Best Buy DotD: Microsoft - Special Edition Wireless Controller for Xbox 360 (Gold Chrome) $34.99

Thanks, OP. Placed an order for pickup. Looking forward to finally having a controller with the transforming D-pad

Says the guy whose gender identity is threatened by a gold 360 controller.
I gotta say... two things here.

First: He didn't say it. Bertrand Russell did.

Second: Reinforcing his doubts would, by the boundaries in the quote, only serve to allude to him as "wise". Clearly that wasn't the intent of your post, though, which would make me consider your remark to be "unwise" and completely validate the philosophy being presented.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is $50 a good price point for the lotr collection its also a deal of the day
It's been as low as $35 through a Wal-Mart pricing mistake. I was lucky enough to grab one then. If you're a fan of the movies then I think $50 is worth the mountain of content in this collection.

I gotta say... two things here.

First: He didn't say it. Bertrand Russell did.

Second: Reinforcing his doubts would, by the boundaries in the quote, only serve to allude to him as "wise". Clearly that wasn't the intent of your post, though, which would make me consider your remark to be "unwise" and completely validate the philosophy being presented.
El oh el.

Someone saying he wouldn't feel manly using this controller is now considered to be wise for saying so.

El em ay oh.

I'm tempted as one of my Gears of War 3 controllers seems to have issues (keeps turning off even with new batteries), and one of my old black ones is starting to die. I'm sure a regular one will drop significantly in the coming months though and I so rarely need more than two controllers and already own 4 (not counting the one I gave to my nephew and the one I gave to my dad with my old Xbox). 

I don't understand why we're attacking him for not feeling manly for using this controller.  Some people think the Marlboro man is manly; I think he looks like a douche.  Who cares.

That said, I personally think the controller looks tacky.  If you're going to buy it as a collector, then go for it.  It's a good deal for that.

Thanks, OP. Placed an order for pickup. Looking forward to finally having a controller with the transforming D-pad
Here's how that works out, for a week you adjust the D-Pad to what works best per game.

Then you never do ever again.

My thumbstick started to wander and I went back to an old controller.

In the end a "New" controller trumps what variation.

Wish it included the silver or red chrome as well, since I already have blue chrome, camo, and C3PO controllers.
I could say something like you're the biggest Xbox nerd alive, but then I remembered that Bertrand Russell quote and think naaaaah just keep it to myself.

I personally don't give a fuck about the color. It can be baby poo green and I'd still buy it if the price is right. It's not like I'm going to be paying attention to the controller while I play. I might bite on this since my controller is acting screwy lately.

I could say something like you're the biggest Xbox nerd alive, but then I remembered that Bertrand Russell quote and think naaaaah just keep it to myself.
Except you didn't keep it to yourself. Also, I cant help but notice the irony that you are so confident that my preference to have 4 uniquely identifiable controllers for local multiplayer has anything to do with that quote or somehow equates to being an Xbox nerd.

Does this leave any smudges or fingerprints behind easily? I'm tempted to get this, but from the way the gold surface looks like in the Best Buy picture, it just might. Has anybody personally owned a Gold 360 controller before and can clarify this for me?

I might just settle for a regular black controller if it does.

Does this leave any smudges or fingerprints behind easily? I'm tempted to get this, but from the way the gold surface looks like in the Best Buy picture, it just might. Has anybody personally owned a Gold 360 controller before and can clarify this for me?

I'm curious as well.

I'm sick in the head. Thinking of snagging this. Don't own a 360, but it looks awfully slick. And one day, I'll play Witcher 2. One day....

I'm curious as well.

I'm sick in the head. Thinking of snagging this. Don't own a 360, but it looks awfully slick. And one day, I'll play Witcher 2. One day....
I have the C-3PO controller and it does indeed attract smudge and fingerprints like a magnet. I can see all of the little fingerprints on it with pretty good detail, so....yeah, some regular cleaning will be required. Unless you just don't care and will just leave the crud on there for cushion, then it doesn't matter.

How does this one differ from the Star Wars pack in?

EDIT: Nevermind, it doesn't have the wiring on the bottom
Yup, it's wireless. <rimshot>

Anyone ordering online: feel free to add one of these for 99cents.

Or this odd thing for $4.99:

I have the C-3PO controller and it does indeed attract smudge and fingerprints like a magnet. I can see all of the little fingerprints on it with pretty good detail, so....yeah, some regular cleaning will be required. Unless you just don't care and will just leave the crud on there for cushion, then it doesn't matter.
Thanks for the feedback. It's really appreciated. :)

I guess I'll have to think this over some more then. Even with that in mind, I still kinda want it. Decisions, decisions...

Had a $25 dollar BB gift card from Christmas, along with a $5 RZ certificate. Couldn't pass this one up even though I already have 4 360 controllers.

bread's done
Back