Nintendo Wii U Skylanders Bundle - $249.99 @ amazon

prices might supposedly drop on the games for the system but not the system itself is what the article says which would make more sense since the system itself did see a price drop barely 4 months ago
The Mario and Luigi bundle was sold for $249.99 multiple times after that price drop as well.

I got the bundle for $249.49 last week. I think a lot of people tried to flip their bundle stuff after the $239 Walmart deal started as eBay is flooded with listings.

3rd party prime is just as good as Amazon on stuff like this.
If you say so and are okay with buying a console from someone who bought out all the inventory from TRU or TRU via Newegg when they had a sale.

I'd much rather buy from someone who gets their inventory directly from Nintendo.

According to every article written everywhere on the internet, these will be in the clearance bins with the Ouya in six months. 

Last edited by a moderator:
According to every article written everywhere on the internet, these will be in the clearance bins with the Ouya in six months.
Way too little storage in this with a pitiful 8gb. I think the Skylanders bundle was mainly a way for Nintendo to get rid of excess Wii U "basic" systems, which sold poorly since the beginning.

Way too little storage in this with a pitiful 8gb. I think the Skylanders bundle was mainly a way for Nintendo to get rid of excess Wii U "basic" systems, which sold poorly since the beginning.
Actually the 8GB is plenty so is the 32GB. And really the 32GB is equally pitiful if you plan on downloading retail games. You really need an external USB drive to keep you games on. I don't plan buying digital games, I prefer discs so the remaining 3GB is more than enough for me.

My buy price is gonna be ~$200 and not involve me offloading any parts of it.

I don't want the hassle.

Gonna need it to come from BBY or can be PM'ed to them. Got credit I'd like to use.

You posted this in multiple threads. Just going around trolling potential Wii U buyers eh?
Normally when a product doesn't sell , the manufacturer lowers the price. I've already seen multiple sales already from different retailers. It wouldn't surprise me if some retailer sold the Mario and Luigi bundle for $200 instead of $250 like before.

I wonder if we get enough people to stop buying PS4s we can force them to drop the price. Hmm.
The PS4 is in another league.

The Wii U is like a PS3 but the PS3 has a better library right now.

Nintendo is a generation behind so the Wii U should compete with the PS3 price wise.

Instead of pointing people towards a Wii U , I point them towards a PS3.

The PS3 is a much better console considering what it has and its current price point.

I know some people will tell me that the PS3 is too old but guess what , the Wii U is using technology that's not much more advanced than what the PS3 uses and it's definitely inferior in some ways ( e.g. the Wii U does not use a SATA connection or anything comparable in speed).

I think people want bundles with games when it comes to this system. The stores that have the original black deluxe systems still have their original shipment from launch since no one bought them, those stores are Sears and Sam's club which are really unpopular stores to buy video games at. But the stores like Target that received the Mario and Zelda bundles, those are selling out. Nintendo games are expensive and don't drop in price so people are clearly looking for a bundle deal with this system so they can get the game they want to play without having to fork over an extra $50-60 for it.

The skylanders bundle doesn't seem to be selling, but most retailers here didn't get that in, the only retailers here that got that one in is Gamestop and probably Walmart. Target didn't have it here. Toys R Us had it but that isn't really local to me. Sam's hasn't gotten anything since the original deluxe model but that is to be expected. Game consoles just don't sell at Sears so again, that is to be expected as well.

I think people want bundles with games when it comes to this system. The stores that have the original black deluxe systems still have their original shipment from launch since no one bought them, those stores are Sears and Sam's club which are really unpopular stores to buy video games at.
The original Deluxe system is a bundle. It includes Nintendoland.

The skylanders bundle doesn't seem to be selling, but most retailers here didn't get that in, the only retailers here that got that one in is Gamestop and probably Walmart. Target didn't have it here. Toys R Us had it but that isn't really local to me. Sam's hasn't gotten anything since the original deluxe model but that is to be expected. Game consoles just don't sell at Sears so again, that is to be expected as well.
I think the issue with the Skylanders bundle is that the majority of Skylanders business at this point are return customers. They purchased one or both of the previous games on another platform and likely want to stick with that platform.

bread's done
Back