Tales of Graces f (PS3)

Tales of Xillia (PS3)

Tales of Vesperia (X360)

Buy 1 Tales game, 20% off. 

Buy 2 Tales games, 30% off.

Buy 3 Tales games or more, 45% off.

http://store.namcobandaigames.com/store/namcous/list/categoryID.67518600

Just a heads up.

I think it's a decent/good deal if you wanted to buy Abyss, Graces f, and Xillia. Too bad Symphonia doesn't count.

Vesperia's great, but it's like $5 on XBL digital download right now.

Graces f I just... couldn't get into.

I have Xillia but have yet to try.

So out of all those Vesperia's my favorite.  And it's also the cheapest. Double win!

Not bad if you end up getting 3 especially. If you get 3 Tales games it makes Tales of the Abyss $16.47 and Graces/Xillia/Vesperia $21.97. Definitely could do much worse for these games!

I bit on three: 

Tales of the Abyss (3DS)

Tales of Graces (PS3)

Tales of Xillia Limited Edition (PS3)

Total: 77 (tax included. Yay Texas).

Yes :(

The prices are good but I would forewarn everyone what they are getting involved in. Most regulars should be well aware but for any that aren't please do some research on Digital Rivers on CAG.
Is this related to the Ni No Kuni CE related incident?

Is this related to the Ni No Kuni CE related incident?
It's related to a lot of issues with DR. They are just an overall shady company, IMO. They charge you even on cancelled orders, won't let you return the items, cancel part of your order and charge the same amount (Including the shipping that is pro-rated), horrible support, poor packaging, etc... I'm sure I'm not even touching on most of the issues. I would link to some of the threads but kinda busy at the moment. You should be able to pull up some interesting details on CAG by searching or maybe one of the others can help link you to the appropriate threads.

Digital river is terrible, but you'll eventually get your items or refund. Lol... Kinda good bundle deal, it's too bad they didn't run this on more franchises.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not as big of a deal as it may seem. Don't judge whether you should bite just depending on the person shipping it to you lol. I've gotten 5 or 6 orders this past year from Digital River and only one of them had any problems, which they couldn't have accounted for.

They definitely aren't the best company, but if you're just going to buy a few standard issue games like this it's pretty hard to fuck it up.

They definitely aren't the best company, but if you're just going to buy a few standard issue games like this it's pretty hard to fuck it up.
To be fair they don't seem to have nearly as many issues with that (unless something sells out and they keep on selling it), it's when there's something additional bundled with it or a limited item like a CE that it's a giant cock up waiting to happen. Still, they've screwed enough people over that they don't deserve anyone's money. Only way to maybe persuade these Japanese publishers to stop using them is to stop buying directly from them and communicating that.

I ended up getting Tales of Graces F from Amazon Warehouse deals for $34.70.  A few dollars more but I would much rather deal with Amazon, I heard too many bad things with Namco's store.

Got Amazon to refund me $6 for my Tales of Abyss 3DS purchase because of this. (That and the fact they made me wait 4 weeks to get it.)

I ordered Tales of The Abyss and Tales of Graces f from them over the summer. I didn't have any problems and they arrived in under a week. Maybe may experience was an outlier.

Thanks OP!

I picked up a couple of copies of Tales of the Abyss

yeah, digital river i know....    :( 

If only I hadn't already gotten the Special Edition of Xillia for $20 during BF, I would have thought about doing the three titles of Abyss, Xillia, and Graces f, but alas it was not meant to be. T___T

Currently finishing up Tales of Graces F and it's sort of a mixed bag. On the positive side, it has the best combat out of the entire series. On the other hand, the pacing is slow and Asbel Lhant is probably one of the blandest main characters ever. I feel like silent protagonists have more of a personality than this guy. All in all though, it's a fun game. I enjoyed Xillia more though.

As for Digital River, I've never had an issue ordering from them. Granted, I've never ordered any Collector's Editions, but all of my past experiences have been positive.

bread's done
Back