PS Vita Wi-Fi/3G $132.99 clearance Best Buy YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jle7385

Banned
My local Best Buy has the Wi-Fi/3G Vita for $189.99 on clearance + take an extra 30% off = $132.99 + tax. Best deal I've seen. Of course YMMV but worth checking if your looking for one.

Probably a manager's special because it shows up in his area for the 189.99 price online.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen any managers specials like other people have posted on here. There is signage near the Vitas, they are part of the "Yellow Tag Clearance Event" All items at the store with the yellow tag are an extra 30% off on the display.

I'm definitely on the prowl for a backup with oled before the lcd invasion is announced in the US. sounds like good luck but if someone confirms might try to sneak away from work and grab one.

Hm.  My store's got them on clearance, but I don't think I can justify spending the money even if I got the extra 30% off.  Really would like a Vita, though.

Those surface pros for $500 are a steal
Wow, that is a great price for the pro. I grabbed a 32gb RT from the Black Friday sale because I had always been kinda curious about them. I have to say, I LOVE it; definitely wouldn't mind a Pro for the ability to install full programs, etc. I tried a WP8 phone last year and really liked it, but the lack of certain apps (good map/GPS programs, specific workout apps, etc) led me back to an Android. I have found with a tablet it doesn't matter as much to me, as I don't really have any specific apps that I use regularly and I love the fact that the Surface browser handles Flash sites natively without any rigmarole like there is on Android (gotta have my Amazon Prime videos).

Oh yes, and for something pertinent to this specific topic, I would love to score a Vita for that price. I have seen the $189.99 clearance 3G's at my closest BB, but have heard no mention of any additional discounts.

The most YMMV part of this is if the Vita is on clearance in your store.  There are a ton of Best Buy stores in the metro area where I live, but the closest one with a clearance Vita could only be found with a 100 mile search radius and is actually in Alabama.

The most YMMV part of this is if the Vita is on clearance in your store. There are a ton of Best Buy stores in the metro area where I live, but the closest one with a clearance Vita could only be found with a 100 mile search radius and is actually in Alabama.
interestingly, all of my local bbys have the wifi model on clearance for the same price.

The most YMMV part of this is if the Vita is on clearance in your store. There are a ton of Best Buy stores in the metro area where I live, but the closest one with a clearance Vita could only be found with a 100 mile search radius and is actually in Alabama.
Every Best Buy I've checked so far in my area has them...

So is it a national BB promotion that clearance items are 30% off? I thought that was only for open box? 

Is a coupon required or will the discount automatically ring up?

I don't believe the 30% off everything that's marked is a nationwide thing. They are doing a yellow tag clearance, but I think the discounts are all over the board and not that specific. 

Hmm, the Mario and Luigi 3DS is showing as clearance along with the Luigi's Mansion 3DS bundle. Wonder if you can get he 30 % off of those as well.

I don't believe the 30% off everything that's marked is a nationwide thing. They are doing a yellow tag clearance, but I think the discounts are all over the board and not that specific.
Good point, they just say up to 60%, I guess it could vary wildly on how much of a percentage off there is on it. I already have a Vita and there are not any on clearance even remotely close, so it doesn't matter much for me at this point.

Hmm, the Mario and Luigi 3DS is showing as clearance along with the Luigi's Mansion 3DS bundle. Wonder if you can get he 30 % off of those as well.
Just as he mentioned above, there should be some additional discount. It could be as high as 60% off, but I would be surprised.

are you actually going in store or just looking online?
I went directly to the store, and scanned it at the checkout. Oddly, they had no Vita systems at all out on the floor (not even in a locked cage), the guy had to get one from the back room.

Just came back from City of Industry BB. The wifi was $189.99 ($10 off) as total clearance price.  No bonus off.  

Does best buy even sell systems anymore? I didn't see any PS3s on the floor and I found the vita's hiding over in the Nintendo 3DS case, No go on any of the models, either $190 or $200. Wasn't a total loss though, finally picked up the new Robocop blu-ray with Robocop 2014 movie cash.

I think everyone should read I think the 4th post down from the top that the op posted cause at the end of the sentence he says 30% off the display probably meaning the store display so not a new unopened one which is why no one is finding the same price as the op cause it look like every one In this thread are checking the new ones when I think believe this post is talking about a display model

Does best buy even sell systems anymore? I didn't see any PS3s on the floor and I found the vita's hiding over in the Nintendo 3DS case, No go on any of the models, either $190 or $200. Wasn't a total loss though, finally picked up the new Robocop blu-ray with Robocop 2014 movie cash.
I think they moved them all in the warehouse.

My store now has cards that you then take up to the register and they'll go grab the system, that's how it is for everything except the Wii U which they have a ton sitting in isle, and the Xbox One which they alternate between stacking near the door and in the isle.

Anyone ever figured out how to change the APN on the US 3G Vita I can get it to connect a tmobile with an unlock card but since I can't change the APN its useless

Went to the store in Margate, FL...and as to be expected no one had any clue what I was talking about. They had a manager come over and he had no idea either and told me any added discounts are just open box items.

The store that the OP is talking about has a table just inside the door of the store with a sign that says take an extra 30% Off Clearance items on this Table Only.  They had Mario Tennis for Wii, a Pink 3DS, 1 3G/WIFI Vita Launch Edition (has AT&T $40 sticker in the bottom right hand corner), Kirby for Wii, and a few other things.  It's definitely a YMMV, Manager's Special trying to move through additional clearance merchandise.

I think everyone should read I think the 4th post down from the top that the op posted cause at the end of the sentence he says 30% off the display probably meaning the store display so not a new unopened one which is why no one is finding the same price as the op cause it look like every one In this thread are checking the new ones when I think believe this post is talking about a display model
Not display models. Brand new, unopened WiFi 3G Vitas marked $189.99 and take an extra 30% off at checkout. Everything that is part of the yellow tag clearance event at my store where those items are set up says take an extra 30% off at checkout. Of course ymmv, your store may take off nothing extra or possibly more than 30%. I didn't get one as I already have a Vita but may go pick up a new one and trade in my older one that has scratches, etc.. If i do I'll post a pic of the receipt.

The store that the OP is talking about has a table just inside the door of the store with a sign that says take an extra 30% Off Clearance items on this Table Only. They had Mario Tennis for Wii, a Pink 3DS, 1 3G/WIFI Vita Launch Edition (has AT&T $40 sticker in the bottom right hand corner), Kirby for Wii, and a few other things. It's definitely a YMMV, Manager's Special trying to move through additional clearance merchandise.
Yes, just like this. Lol, sorry for the confusion everyone. I think there was 2 vitas though...I'll lock the thread and others can check out their local best buys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back