The Official CAG February 2014 Pick-Ups Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
20140201_181637-1.jpg

20140201_181725-1.jpg

Aesthetica was from eBay. The seller listed it as the regular version so I only ended up paying $32 for it. Surprised it was the LE. The rest were from GoHastings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up today:

Madden 2000 - N64 - complete in box w/ manual and all inserts - $0.99

Star Wars: Starfighter Limited Edition - Xbox - $1.99

Game Boy Advance Video - Spongebob Squarepants Vol. 1 - $1.99

Good day of hunting.

GoHastings. Yay. 

Not Shown: A 16 gb SD Card Adapter for the PSP. Now I can play me some PSP games after I lost my old memory card months ago. ><

Picked up at Ohio Thrift:

Spyro the Dragon - PS1 - $1.99 (CIB)

Picked up at Half Price Books:

Halo 2 Official Strategy Guide - $4.50

2 copies of Need For Speed Rivals for Xbox 360. $16.99 apiece at Best Buy, they had to do a manager override because they rang up full price. Temp price cut, not sure for how long. 

20140203_214206-1.jpg

20140203_214246-1.jpg

20140203_214314-1.jpg

Kenshin and Oban were from a local used gane shop. Paid $5.50 combined. Please Teacher was from GoHastings. Did not know Bandai was still using those crappy book cases. And it's broken too. The manga was from Barnes & Noble's B2G1 free sale.

Picked up Unreal Tournament 3, Resistance Fall of Man, Resistance 2 and Battlefield Bad Company 2 for $11 total. All complete with manuals.

20140204_224112-1.jpg

Not pictured is my first ever HDTV: a Samsung 5,000 series 32" 1080p non-Smart TV. Won't be able to hook it up until later in the week since I have to cut part of the middle divider off of my shelving unit in order to fit the damn thing.

gallery_226059_8331_19145.jpg

gallery_226059_8331_48505.jpg

I picked up Wii Fit U when it was on sale and the Time Cards I just picked up since they hit the Best Buy Clearance cycle. I got the cards for $10 off their normal price, so I'm happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvEJ2IKoGSE&feature=share&list=UUySabjhw2OHoQ7vssjclcug

hmmm, just noticed that the meter is white/green. looks nice. I now want one to replace my meter which is boring black/silver. damn, knew there must be a downside for getting everything cheap with free digital dl and old balanceboard...

you probably should DL wii u fit anyway, much easier to have it digital and use every day.

Not sure if it was intentional or not, but it was a good thing you didn't show off the CN code during the unboxing, as it may of been ninja'd off of you otherwise (definitely not by me, that would be low).

Just had two pick ups so far for the month of Feb:

X-files for PS1, $3 from Half Price Books (I know the game isn't that great, but as a fan I've always wanted to play it)

Beyond Good and Evil for the Cube, $3.75 from Gamestop.com (disc only) during one of their random restocks (all 3 GC games worked that I ordered, selling the other two).

That was definitely a concern I had while I was recording the video. Especially since the physical version of Wii Fit U ended up being 80 coins after you include the post-play survey and early buyer thing. Although, I nearly forgot about recording the thing (I recorded it when it came out a couple of weeks ago), so it's not a problem and all my coins are mine.

When ever I do record any kind of unboxing that has to do with Nintendo, I make sure to redeem the coins and register the product prior to uploading. 

Latest Pickups
4tueq0.jpg

Time Capsule $100, 3D World $40 (Target), Dead Rising 3 $18 (MS ExpertZone), War for Cybertron $12 (Target), JL: War $16 (Target) & reserved MK8!

20140204_224112-1.jpg

Not pictured is my first ever HDTV: a Samsung 5,000 series 32" 1080p non-Smart TV. Won't be able to hook it up until later in the week since I have to cut part of the middle divider off of my shelving unit in order to fit the damn thing.
Dam you mean this whole time with all the stuff you buy you having been using a old picture tube TV? I would have bought it long ago and less games instead. Kind of late to first get a HDTV in 2014. I got my first in like 2005-2006

Dam you mean this whole time with all the stuff you buy you having been using a old picture tube TV? I would have bought it long ago and less games instead. Kind of late to first get a HDTV in 2014. I got my first in like 2005-2006
Well, my entertainment center only has a hole of 24"x24" to hold a TV, hence why I have to cut the divider to even fit this thing. And I have to clear out the space next to the current TV so I have enough room there. And then I have to climb over a pile of wires to get my old TV out.

Basically, I did not want to go through the hassle of gutting my entertainment center and my SD TV (which is only about 10 years old), still works great. Hell, my 20 year old TV on my bedroom still works great and that one was before A/V cables.

accidentally posted this in the wrong thread.

picked up a vita tv from a usa seller on ebay for $99. Said he didn't have time to use it do to school. Perfect timing for the hack. Now I can play all my psp games like Birth By Sleep on my tv  :D

23V2P8k.jpg

I am out of the states untill mid April so I won´t have many pickups. Specially considering that I am in South America Chile and electronics are way more expensive.

A copy of amazing spider-man on 3DS here is $25,000 pesos which is about $50.00 USD  I just got two copies before I came here for $1.78 each copy.

However while going through the mall I found these for $500.00 pesos which is $0.90 cents USD  They have them in their change machines which is the quarter machines they have here in the states . Where you insert change and twist the knob.

They are officially licensed by Nintendo Tomy Gacha toys. I got blooper, red Shell and fire flower so far. I am going to try to get more. Pretty sure that is cheaper then you can get them in the states.

[attachment=2816:20140206_114710.jpg] Pic of they flyer not the actual toy.

2jdm9at.jpg

I had good week for finding games 

Anarchy Reign - From a LowBall

Ninja Gaiden 3 : BR - From a thrift store

The Bureau - XCOM - Declassified - From Gamefly

Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (Sealed) - From a swapmeet - i got an awesome price for it, it may or may not be in a lowball here...i don't know.

Lots o' crap today:

20140207_211029-1.jpg

20140207_211158-1.jpg

20140207_211256-1.jpg

20140207_211738-1.jpg

Eureka Seven was from eBay. Everything else from SecondSpin.

20140207_211613-1.jpg

20140207_211425-1.jpg

20140207_212012-1.jpg

20140207_211847-1.jpg

20140207_211613-1.jpg

All from FYE using their B2G1 for $1 deal. The stupid stickers were more annoying this time around, especially on the Samurai X box. The clerk has obviously had people like me, as I did each group in a separate transaction.

This is the stuff my girlfriend and I got from an anime convention last month.

Studio Ghibli art books. I think I have them all (already had Kiki's Delivery Service)

Triforce tie for work. Miles Edworth 2 CE (for $50!). And Conductor Link chase figure ($20 ouch)

The Lucca and Robo Chrono Trigger figure has such amazing detail. The Otocon figure on the other hand...not so much. Goku always looks the best when he isn't battling. Nanako and Kanji are also pretty cute. ;P

A bunch of unpainted Tales of Phantasia figures. Terry Bogard D-Arts figure is great. And the Mr Resetti plush.

Got Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword brand new and sealed at Target for $19.99!  It was marked NCF (Not Carried Forward) so these are probably the last that they have.  This game is nearly impossible to find brand new in stores anymore, let alone for $19.99.  And this also included the bonus music CD and original box art (I don't think it ever got the Nintendo Selects box art).  They had 4 left after I got mine.  Nice random find today at Target.

Harrison's Comics (small game/comic store in NH/MA) had a 50% off storewide sale today.  Got a play arts Batman figure, limited edition Darth Vader bobblehead, Nintendo Monopoly, a Nick Fury Funko, and a Game of Thrones pint glass for $77 altogether.  Pretty pleased with that.

This is the stuff my girlfriend and I got from an anime convention last month.

Studio Ghibli art books. I think I have them all (already had Kiki's Delivery Service)

Triforce tie for work. Miles Edworth 2 CE (for $50!). And Conductor Link chase figure ($20 ouch)

The Lucca and Robo Chrono Trigger figure has such amazing detail. The Otocon figure on the other hand...not so much. Goku always looks the best when he isn't battling. Nanako and Kanji are also pretty cute. ;P

A bunch of unpainted Tales of Phantasia figures. Terry Bogard D-Arts figure is great. And the Mr Resetti plush.
I like the tie and the terry bogard figure

DSC01973_zps9353d5f8.jpg

DSC01980_zps780dff8f.jpg

best deal was the ghastly  prince enma got it for $8, i know im not going to llike it but im going to give it a try and if i dont ill probably just trade/sell

This is probably going to be it for me this month gaming wise. Gotta cut back on my spending a tad bit as I am planning on upgrading cars in the next few days. Anyways I got the Bravely Default CE and Knights of the Round for the SNES.

bi5WVda.jpg

This is probably going to be it for me this month gaming wise. Gotta cut back on my spending a tad bit as I am planning on upgrading cars in the next few days. Anyways I got the Bravely Default CE and Knights of the Round for the SNES.

bi5WVda.jpg
nice. what did you pay for KOTR? classic game.

hope your new ride works out good!

My lastest pick ups

1459966_10151947007765924_4652943_n.jpg

Bravery Default CE x2- $40 each from BB bc GCU. Wanted one to open and one for Collecting. aMAZing!!! Add me and PM me.

Scribblenauts Unlimited - $12 AWD

Scribblenauts Unmasked- $10 Target when you pre order a $1 game get $10 off. 

Professor Layton Miracle Mask - $30 Gamestop

Zelda ocarina of Time - $15 with $20 Amazon credit

Mass Effect paragon necklace - $10 Etsy.com

Mass Effect Wallet - $20

Zelda 3DS XL- $190 CAG. How else will I play Bravery Default.

Pop Vinyls - $10 from Amazon each. So excited when the Mass Effect one releases.

In the background- Ear Force XX12 - $40 Amazon. So pissed off that these have to do that damn work around.

1779932_10151947007920924_1442862818_n.jpg

Lightning Returns Collectors Edition- $90 SE Store. LOV the watch. Its nice quality and worth it.

Lightning Returns Steelbook Version - $60 with $5 GC from Pre Order Card

Lightning Returns Collectors Edition Guide - $23 Amazon

and this

So for target LR steelbook, it is the one is Cloud uniform or the one I see with Lighning's face?  Not  up to date, any clarification is appreciated.

Steelbook pics

1798280_10151947778815924_399529485_n.jpg

and back

71690_10151947778890924_653016299_n.jpg

It is nice. Selling the game on CL for $50 as I only wanted the Steelbook. Which is like $5 OOP since I got the $5 GC for pre ordering. Well worth it.

Went to Play It! Games, Movies, and Music, which is a local Columbus-area game store chain.  FANTASTIC staff who works at these stores.  Super friendly and very knowledgeable.  I talked personally with the owner and he wants to partner with my college's gaming club and offer discounts to the members and wants to set up a booth at our annual festival on the first weekend of the semester!  Awesome people there.  If you're ever in the area, look 'em up; they have five stores.

Anyways, there I picked up:

Game Boy Advance SP (red, in near-mint condition) - $24.99

N64 Rumble Pack (original Nintendo) - $4.50

Wall charger for GBA SP (new) - $9.99

Frogger - PS1 (complete with manual) - $1.99

[quote name="MasaTFC" post="11519798" timestamp="1392182242"]nice. what did you pay for KOTR? classic game.

hope your new ride works out good![/quote]

Ended up paying around $40 on eBay. Didn't want to but have been looking to get it so I just took the plunge.

I had an interesting impulse buy today while at a game/comic store I dont usually frequent.

Complete copy of KOTOR II for Xbox: $13

Seems like a good buy since it goes for $25ish on Amazon usually.

I also scored several more figures from Harrison's Comics (see my post a few post sup on this page) to add to the collection.

Stopped at one other game store and they had a nice library of PS1/PS2 games but nothing I could pull the trigger on.   A few Gamecubes for $30 as well.

Finally, stopped at Savers on the way out (since theres one in the area I was in today) and they had NOTHING game-related other than a few old PS2 sports games they were asking $9.99 for.

Gamecube mic was $0.25, PS2/PS3 power cable was $0.50, CARRRRRL was $15, and the NES adapters were $20 including shipping from Ebay. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back