Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate - $30 new, $25 used at BestBuy.com

It is not available for shipping online.

Also, the $29.99 price (minus the 20% gamer's club discount) has been in effect for a while now.

(not sure when it dropped to that price, i placed my order online way back on 11/18/2013)

Not low enough, you grab it for about $19 used with the bday coupon at Gamestop. This is pretty much the new MSRP for the game.

Plus with this not being full of the past dlc, it's nothing worth getting excited over.

Would be worth it if this game didnt have some of the highest damn priced DLC I have ever seen.
It's just costumes so I just ignore them. Yeah I know one of the biggest draws to the game are the female costumes but not for that much money. Bought the digital version for $10 at Christmas so I'm good.

It's just costumes so I just ignore them. Yeah I know one of the biggest draws to the game are the female costumes but not for that much money. Bought the digital version for $10 at Christmas so I'm good.
I know, I already have both. The only DLC I have is the pre-order stuff from both games (And the Vita version), and I think I brought a pack or two

I'm a big Dead or Alive fan so I own all the titles. I wouldn't mind double dipping if it gets released again.
It probably won't until DOA6 but DOA5U could see a release on the Vita as DOA5U+. I will gladly hand over the money as well. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably won't until DOA6 but DOA5U could see a release on the Vita as DOA5U+. I will gladly hand over the money as well. ;)
Actually the director hinted at a possibility of porting DOA5U to next gen. I don't think they would do another release on the Vita because I don't think that version made them a lot of money. A lot of retail stores don't even carry it anymore.

"So looking at the specs and the hardware capabilities, we’re highly interested in that possibility," said Shimbori. "But at this point, we haven’t done any work on it."

This was back in June around the time of E3 so who knows if they have any interest at this point. What we do know is that they are pushing out an update later this month (balancing, costumes, etc) and will follow with the release of the new character Marie Rose to home consoles sometime in the Spring.

Regarding the Swimsuit DLC, I think it would have dropped in price. Many of the people that owned the vanilla copy moved onto DOA5U. You could only transfer the costumes once so either they had the costumes or they didn't. Seems like you would be marketing to a very small market of people who still play the original. I also think you can buy the costumes on the store front so that also reduces value.

So what DLC does this version not include? I really thought it had everything. The vanilla version of the game can be found for 9 bucks.

I need this game in my life

So what DLC does this version not include? I really thought it had everything. The vanilla version of the game can be found for 9 bucks.

I need this game in my life
DOA5U included most of the DLCs from DOA5. However, any DLC released after the game came out will cost $$$$$

DOA5U included most of the DLCs from DOA5. However, any DLC released after the game came out will cost $$$$$
I've been buying every DLC pack.. I am a fool but I got my microsoft points on heavy discount during the Microsoft Store glitch so I don't feel AS bad. I didn't buy the casual set or the tecmo bowl set though.

I've been buying every DLC pack.. I am a fool but I got my microsoft points on heavy discount during the Microsoft Store glitch so I don't feel AS bad. I didn't buy the casual set or the tecmo bowl set though.
Lucky you. I bought mine on the PS3 with no discounts. :( I'm leaving MS camp for a bit after 11 years of MS consoles and 10 years of XBL because MS seems to have much less Japanese support now compares to before. Many Japanese games are PS3 exclusive these day unlike before. Even DOA games, PS3 got one of the title updates over a month before 360 did during DOA5 days and many costumes are on PS3 first before they show up on XBL, like the Orochi costumes and the freebie Kasumi costume which just appeared on XBL last week when PS3 had it for couple months already. Don't get me wrong though, I still do play the 360 from time to time and even have a copy of DOA5U for it but I will not be buying costumes there as I shift my focus to the Sony camp.

I too bought all DLCs except for Tecmo Bowl set. Well I did buy 1 for Rachel since PSN had a buy 1 of the Tecmo Bowl costumes and get Tecmo Bowl free promo awhile ago. Can't say no to that for $2. ;)

Lucky you. I bought mine on the PS3 with no discounts. :( I'm leaving MS camp for a bit after 11 years of MS consoles and 10 years of XBL because MS seems to have much less Japanese support now compares to before. Many Japanese games are PS3 exclusive these day unlike before. Even DOA games, PS3 got one of the title updates over a month before 360 did during DOA5 days and many costumes are on PS3 first before they show up on XBL, like the Orochi costumes and the freebie Kasumi costume which just appeared on XBL last week when PS3 had it for couple months already. Don't get me wrong though, I still do play the 360 from time to time and even have a copy of DOA5U for it but I will not be buying costumes there as I shift my focus to the Sony camp.

I too bought all DLCs except for Tecmo Bowl set. Well I did buy 1 for Rachel since PSN had a buy 1 of the Tecmo Bowl costumes and get Tecmo Bowl free promo awhile ago. Can't say no to that for $2. ;)
I've just always been part of the DOA camp for Xbox 360 because it was for the most part an exclusive for the longest time (DOA3, DOAU, DOAXBV 1 and 2, and DOA4). I think the one plus you get with playing it on the Ps3 is that you get all the F2P core fighters. I wish Microsoft allowed that so the community would be that much bigger.

Wanted to try this game for a while. 

Got lucky and found a complete preowned copy at my local GS.  Used the birthday coupon, then $10 off preowned coupon and powerup pro to get it for about $11 (no tax since I used GS credit).

I've just always been part of the DOA camp for Xbox 360 because it was for the most part an exclusive for the longest time (DOA3, DOAU, DOAXBV 1 and 2, and DOA4). I think the one plus you get with playing it on the Ps3 is that you get all the F2P core fighters. I wish Microsoft allowed that so the community would be that much bigger.
That's exactly my thinking before but time has changed and I must adapt. MS is rejecting all the Japanese fighters' F2P model (DOA5U, Tekken Revolution, and the upcoming Soul Calibur). All of that plus many new Japanese games are PS3 exclusive now, I'm kind of forced to leave the MS camp. I've always bought MS consoles at launch because of exclusive DOA games and many others. Unfortunely, the tables have turned. With Sony getting more asian exclusives and DOA/NG being multiplatform now, there's no need for me to invest in 2 next gen consoles. The only advantage MS has now is few western exclusive (shooters) which I care a lot less about. Oh one more advantage, the 360 has 1 frame input lag advantage over PS3 on all fighting games. ;)

bread's done
Back