The New PS Vita slim pre-orders open tomorrow

GBAstar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
62 (100%)
interested if their is a special / limited edition bundle otherwise I could care less.

Some of the improvements are certainly user friendly from an ergonomics stand point but I really like the OLED screen.

I'll be picking up the new slim Vita for sure, even though I already have two OLED versions. Would be nice to get a special edition one, but either way I'm in! Love the OLED screens on my systems, but I'm interested to see the design changes, including the LCD screen, slimmer form factor, better battery life, etc.

It all depends on what you want... if you want better battery life and something easier to carry around, its for you.  Otherwise the OLED is amazing, and battery life is ok.  I am usually not too far away from a power outlet, so I went with the OLED

I might be interested in picking up a second one but the crazy single-user DRM stuff intimidates me. If I already have an original Vita what's it like to get a new one? Do you have to make a one-time permanent transfer? And if so there would be no value at all in keeping the old system.

I might be interested in picking up a second one but the crazy single-user DRM stuff intimidates me. If I already have an original Vita what's it like to get a new one? Do you have to make a one-time permanent transfer? And if so there would be no value at all in keeping the old system.
I think you can register two Vitas per account, no reason to "transfer" games from your OLED Vita. Just buy the second Vita and re-download all your games to it, then you'll be set! Both systems can have your digital purchases up and running at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USB charging is a huge improvement. I can't charge my Vita with my portable battery even with that adapter thing that is sold. It just doesn't work. If this thing will charge with it and without issue that's a huge plus in my book. I would like to see it in person before making the leap, though. Make sure the LCD looks good.

Think I'm going to just go with the OLED version instead. Kind of getting inpatient and I saw Gamestop has the instant game collection bundle again which is small savings.

I think you can register two Vitas per account, no reason to "transfer" games from your OLED Vita. Just buy the second Vita and re-download all your games to it, then you'll be set! Both systems can have your digital purchases up and running at the same time.
Oh, perfect, thank you. I didn't realize that you could do 2 Vitas. I did a bit of research after your post and saw they are even considering increasing it further in Japan because of Vita TV.

Oh, perfect, thank you. I didn't realize that you could do 2 Vitas. I did a bit of research after your post and saw they are even considering increasing it further in Japan because of Vita TV.
You would think when they say 2 Vitas that they meant 2 Vitas, but according to somebody (I'm forgetting who) in the PSN deals thread, you can't actually do this. If you try to install games on a 2nd Vita you have to "deactivate" the first one. Now, I'm still not convinced they are right because it sure says you can install on 2 Vitas, so I don't know. If you do get a 2nd Vita, please let us know if you are able to have games on both at the same time.

Yeah, I certainly would give an update if/when I have a second Vita to test it with. Crunc, I'm not sure about your exact USB charging need but this little thing has been incredibly useful for me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007Y3L5RI/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=wms_ohs_product

Then, all you need is the top part of the cable that goes from the Vita into the big AC power box. You plug that into this little box and then any USB port/charger and it finally works to charge! Basically, this little thing gives you USB charging with the included Sony cable and allows you to ditch the huge wall adapter.

A side benefit is that it does the same for PS4 controllers, which are finicky about which USB chargers they will charge from.

Well, I think I was partially correct about the number of Vitas per account. I think you can have two Vitas activated per PSN account, and download games on both, but can only PLAY one of those systems at a time. This policy preserves trophy settings, but obviously also prevents gamesharing (which was totally abused on PS3 accounts last generation).

I actually have two Vitas, but I also have two different PSN accounts, one for each system. Right now I use one Vita for cart-based games, and the other for digitals. One of my PSN accounts also has extra PSPs registered (they used to allow 5 PSPs per account just like the PS3 limit). If they release the slim Vita here in N.A., I'll get one and register it to my 2nd PSN account (and should have access to those games, just not for simultaneous play on both systems).

Well, after looking closer at the Vita Slims, I see they have that beveled edge around the screen. Why why why why? It's bad enough my 3DS has 'em... friggin' dust traps. 

Guess my love of cleanliness will keep me from buying the Slim, if/when it gets released in NA. 

Now, I'll turn my attention to tracking down a white Vita from the AC bundle a year or two back. Don't want to pay $200 though...

Havent owned a handheld since psp launch. I have been looking at vitas mostly to play my old ff games on. Can I play the same game on my vita and ps3? Same progress ect I mean.

Havent owned a handheld since psp launch. I have been looking at vitas mostly to play my old ff games on. Can I play the same game on my vita and ps3? Same progress ect I mean.
Depends ont he game, some have cross platform saves like the MLB the Show series, not sure about FF though

The USB charging is a huge improvement. I can't charge my Vita with my portable battery even with that adapter thing that is sold. It just doesn't work. If this thing will charge with it and without issue that's a huge plus in my book. I would like to see it in person before making the leap, though. Make sure the LCD looks good.
hmmm....interesting.....my vita charges fine with my portable charger

Well, after looking closer at the Vita Slims, I see they have that beveled edge around the screen. Why why why why? It's bad enough my 3DS has 'em... friggin' dust traps.

Guess my love of cleanliness will keep me from buying the Slim, if/when it gets released in NA.

Now, I'll turn my attention to tracking down a white Vita from the AC bundle a year or two back. Don't want to pay $200 though...
go to play-asia.com

if they don't have it....you're gonna have to fork over some cash for one off ebay

interested if their is a special / limited edition bundle otherwise I could care less.

Some of the improvements are certainly user friendly from an ergonomics stand point but I really like the OLED screen.
Couldn't or could not.

I like the extra battery life. Are their ps4/vita bundles coming soon? I would wait for that
PlayStation 4 and PS Vita bundle now available in the UK, but it's no bargain
BY JON FINGAS @JONFINGAS NOVEMBER 30TH, 2013 AT 3:38AM ET 92

Remember that rumored PlayStation 4 and PS Vita bundle that was due to reach the UK in time for the holidays? It's now official -- if not the discount that some were hoping for. Sony UK head Fergal Gara tells Eurogamer that some stores are carrying the device combo starting today, but it will cost only slightly less than the £500 ($816) you'd pay to get the systems one at a time. Appropriately, a few shops will offer a "soft bundle" that involves regular PS4 and Vita boxes. The kit doesn't make much financial sense, then, but Gara describes this as a philosophical move that highlights the PS4's Remote Play feature. To us, the real problem will be supply; when the PS4 is flying off shelves, there may not be many bundles to sell in the first place.

bread's done
Back