Best Buy DotD: Defiance (ps3 & xbox 360) $7.99/$6.XX Unlocked

You can slash the price of a turd by 90% but that doesn't make it a deal. Seriously though, I remember watching reviews and remembering that despite crappy story and mediocre mechanics, it's still the only MMO on consoles and it does alright in that regard.

if you like mmos and want to see what one could be like on a console, $6 is peanuts. It's just that...there are so many other, better MMOs to sink your time into, price be damned.

Last edited by a moderator:
i platinumed this and they need to pay you to play this game... it is beyond anything you ever thought possible in frustration in regards to disconnects, running into invisible objects due to the worst draw distance imaginable, lag, lots of bugs, and some of the most annoying AI ever.

i platinumed this and they need to pay you to play this game... it is beyond anything you ever thought possible in frustration in regards to disconnects, running into invisible objects due to the worst draw distance imaginable, lag, lots of bugs, and some of the most annoying AI ever.
Damn, it's that bad? I bought this awhile ago but never played it. I'll just delete it off the hard drive and save myself the grief if it's as bad as you say.

The game is good but I had to delete all the updates from my hard drive because it was taking too much memory. If I had a bigger hard drive I would still be playing it.

I bought the steam version of this during the X-mas sale, haven't touched any other games but this. I think it's great pick up and play, buuuuuut i'm not sure if the console versions hold up like the PC version. 

BB should just give this away for free via @gamer coupons use this strategy to sucker people into paying $120. 12 "free games" should do it lol

You can slash the price of a turd by 90% but that doesn't make it a deal. Seriously though, I remember watching reviews and remembering that despite crappy story and mediocre mechanics, it's still the only MMO on consoles and it does alright in that regard.

if you like mmos and want to see what one could be like on a console, $6 is peanuts. It's just that...there are so many other, better MMOs to sink your time into, price be damned.
DC Universe? Freerealms?

Except it's not. Even not counting stuff like Dragon Quest X, you've still got DC Universe Online and a couple others on PS3. And wasn't there once a Phantasy Star MMO on consoles?

And even if you don't have a souped up gaming PC there are still tons of MMO's you can get into. I've tried TOR and LotR, and still occasionally get some time into Star Trek Online. My laptop can't begin to compete with most of the rigs I have seen here and I have to turn down the graphical quality to it's minimums, but they run fine. Unless we are talking about someone who's only console is a 360, and who doesn't own a computer made in this century, I can't think of a single reason to ever own Defiant at all.

Last edited:
Had a $5 rewards cert. that expires at the end of the week, so I snagged up a copy for the PS3 for $3.21. Save your rant, I already owned the 360 version and I honestly liked it. Was it the best MMO I've ever played? **** no. But it's absolutely playable (7-7.5ish/10 IMO). You couldn't even rent a copy that cheap so I might as well go for another platinum trophy.

You can say whatever you want about the game, but the whole TV series tie-in concept and the large scale Arkfalls alone are ambitious, at the least. Plus, I greatly prefer buying the entire game outright, rather than having to pay a monthly subscription. For instance, TES Online looks great but not for $15/mo. I play waaay too many games to justify dropping that much money on one game, regardless of how good it is. My attention span's too short.

To each their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought the game for X360 close to launch and have enjoyed it. Definitely worth it for that price.
I did exactly the same! I think I was able to price match it within my 60 days window, but only for like $15 bucks or so. But I don't regret picking it up during launch because my friends and I had a blast messing around in that game (not to mention I ended up getting a PC Digital Deluxe Edition for free from the Developers). Downside is that it gets repetitive pretty quickly and I found that I enjoyed the game significantly more when I had a bunch of friends playing it. But for $6.XX I decided to pickup a copy for my brother (and before we get a wiseguy, no I don't hate him), so thanks OP.

bread's done
Back