Best Buy sending out coupon for Gamers Club Unlocked for $60 for 2 years

Heads up, Best Buy is sending out coupons for Gamers Club Unlocked for 2 years at $60.  This is not as good as the $30 deal, but still, 50% off is not bad.  It is buried in an email titled "Play like a champ with Gamers Club Unlocked".

Coupon has a unique code and your name on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering it gets you 20% off ALL game purchases and you can buy 3 copies of each title, the Gamers Club Unlocked is definitely worthwhile.

Just got the email.
Seriously considering it.
It doesn't seem to include the gamer coupons/subrcription.
Does it?

Just got the email.
Seriously considering it.
It doesn't seem to include the gamer coupons/subrcription.
Does it?
Magazine is gone after the current issue from what I understand.

I've gotten more than my $30 worth of value out of the subscription so far, and I'm only 2 months in. Well worth it for me.

I kind of got excited because right after reading this I got an email titled "play like a champ with Xbox live" I'd like to extend mine but no code inside, just advertising $20 off 12 months :(

[quote name="stuntman21" post="11465260" timestamp="1390427897"]I kind of got excited because right after reading this I got an email titled "play like a champ with Xbox live" I'd like to extend mine but no code inside, just advertising $20 off 12 months :([/quote]

Thats the email I got, however I also see where it says click here for GCU membership for $60 on that very same email.

I got a different email because I'm already a GCU member.  It said "Play like a champ and save on Knack and DS4 controller." 

The email I have just links to a $20 savings offer for getting DS4 & Knack. 

Yay the GCU coupon frenzie can continue.

This is worth $60 for 2 years, even with their new polices on trade ins. 20% off new games is a great deal. You'd just have to buy a few titles a year to make up the $60. Pair the discount with the games on the $10 preorder bonus and you've got gold.

Hoping I don't get the email. Then I can save myself 60 bucks. I'd be horribly tempted to get it at 60 bucks. Anyone know if you can use reward certificates toward the purchase of a GCU subscription? I have 10 bucks in rewards.

Just got this email as well, so the earlier speculation about this promotion being targeted towards former GCU members that let their memberships lapse too soon might be correct. I had wanted to hold out for a $30 offer at some point, but, since I'm planning on getting Bravely Default and Dark Souls II at launch anyway, this will probably be just as good, considering I'd have to receive any such offer before mid-March to do me any good.

Does anyone know if this will retroactively affect my pre-existing preorder for the Bravely Default CE? Won't be able to use this coupon until Friday night as my work schedule is a bit hectic right now, and I'd hate to see it go out of stock if I have to place a new order.

since i never got the $30 offer I might get this one. gotta do some math for a minute to see if worth it.
I`d suggest trying to buy a $30 coupon from someone before paying more

Hoping I don't get the email. Then I can save myself 60 bucks. I'd be horribly tempted to get it at 60 bucks. Anyone know if you can use reward certificates toward the purchase of a GCU subscription? I have 10 bucks in rewards.
yes, rz certs work but you can also follow the above advice save more

Just got this email as well, so the earlier speculation about this promotion being targeted towards former GCU members that let their memberships lapse too soon might be correct. I had wanted to hold out for a $30 offer at some point, but, since I'm planning on getting Bravely Default and Dark Souls II at launch anyway, this will probably be just as good, considering I'd have to receive any such offer before mid-March to do me any good.

Does anyone know if this will retroactively affect my pre-existing preorder for the Bravely Default CE? Won't be able to use this coupon until Friday night as my work schedule is a bit hectic right now, and I'd hate to see it go out of stock if I have to place a new order.
here is the answer from the gamers club unlocked frequently asked questions from best buy unboxed

Q: If I have already pre-ordered games, will the 20% off be applied to those orders?
A: This will depend on whether you placed these pre-orders in-store or through BestBuy.com

• In-Store:
    If you pre-ordered in-store, you will receive the 20% off benefit as long as you are an active Gamers Club Unlocked member when you pick up your pre-order. You will need to ensure your My Best Buy account is added to the purchase when the game is picked up.
  • BestBuy.com:
    If you pre-ordered on BestBuy.com for either Store Pickup or shipping, we are not able to add this benefit to your existing order. You will need to either cancel and re-do your pre-order or return and repurchase the game once it is fulfilled to get the 20% off. To receive this benefit going forward, you will need to ensure that you are signed in to your BestBuy.com account when you place an order and have your My Best Buy account linked to your BestBuy.com account.

same price  as people selling here

they want  30 + for the coupon and then you have to pay another  30   when you take it into best buy 

hope i get one i pay 60 in a second for it 

here is the answer from the gamers club unlocked frequently asked questions from best buy unboxed

Q: If I have already pre-ordered games, will the 20% off be applied to those orders?
A: This will depend on whether you placed these pre-orders in-store or through BestBuy.com

• In-Store:
    If you pre-ordered in-store, you will receive the 20% off benefit as long as you are an active Gamers Club Unlocked member when you pick up your pre-order. You will need to ensure your My Best Buy account is added to the purchase when the game is picked up.
  • BestBuy.com:
    If you pre-ordered on BestBuy.com for either Store Pickup or shipping, we are not able to add this benefit to your existing order. You will need to either cancel and re-do your pre-order or return and repurchase the game once it is fulfilled to get the 20% off. To receive this benefit going forward, you will need to ensure that you are signed in to your BestBuy.com account when you place an order and have your My Best Buy account linked to your BestBuy.com account.
Thanks for the reply! I had actually just come across this myself, but you beat me to the punch. I did place the order online, with RZ certificates too. Never had to return/cancel an order where I used RZ certificates before, but it looks like they just plug the equivalent number of points back to your My Best Buy account, which I'm fine with since I have point banking now.

BB may not even be around in two years. Aside from going to wal mart, I can't think if a worse shopping experience.

BB may not even be around in two years. Aside from going to wal mart, I can't think if a worse shopping experience.
I sure hope they are. As much as I hated Circuit City, I do miss them a little. Blockbuster and mom & pop stores for movie rentals? Miss them too. You can only watch so much Netflix before it gets old (plus they almost never update their selection it seems aside from B-movies).

With all the changes I don't think I'll reup for another 2 years. That'll give me 3 years left and I'm not even sure it'll last that long.

I hope they stay alive, I used be a loyal long time Gamestop member but then i started to notice their shaddy practice back then with open New copies, or stupid UPC stick on the game cover. I think they stop their praitce but I will never buy new games form them agian. Plus, I never felt like i was saving much when I bought a USED fairly new game for to save $7 from buying it brand new.

With bestbuy every new game you buy you get about $5 back, so thats about the same saving as buying a used new game, just that you know you got a new copy.

If anyone is not going to use the coupon I would love to get it.  I am a Elite member and I didnt get no email :(  Sad Sad Sad!

Yeah I have been shopping at Best Buy quite frequently since they started game trade ins, Gamers Club Unlocked, and Trade and save for blu-rays. I do miss the Trade and Save though, I wish that would come back. With the 20% off new games now and Amazon really not doing any credits for games, I have probably bought enough games to pay for the sub.

As other people are asking already, I may as well.

I'd very much appreciate one of these coupons/codes if someone received one and is not planning to use it. Please PM me.
thanks!

Well look at how long Sears/KMart have stuck around. JC Penney... Blockbuster took close to 8 years to finally close all their stores... I'm not that concerned that BB will go out anytime soon, in fact I despise when people seem to be happy to see a business under. First off, it puts a lot of people out of work and second it creates a less competitive atmosphere so even if you don't shop there you'll probably pay more for what you buy.

no email for me :( Anybody know what triggers it being sent?
I'm currently Elite Plus but have never been a GCU member and received it.

Yeah u can

I got the email today as well.  I think I am going to go for it.  There are at least 4 games I know I am buying for sure this year.  

I know over 2 years I will save way more then $60.

Anyone that got the coupon and will not be using it , please PM me.  I would definitely love to have this as I trade in and buy tons of used games, and with my PS4 and 3DSxl would love to save on every new purchase as well.  PM please!

Wow checking through my e-mail and I did get the $30 dollar coupon, but because of the new g-mail layout it got burried...FML.

So if you already have GCU for 2 years from the previous coupon, will this coupon stack and tack on another 2 years to my membership?  Or is it only valid for non-GCU members?

I got the email and trashed it. I can't justify paying for a 20% discount and I don't buy that much from Best Buy. I however could justify paying $30 for PS+ because I have loaded up on a bunch of FREE games. Supposedly Metro Light is free next month on PS+.

Wow, I don't think im gonna get that email, but if I do its gonna be hard to refuse. Especially with all those games you can pre-order for a $10 gift card.

At $60 if you buy just six full priced games in two years you've already made your money back and I definitely buy more than that in one year...

I got the email and trashed it. I can't justify paying for a 20% discount and I don't buy that much from Best Buy. I however could justify paying $30 for PS+ because I have loaded up on a bunch of FREE games. Supposedly Metro Light is free next month on PS+.
Um. Give it to me then?

bread's done
Back