- - - - -

Mass Effect 3 Wii U $11 Amazon

Mass Effect 3 Wii U Amazon Prime

#31 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3486 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

Wow, that summary is a pretty big disservice to Mass Effect. The story is so much more than that.

Like I said, it's comperable to starting Star Wars at episode 6 or picking up Watchmen at the 11th hour. Is it possible? Certainly. But you are doing yourself a major disservice and you are going to miss some things. Mass Effect is, ending shenanigans aside, a masterpiece that deserves to be experienced in it's entirety. The comics at the start may help that to a point, but it's not much better than just reading plot synopsis on Wikipedia. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't experienced the first two for that reason.

I mean that depends on your definition of value, but I'd say almost certainly not. Mass Effect isn't exactly a rare game by anyone's definition, and WiiU is hardly a popular console. Adding to that, it's the worst version of the last game in the trilogy. It's available digitally pretty much everywhere, and even if the PSN and Xbox Live disable online for PS3/XB1 you still can pick it on *shudder* Origin.

seeing as how so many who invested their time and adored the series since the first entry were enraged about how it all culminated, I dunno if I feel so bad for jumping in at the end.

#32 todd mitchell   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   35 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

todd mitchell

Posted 23 January 2014 - 07:23 PM

I'm in for one although I have it for 360. I bought this system and absolutely love the functionality. The potential for this thing is huge! Unfortunately nobody knows what it is. My buddy a 360/Ps3 owner (as am I) thought it was a Wii add on. Not a good sign. After a tour of Nintendoland (5 player) and some ZombiU single and multiplayer he was impressed! I showed him the system specs the backwards compatibility(games and controllers) and what games are coming down the pike-he was sold! If they marketed this WIIU correctly and had just one 'Goldeneye' for it I am absolutely confident this thing could hang with the next gen offerings.

#33 miyamotorola   I have mild to moderate eczema CAGiversary!   3486 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

miyamotorola

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:24 PM

:x I got the delivery complete notice. >} can't wait to get home. Wonder which classes would benefit most from the gamepad.. probably something more technical right? :o sentinel or engineer or something?