Pikmin 3 $14.99 Clearance @ Best Buy (YMMV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went in to price match Lego Marvel and found a copy of Pikmin 3 with a red clearence sticker in the Wii U section. There is a clearance bin that states that anygame with a red sticker is 75% off. This was at the Yorbalinada CA bb. YMMV.

1656226_10201334217254001_975417845_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you post up a picture of your receipt?

I wanna see if I can't have them price match tomorrow before I head into work

This threads a bust, they probably reused a case that had a red dot on it. Thanks for posting an incredible deal that only pertained to you!

Unless my sister overlooked something she said all the copies of Pikmin 3 no stickers and that there were plenty of copies.

This threads a bust, they probably reused a case that had a red dot on it. Thanks for posting an incredible deal that only pertained to you!

Unless my sister overlooked something she said all the copies of Pikmin 3 no stickers and that there were plenty of copies.
Did she price check at all? They did not adjust the price, it was a simple scan and pay?

edit: or maybe she did it so quick I did not notice.

Sad, this is a very good game and it tanked commercially due to the state of the Wii U. Had it been a launch title it probably would be nearing 1 million by now, if not passed it. The delay really hurt it and all Wii U software sales. I think its sitting at like 300k globally

Sad, this is a very good game and it tanked commercially due to the state of the Wii U. Had it been a launch title it probably would be nearing 1 million by now, if not passed it. The delay really hurt it and all Wii U software sales. I think its sitting at like 300k globally
300k? That's a real shame. This is a definite buy at $40, maybe even $50. It's a very polished quality game, the best in the series. It should have been nearing that 2 million mark with Mario 3D world.

This thread is bullshit. It was clearly a mistake which the op took advantage off.
As per the "YMMV" included in the title. No doubt a pricing mistake, but this site as I do recall is cheapassgamer? Am I right? Most of us are the kind of folks that do sort through some clearance bins and search sales online for good deal on our games.

Incase you didn't know that's how money is made. Buy low, sell high, that is the foundation of our entire economy. Its what companies do every single day.

I don't understand why cag's get mad when someone buys a bunch of something cheap and sell it to make money. I don't get mad about it ever despite the fact I lost out lots of time because its what someone does. Its called making a buck. Just some people get all butthurt because they didn't get to do it.

By your definition you should hate big lots for buying bulk cheap and re-selling it. Hell you should be cursing goodwill every breath of everyday because they take donations and sell them, including games. But somehow you don't care when a business does it, but when an individual does it they are suddenly the devil.

:roll:

By your definition you should hate big lots for buying bulk cheap and re-selling it. Hell you should be cursing goodwill every breath of everyday because they take donations and sell them, including games. But somehow you don't care when a business does it, but when an individual does it they are suddenly the devil.
First of all, I have to say that I am shocked nobody has told you to "go back to slickdeals" yet.

People get mad at people who buy up all the sale items because there are a limited number of items. If one person buys them all for the sole purpose of reselling, they are denying other CAGs the opportunity to get one and bragging about how you bought them all is just rubbing it in. Big Lots, Goodwill, or any other business is not even close to the same thing, especially Goodwill, which is a nonprofit organization. Terrible analogies.

Nice reminds me when I picked up Castlevania Lords of Shadhow LE for $20. I pretty much price match Frys ad (regular edition $20) and took my chance with the Limited Edition at Bestbuy.

First of all, I have to say that I am shocked nobody has told you to "go back to slickdeals" yet.

People get mad at people who buy up all the sale items because there are a limited number of items. If one person buys them all for the sole purpose of reselling, they are denying other CAGs the opportunity to get one and bragging about how you bought them all is just rubbing it in. Big Lots, Goodwill, or any other business is not even close to the same thing, especially Goodwill, which is a nonprofit organization. Terrible analogies.
Eh, Goodwill isnt such a clean organization.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/21/goodwill-workers-disabilities-low-wage_n_3478013.html

This was most likely a one-time YMMV situation and as such doesn't need to go on. I'll leave the post here on the off-chance it really was marked down to that price. But I'm thinking 99% chance it was just adjusted to the 75% off by the cashier and a one-time thing because of the sticker in the wrong place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back