Sonic Lost World for Nintendo Wii U- $29.99/$23.99(GCU) @ Best Buy (Amazon PM'd)

I'm really tempted, but I've heard so many bad things.
I paid around $36 and have no regrets. The controls are more complex than other Sonic games, but it's a very unique (and beautiful) game. Not perfect by any means, but one of the better Wii U games IMO.

I'd wait, personally.

I rented it, and it's pretty mediocre. The art and music are top notch, but the level design and controls can be pretty frustrating.

:x I stocked up on eShop credit so I will wait for Nintendo to realize they need better digital sales. I feel like if I buy tthis now, with my backlog, it'll be cheaper before I even break the damn seal.

I picked it up for $30 and can honestly say it's closer to a 75-78 then the 63-65 that most reviewers game it.  It has its issues at times, but there were also some levels where Sega nailed it.   What I think dragged it down were some of the levels that tried to be like Super Mario Galaxy, because the game shines most when it goes off and does its own thing.  The Yoshi and Nights into Dreams DLC is short but it's a pretty cool addition too. 

Is this a 3D or 2D Sonic game? If it's 2D, is it running at 60 fps? I cannot play 2D Sonic games at 30 fps like in Generations.

I picked it up for $30 and can honestly say it's closer to a 75-78 then the 63-65 that most reviewers game it. It has its issues at times, but there were also some levels where Sega nailed it. What I think dragged it down were some of the levels that tried to be like Super Mario Galaxy, because the game shines most when it goes off and does its own thing. The Yoshi and Nights into Dreams DLC is short but it's a pretty cool addition too.
Speaking of which, how long until the free DLC expires? Not the free Yoshi's Island one on the eShop but the one advertised on the games packaging.

Listen, next month is the President's day holiday weekend. Usually big sales then. :x I think this will be even cheaper. :x man if Nintendo would only make eShop sales for these big games.. DX don't they know how weak I am for sales? e.e /eats a multi grain bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, next month is the President's day holiday weekend. Usually big sales then. :x I think this will be even cheaper. :x man if Nintendo would only make eShop sales for these big games.. DX don't they know how weak I am for sales? e.e /eats a multi grain bar.
Go resign miyamoto. Let the Reggiement begin

They do have great sales on eShop. There are countless "big game" sales on 3DS. Wii U infact had all Ubi games (Zombi U, AC3 and others) for like $20-$30 off two months after launch

bread's done
Back