Microsoft Xbox 360 USB Controller for PC/Xbox 360 - FREE + $10 Cashback (after $60 rebate)

Em1X

CAGiversary!
Hello!

New here, apologies if this has been post... found a good deal here:

Microsoft Xbox 360 USB Controller for PC/Xbox 360 and Total Defense Premium Internet Security Bundle

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8745760

FREE after rebate $60 and you also get a $10 Cash back with a Tiger Direct rebate :)

Enjoy!

EDIT -- 

Just a heads up regarding the rebate:

It requires you to install and activate the product with a subscription for the rebate to go through. You could technically just sign up for the subscription, process your rebate and then cancel the subscription immediately but it is an extra step and a fairly annoying one at that since the software isn't great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I stared at this for a while wondering if the Total Defense rebate would arrive if you already had an existing license as it needs to be active and installed for the rebate to be processed.

It requires you to install and activate the product with a subscription for the rebate to go through. You could technically just sign up for the subscription, process your rebate and then cancel the subscription immediately but it is an extra step and a fairly annoying one at that since the software isn't great. 

virtualbox could allow you to avoid installing the crappy software on your main machine.

Don't need to actually install the software, you only have to activate it. As long as you follow their insructions, you will get your rebate money within a month or two.

Word of warning though, this bundle is reported to have the controller out of stock/backordered so chances are that you may or may not get the controller and just the software.

I would be EXTREMELY cautious with TigerDirect.  

I won't go into the details, but I ignored other CAGs' warnings last year and made a small purchase of two video games from them in early November.  They never sent one of the games and told me it was coming from a third party vendor, so they couldn't track the shipping.  

Dozens of calls and more than two months later, my item unceremoniously arrived media mail through USPS with no return label.  TigerDirect lied to me on numerous occasions during my calls regarding this item and they refused to refund me at any point before I stopped asking when the game finally arrived last week.

I will never buy from them again, but I'm sure some people have had fine experiences with them.  

Good luck to anyone trying to take advantage of this.  

sure enuff - got a envelope package with just the antivirus software in the mail. I wish I would've waited on this instead of jumping on it, but by when I did - the order was already placed.

I swear if tiger direct screws the pooch, I will find them and hurt them.

Tiger Direct sent me a "not for resale" Blu Ray when I ordered from them.  I will never buy from this scam company again.

Also, the OP used a referral.

Yeah, like others, I am very much trying to avoid shopping at TD, if at all possible. If this were somewhere like Newegg, I would be all over it. But TD....eh, not so much. Good deal, bad retailer.  :shame:

bread's done
Back