Best Buy: The LEGO Movie Videogame (PS4, Xbox One) $54.99/$43.99 Unlocked or $49.96 Amazon

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
:ps4: The LEGO Movie Videogame $54.99/$43.99 Unlocked or $49.96 Amazon
:xb1: The LEGO Movie Videogame $54.99/$43.99 Unlocked or $49.96 Amazon

zlKS7Br.png

P.S. To get the PJ Emmit Figure you have to select "In-store pickup".

Movie Cash valid 2/7/14 to 3/31/14. Movie Cash and Lego Figure available while supplies last. PJ Emmit Lego Figure available in stores only. While supplies last.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure (though the site doesn't show it) that if you buy at BB you also get a pajamas Emmit minifig and some moviecash.

I'm pretty sure (though the site doesn't show it) that if you buy at BB you also get a pajamas Emmit minifig and some moviecash.
You're right, it is in the weekly ad. Thanks for the reminder.

P.S. To get the PJ Emmit Figure you have to select "In-store pickup".

Movie Cash valid 2/7/14 to 3/31/14. Movie Cash and Lego Figure available while supplies last. PJ Emmit Lego Figure available in stores only. While supplies last.

I'm not seeing the emmit deal even with in store pickup.  Does it add a separate item or something?  I'm afraid of missing out if I don't go get it in person...

I'm not seeing the emmit deal even with in store pickup. Does it add a separate item or something? I'm afraid of missing out if I don't go get it in person...
You will have to go ask and get it in person when you pick up the game.

What is the MSRP? If both Target and Amazon have it for $50, why is BB charging $55?

What is the MSRP? If both Target and Amazon have it for $50, why is it BB charging $55?
I think the MSRP is $59.99 for X1, PS4. MSRP for the other platforms are $49.99. GameStop is charging $59.99 for X1,PS4. Target is charging $49.99 for X1 only. Walmart is charging $49.96 for X1, PS4. I'm assuming Amazon is just price matching Walmart's price.

Which console is this better for(I already have the Wii U and PS4, gonna get the XBOX ONE once all the bugs are fixed)
The reviews are sorely lacking. I've been unable to find even 1 WiiU review, nobody mentions multiplayer, I'm not sure that it actually exists, and even the campaign reviews are all on the same beginning levels that are shown in the trailer. I'm not sure I've ever really seen a good pre-release review for a LEGO game though, TT must not include that in their budget.

^ What reviews. I can't even find one single review on the this world wide web. Haven't even touch Lego Marvel and those damn kids only play minecraft & LOL. Might have to skip this one.

Like another person on the thread, I cannot find ANY mention of a Emmett minifigure in the ad or on the specific page. Where does anyone see this?

I wonder if this price will hold until Friday, I doubt it, probably trying to drum up some last minute orders. If you factor in the movie cash (and you're probably going to see the film over the weekend with your kids if you're thinking about getting this game) then its like you're only spending $36 on the game, which is never bad for release day pricing, especially for next gen..

I wan't the Emmett figure. Also going to TRU b/t 12-2 to build his car for free. But if this game doesn't have multiplayer (which could be likely b/c look at Lego Undercover) then that will really be crappy and not sure why I bought it in the first place..my kid hasn't even finished Lego Marvel either b/c of the damn Minecrafts!

edit: Info about MP from the product page on BB: Bring friends and family into the LEGO-building action thanks to easy drop-in/drop-out co-op, split-screen gameplay

It is odd that I haven't seen a single gameplay video except the overdone trailer.
I would hold off on this one.

^ What reviews. I can't even find one single review on the this world wide web. Haven't even touch Lego Marvel and those damn kids only play minecraft & LOL. Might have to skip this one.
Reviews was the wrong word, yeah, absolutely zero. I suppose I meant previews, only a few and they're all basically the same edited trailer. First round of buyers will only have TTs good past to rely on, but I really liked Marvel and have high hopes for this game. The few reviews of the movie itself are very positive and i'm sure the humor will come through well in the game.

I watched this video earlier today. Looks like the typical LEGO games we've grown accustomed to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv3jUNGmxG0

Just picked this up. Movie cash is sealed in the box. BB told me they never received the minifigure. I was told they'd call me if it came in, but you know how that goes...

WTF, this isn't in-stores for the Wii U Version?? I called two stores and they said they didn't have figures either! WTFingF!!

Pretty crappy, I was gonna by a PS3 version for a co-worker and the Wii U for my kids (they didn't want PS4 for some reason) but no figure = NO DEAL

Aw man, say it isn't so.  

That stinks, Walmart also has a minifigure, but on their website it seems only X360 and PS3 are the eligible copies with it.  If my best buy doesn't have it, guess I'll take a trip there and see what I can find.

IDK LP, I called two more stores, one said they had 5 figures and had been going steady (but its the flagship store in Houston) and one 2 miles down the road didn't.

Could be that the clerks have no idea what the heck it is. Even worse that we don't have a SKU (yet) and its not on their website even at a bogus price when they do this with other releases.

Good luck to all, I actually cannot wait to play this game and see the movie tomorrow!

Same here, can't wait to play it with my son, and to check out the movie this weekend.  Also, don't forget to go to Toys R Us tomorrow at noon, for the LEGO Movie building event, kids get to build Emmett's car and keep it for free, they'll also have raffles for prizes.

Ok sku at bby for figure is 3792018 titled Lego GWP, value of $5. the store I was at had about 8. The guy would only let me get one figure even if I was buying two copies of the game.

Well next gen copies are ringing up $60, not working with GCU, waiting on a manager to force override.

Ok sku at bby for figure is 3792018 titled Lego GWP, value of $5. the store I was at had about 8. The guy would only let me get one figure even if I was buying two copies of the game.

Well next gen copies are ringing up $60, not working with GCU, waiting on a manager to force override.
Were were they located, up at the registers in front?

Ugh to the next gen copies not working with anything!! Guess I'll go in and make a scene ! Jk I'll probably ask if I can get prices changed to after GCU or I'll just order online for store pickup

Wow, ok, i'm back at my desk. Freaking a full hour lunch break and $4 Mickey D's lunch b/c my debit card was frozen until i deposit my paycheck..anyway.

So at the first store, which had the central desk had the games and the figure packs locked up in the metal cage. I can't blame the guy for giving me one b/c I'm sure that is stated. He knew nothing about receiving the WiiU version except he notice this morning that no other store got it.

I drive to the second store which is the smaller, what I call, 'circular' store, with the games on the left side. Of course it was barren of employees, I noticed the game cage at the front and took it straight to the lanes. This chick looked higher than me, had to be 20 something, was just all around puzzled. Like, Yes, I was asking for a video game b/c it came out today. I mention the bit about the figure as well, and she radios the back. They confirm figures and a PS4 copy (4 of them, no count on the figures) 

Then the GCU debacle. Yeah, the game rang up at $60, if she overrode it down to $54.99 like BB.com, and then put in MyBB it defaulted saying the $47.99 was the better deal. Obligatory "Oh you can only do one or the other". I quickly had to manage the rage and said, I think I need a manager. While waiting, I pulled up the app, put it in my cart, showed her right there its $43.99 and I can click that button and you can walk the game over to the CS counter. She was starting to catch on. Her wheels spinning, she said she could just put in $43.99 and omit the MyBB account w/ GCU. Well needing to spend the $3500k and only at $400, I need everything I can get. So I just waited.

The manager then played stupid, going thru all the same motions. She gave me shit about the I could only get it for $43.99 without the figure and I said that is simply not the case. So in the end, she somehow got the figure to stay at $5, then took a $21 discount off the $59.99 price of the game. So the $38.99 + 5 still made it the GCU price.

UGGHHH

Yeah, this isn't exactly giving me high hopes for hassle-free GCU shopping for the next two years... ugh.

Posted this on the weekly sales thread, but I was able to buy the Xbox One version and figure for $44+tax ($5 off sale discount + $11 GCU discount + $5 mini-fig packaging down to $0) without any issue or overrides. Did this just before 1pm est.

I got the figure as well, they only had 4-5 it seemed, and I got there right as they opened.  They didn't scan the figure, they just handed it to me.

bread's done
Back