Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge; @ Walmart: $19.96 PS3/$24.96 360; @ Gamefly Used: $17.99 360/PS3

Joe Fongul

CAGiversary!
Feedback
172 (100%)
Just figured I would pass this down in case somebody was interested.  The game still goes for between $29.99 & $39.99 at most retailers.

:ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge $19.96

:360: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razors Edge $24.96

The game is also available used for the :360: at Gamefly for $17.99 (no free shipping though).  If you have a GF membership, you can also get the :ps3: version for the same price as well (using the KEEP option). The game does have an online pass which will come with the used game.

:360: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $17.99

:ps3: Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge $17.99

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally think it's an improvement on the series - kinda like ng sigma and ng2 sigma. well worth it for $20/25

I thought the PS3 and 360 versions of Razor's Edge were MSRP $29.99 from the start?

Anyway, this game is what NG3 should have always been. Unfortunately the "vanilla" edition of NG3 got bashed so horribly (which it deserved), and Razor's Edge was a bit of a stealth release... I'm sad that the game was so mismanaged.

Great game though.

I personally think it's an improvement on the series - kinda like ng sigma and ng2 sigma. well worth it for $20/25
Added contents doesn't mean they are better as far as sigmas go, especially sigma 2; far worse than the original. As for razor's edge, it's definitely better than the original. The original was pretty bad for a game with Ninja Gaiden in the title.

Isn't Ninja Gaiden Black still considered better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma? I might have to grab this. Wonder how much I can get for NG3 vanilla 

NG3 does not exist. They went from ng2 to a dumbed down port to this.
:D

So true. For Ninja Gaiden games, Itagaki is so much better than Hayashi.

Isn't Ninja Gaiden Black still considered better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma? I might have to grab this. Wonder how much I can get for NG3 vanilla
Yep, Simga ports with added contents have always been inferior to the originals. Vanilla NG3 is probably only worth pennies now. I kept mine, not worth it to even bother selling or trading. That plus I'm a TeamNinja fan so I keep all their games for the most part; even the DOA Xtreme games which are better than NG3. :lol:

For me, it went

NG2>NGB>NGS1>NG3:RE>NGS2

I don't know what this NG3 vanilla is though.

I love me some ninja gaiden. I really need to pickup sigma 2 for the vita just because.

For me, it went

NG2>NGB>NGS1>NG3:RE>NGS2

I don't know what this NG3 vanilla is though.

I love me some ninja gaiden. I really need to pickup sigma 2 for the vita just because.
I call Ninja Gaiden 3 Vanilla because it's the original version. Not the Razor's Edge Version

Added contents doesn't mean they are better as far as sigmas go, especially sigma 2; far worse than the original. As for razor's edge, it's definitely better than the original. The original was pretty bad for a game with Ninja Gaiden in the title.
Don't know about you but in a way added content does mean better to me regardless... yeah sure they tweeked the gameplay a little on each but seriously people act like the game is completely ruined with each update / following title. just play and enjoy, if not then don't - right?

I'm really close to just biting on this as it's the cheapest I've seen this game.  Not to mention it's no longer sold by Amazon and the prices keep getting higher.

Best Buy has some in-stock for $39.99, and every store within 100 miles of me don't have any in stock, only ship to store online. 

I know it's not anywhere near as great as the first two, but the obsessive collector in me would be annoyed knowing there's a 3rd release of this series out there and not having it.  :drool:

I'm really close to just biting on this as it's the cheapest I've seen this game. Not to mention it's no longer sold by Amazon and the prices keep getting higher.
I caved in and bought a copy for in-store pick-up. Even though I still need to beat NG2S, buy NG1S, and NG3's story is bad, I had a lot of fun with the Razor Edge demo.

I caved in and bought a copy for in-store pick-up. Even though I still need to beat NG2S, buy NG1S, and NG3's story is bad, I had a lot of fun with the Razor Edge demo.
I'd wait for somewhere else to have it on sale.

Walmart has a habit of cancelling orders and not telling you until you are in the store trying to pick your orders up.

Walmart has a habit of cancelling orders and not telling you until you are in the store trying to pick your orders up.
That's the problem. Most places are sold out new and haven't received new shipments in quite some time. Among major outlets, only Best Buy ($39.99 online only) and Walmart ($19.96) have it. Walmart being the cheapest I've seen the game new. Amazon market sellers are already starting to jack up the price too.

I think this will be as cheap as it gets. Best Buy may hold a sale on it...that is, if it doesn't sell out before they put it on sale.

Also, try Fed Ex Office pick up if you have one near you. I have one around the corner, much closer than my nearest Walmart. Orders are shipped there for pickup and are shipped from their warehouse. Never had an ordered canceled using this pickup method.

EDIT: Just bought...not taking the chance.

Don't know about you but in a way added content does mean better to me regardless... yeah sure they tweeked the gameplay a little on each but seriously people act like the game is completely ruined with each update / following title. just play and enjoy, if not then don't - right?
Well, guess we are all entitled to our own subjective views. However, I do have to say Sigma 2, at least for me, was very close to being ruined for what the game was originally intended to be. It was supposed to be an ultra violent game with lots of enemies ganging up on you and you'd need split second decisions and skills to get through. Simga 2 removed the ultra violent feel by getting rid of eye candies and significantly reducing the amount of enemies on screen at once. To make up for it and making it artificially hard, they added god like health to each enemy to make them take forever to lose an arm or leg for the obliteration kill. I'm specifically talking about master ninja difficulty, which is what real fans play on for this series. The black spider ninjas take at least 5 izuna drops to kill, if I remember correctly, which is totally not fun and changes the feel and gameplay for the worse. Of course, if you are a casual NG player, you'd appreciate the added contents more. For real fans of the series, these changes break the gameplay and no amount of added contents can save it. That's why you hear them so vocally. Unlike shooters where it is dime a dozen, there is no other hack n slash game like the NG series on the market; every single release needs to have that Itagaki standard which is sorely lacking since his departure from Tecmo.

Just picked up the game without problems, thanks again for the heads-up OP and thanks to SmileyMcSmiles for making me cave into actually buying it haha

Just picked up the game without problems, thanks again for the heads-up OP and thanks to SmileyMcSmiles for making me cave into actually buying it haha
Haha, I'm always here to help! :D/ I grabbed one too...didn't want to forget about it and then have to pay a premium later down the line.

i picked this up tonight at target on clearance for $12.
Great find! Though YMMV on this one. Killer deal for those that can find it.

I've done the store pickup regularly, and I've never had any problem when I bring in my order pickup notice. I did have problems, though, with the ship to FedEx Office. The shipment got screwed up and was never received by my local office. At least for me, store pickup has been more reliable.

Updated the thread with the used prices from Gamefly.  It's a better option for anyone who wants the :360: version to grab it from Gamefly, even though I might wait to see if they place it on special at some point (just to save on the shipping cost).

bread's done
Back