Dragon's Crown (Preowned) Playstation Vita, $25 FS

TwistedShade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hey guys, was browsing Gamestop and noticed they have Dragon's Crown for the PlayStation Vita, for $27.99 using coupon code cag16 takes 16% off putting it around $23 which, including tax makes it $25.

You can also use coupon code SAVER to get free shipping.

They also have Call of Duty Declassified for $18 before 16% which I heard sucks but I think that's around the lowest it has been, and they have Persona 4 Golden for $19 before 16% off.

Additionally you could possibly get these held for in store pick up, and then pick them up in-store use a Bday coupon if there's one going around then stack that with PUR.  (Online won't stack PUR and Cag16)

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/dragons-crown/108817

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/call-of-duty-black-ops-declassified/102773

http://www.gamestop.com/ps-vita/games/persona-4-golden/101981

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked this up earlier actually, after the bday coupon and muster coupon it was only $15. No idea if it's any good but blind bought it.

Looks like a price drop across the board.  I think I'll pick it up.  Been wanting it for a while now.  Thanks OP.

Its a pretty solid game, traded it back in when I realized a lot of it was going to be grinding and it got about $25. I'd still like to play it though and will bite around $10-$15 mark. 

Does anyone know if this version or the PS3 version is better? The only real difference should be the co-op on PS3 with one console right? Unsure on which to get since I don't care about portability and I usually just buy the "better" version or cheaper one if there isn't much of a difference.

Does anyone know if this version or the PS3 version is better? The only real difference should be the co-op on PS3 with one console right? Unsure on which to get since I don't care about portability and I usually just buy the "better" version or cheaper one if there isn't much of a difference.
The Vita version of Dragon's Crown makes use of the touch screen in order to search for hidden loot in the background. You see a sparkling light, you press on it, and the loot appears for your character to pick up. The PS3 version's approach to this is instead to use a mouse-pointer that is mapped to the right analog stick. The whole pointer mechanic is slower than using a touch-based interface: it can require you to stop who you're fighting against, find where the pointer is on the screen, drag it over to whatever catches your eye, click on it, and then resume fighting. This may seem like a trivial difference, but the game makes frequent use of this mechanic.

I'd say go with the Vita version if you want a more natural interface for single player or the PS3 if resolution/framerate/co-op are more important to you.

The Vita version of Dragon's Crown makes use of the touch screen in order to search for hidden loot in the background. You see a sparkling light, you press on it, and the loot appears for your character to pick up. The PS3 version's approach to this is instead to use a mouse-pointer that is mapped to the right analog stick. The whole pointer mechanic is slower than using a touch-based interface: it can require you to stop who you're fighting against, find where the pointer is on the screen, drag it over to whatever catches your eye, click on it, and then resume fighting. This may seem like a trivial difference, but the game makes frequent use of this mechanic.

I'd say go with the Vita version if you want a more natural interface for single player or the PS3 if resolution/framerate/co-op are more important to you.
Cooking parts are pretty easy with the vita touch screen, I haven't played ps3 version but I'd expect mouse pointing is slower.

What thrinn said is a big reason. But do be aware that the vita version has some slowdown issues when there's a lot going on, on screen. Its not game breaking though. Plus the game looks a lot better on a larger screen. It's easier to lose your character on the vita screen when there's a lot going on. I love the vita version but I think i like the ps3 version a little more.

if I buy the vita version and cross play on my ps3, can I use this for couch co-op or would I need both platform games?

bread's done
Back