BB: Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition $26.99 ($21.59 GCU) PS3

I know the game isn't all that, but at this price I am actually considering it...the goodies (especially that statue) seem like enough to satisfy me if I hate the game as much as others did.

Thanks for posting this deal! I've been waiting for the Collector's Edition to drop under $30. I used my $5 BB Rewards Certificate, so the total was $23.36 shipped!!!...

Thanks for posting this deal! I've been waiting for the Collector's Edition to drop under $30. I used my $5 BB Rewards Certificate, so the total was $23.36 shipped!!!...
I believe Amazon actually had it for $9.99 at one point. May have been a lightning deal though...

Still a solid price, considering my friend paid $99.99 for the copy he gifted me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They had it for $14.99 every damn day in December until they unloaded their inventory. It took them like 5 relistings to lose all their inventory of it, which should go to show you how mediocre the game is.

Not sure if the CE ever hit $9.99

If I didn't already have the game sitting waaay deep deep deep in my backlog, I'd totally buy this. I right on the edge, but I can't seem to pull the trigger. Can anyone convince me one way or the other? I really like the statue.

I believe Amazon actually had it for $9.99 at one point. May have been a lightning deal though...

Still a solid price, considering my friend paid $99.99 for the copy he gifted me.
I think it was $19.99 during that lightning deal.

When they annouced this game i was going to buy it day one but the reviews made me not, Im so broke but i might get it. The statue looks awesome.

Is the statue decent sized?
look small. amazon customer image has one

51nAKs9ialL.jpg

It was actually more like 4 different lighting deal during Black Friday week and each time they barely hit 25% claimed during the few hours it was up each time
That's true but im not sure they were ever less than $19.99 or I would of snagged one. Reading about one cag saying they were clearing em out for $14.99 makes me wish I got in on that deal.

It was actually more like 4 different lighting deal during Black Friday week and each time they barely hit 25% claimed during the few hours it was up each time
By the third time, I stupidly thought they might drop it to $14.99 if they have a lot of excess inventory. After that, I just gave up. I totally forgot about that. Now that I think about it, $21 is a little too much for me. Honestly, if it was $15 though, I'd buy it. Wow, I'm such a cheapassgamer. :p

If you don't have the game already though, $21 or $26.99 is an alright deal IMHO.

I can't say I have bought many CEs with statues, I honestly expected it to be bigger but I suppose the size is still decent. I'd post a picture of it with something to reference it to, but unfortunately it's in my house up North.

My only complaint would be the paint job, it seemed a bit sloppy in some parts.

I can't say I have bought many CEs with statues, I honestly expected it to be bigger but I suppose the size is still decent. I'd post a picture of it with something to reference it to, but unfortunately it's in my house up North.

My only complaint would be the paint job, it seemed a bit sloppy in some parts.
No worries. Wasabi took care of the image.

It was definitely $19.99 every time it was on lightning deal at Amazon. If it had dropped to $9.99 I would have bit. I really want the CE contents as I'm a huge Alien franchise fan, but Fry's had it for ~$17.99 a while ago and I was unable to acquire one as both stores in town were already sold out. The lowest price I see becomes the new max bar I'm willing to pay on any item so $19.99 wasn't going to happen.

The statue is about 7x5" and is very detailed.

I picked this up during Amazon's Black Friday Lightning deals for $19.99. I already had the standard edition of the game (it sucks), but I really wanted the statue since I am such a big fan of the series. Unfortunately I ended up giving my extra copy away to a friend since its worthless, I doubt he will ever play it.

op are you "moms hot dad" or "mom shot dad"
Either way nice deal. Too bad I already have the game. Im such an aliens fan that I would have bit even if everybody says it was horrible. Of course I liked part three and everybody says that was horible too.

Either way nice deal. Too bad I already have the game. Im such an aliens fan that I would have bit even if everybody says it was horrible. Of course I liked part three and everybody says that was horible too.
You mean the third movie?

It's just an average FPS. If you go into it expecting it to be horrible you're going to be disappointed.

I know I was.

this is a good price for aliens fans, since the statue can be consider a collectible of sorts.

I honestly had a lot of fun playing the coop campaign with my friends... Especially the part with the boiler aliens! Could the game have been better? Sure it could have, but with the amount of fun we had screwing around in the campaign I can't exactly say that it is the worst game I've ever played like so many other people think it is. Perhaps it also has to do with the fact that I am a pretty big Aliens fan and usually get a good kick out of playing any of those games...

It's the third biggest statue on my desk at about an inch shorter than Milla Maxwell. It's naturally not the kind of statue you would pay $100 for or anything but it's detailed and feels solid.

My worst local co-op campaign experience:

3. A:CM

2. Epic Mickey 2

1. Haze

I don't think the game is worth your time especially if you have a backlog of better games. The statue isn't display quality, it could even ruin your display cabinet which has so many better statues... Unless you are a big fan of the franchise.

bread's done
Back