thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
Checked my email tonight. Basically, Sony has been pushing tempting promotions to get people to sign up for their Playstation Credit Card (provided by Capitol One, I think) for the past few months (like $50 PSN credit, 1 Year PS+, etc). This time? They're trying to get you to sign up for a free game. So far, I saw Beyond: Two Souls, GTAV for PS3 and Killzone: Shadow Fall for PS4 in the email...but there are others. Unconfirmed on my end if these are downloads or physical copies they will offer you.

Aside from that, you earn 10x points for Playstation Store purchases, 3x points for Sony.com, movie theaters, mobile phone bills and quick service (aka fast food?) restaurants, and 1x points on all other purchases.

Anyone got experience with the Playstation Card to offer more details?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also received an email today but it was the $50 psn credit again. Maybe they are trying out the game to different people to see how well received it is in relation to the other promotions that they bring up from time to time

If I were going to go for it, I would almost prefer $50 psn credit to a free game or year of PS+

I got one a couple of years ago, ended up getting a $50 PSN credit, which I spent on a year on PS+

Just a standard high interest credit card, if you make a lot of purchases on the PSN store, you get a decent amount of points back which you can then spend on stuff that they offer on their store. I've gotten a few $20 PSN credits from my purchases I've made in the past couple of years.

Not bad. They ended up giving me $100 when I signed up for the Sony Card. I've made quite a few rewards points from using it over the past few months.

If the card's high interest...it can't be much worse than Paypal/Bill Me Later. -.- BML charges me 20% of my owed balance for interest each year. I wish I could get a loan somewhere to pay it off and pay a lower interest rate to the loan group.

Since we are on the subject of credit cards, Discover IT is offering $150 on sign up now I believe.

Most credit cards offer at least $100 upon sign up back in some shape or form. 

If the card's high interest...it can't be much worse than Paypal/Bill Me Later. -.- BML charges me 20% of my owed balance for interest each year. I wish I could get a loan somewhere to pay it off and pay a lower interest rate to the loan group.
You can get a new credit card with low/no interest promotional balance transfer and move the BML over. You'll often get charged full freight if you fail to pay the transfer off within the promo window, but it'll be a respite and should be lower than 20% unless you have atrocious credit.

You can get a new credit card with low/no interest promotional balance transfer and move the BML over. You'll often get charged full freight if you fail to pay the transfer off within the promo window, but it'll be a respite and should be lower than 20% unless you have atrocious credit.
=/ BML was my first attempt to build credit, but some of the reviews I've seen online for their practices make me feel like I'm wasting my time and effort. And I would rather get a card that, say, has a 2,000 dollar limit, use that to pay off my BML balance (which is $1,700 cause I used it to fund a new gaming desktop I needed, and XMas shopping with a bit of Steam sales), and deal with a lower annual percentage rate than 20%. 20% on a credit service is just outrageous.

Does that one include all the points benefits that you get from making PSN purchases?
not 10x no . I got the sony card around Christmas and it had a 200$ credit made getting a ps4 a lil easier. you dont get the 10 x rewards but you can get 2x once for linking your psn name and once again if you purchase psn stuff with sony card. you get 3x points on restaurants and extra points if you buy sony products you just need to fill out a form .

not 10x no . I got the sony card around Christmas and it had a 200$ credit made getting a ps4 a lil easier. you dont get the 10 x rewards but you can get 2x once for linking your psn name and once again if you purchase psn stuff with sony card. you get 3x points on restaurants and extra points if you buy sony products you just need to fill out a form .
thanks much for the info.

I suppose the PSN 10x card would be better for me in the long run. I've probably spent more than the current cost of a PS4 in the PSN store this year.

God that hurt to type.

I applied for the card and was approved, but I haven't received any confirmation in my email.  They said that the card and details would be sent in the mail in 7-10 days, but I assumed I'd also get some sort of email confirmation.  Does anyone know if this is normal?

I applied for the card and was approved, but I haven't received any confirmation in my email. They said that the card and details would be sent in the mail in 7-10 days, but I assumed I'd also get some sort of email confirmation. Does anyone know if this is normal?
Very normal. You'll get your card soon.

I am confused. I signed up for the card but do I have make a $299 purchase at the Sony style store to get the $100 credit.

This is a little off topic, but here it goes...

For anyone with bad credit or trying to repair credit, there is a really easy step that will go a long way to redemption.  Each year, you can get a free credit report from each one of the three credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax and TransUnion).  Go to annualcreditreport.com (other websites require you to pay, this one is the free one) to get started.  You'll need to do this trick to each of the three to fully benefit from this.

The trick: dispute everything.  When you get your report, there will be an option to dispute any of the negative hits to your credit.  In most instances, you will get a list of disputable items like: "I don't agree with the high balance listed" or "I don't agree with the start date of the account."  Typically you can choose a few different options per negative hit.

The companies have 45 days to prove whatever option(s) you've disputed.  If they can't, the negative hit gets removed from your report (read: you don't owe anything!).  Since a lot of bad credit has already been charged off/sold to a collection agency, it's often the case that the new account holder didn't quite get all of the "files" for the account.

You might need to wait a few months to see the postive effect, but it will come.  Of the 9 bad debts I disputed, only one was not succesfully removed via this method.  They sent me a letter saying something like "we understand you don't agree with [insert dispute reason]...we'd like to talk to you about it."  Three months later I was flooded with credit card applications.  I got a few 0% APR cards and tossed the others...you don't want to fall back in to bad habits ;)

bread's done
Back