[PC] The Indie Gala Thread

Just an FYI, the bundle gives 3 copies of Interstellar Marines. Spearhead edition gives an extra copy in your inventory and the non-bta key is an extra as well. 

I activated the spearhead edition key and now I have an extra copy in my inventory and I still have the non-bta key unused as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an FYI, the bundle gives 3 copies of Interstellar Marines. Spearhead edition gives an extra copy in your inventory and the non-bta key is an extra as well.

I activated the spearhead edition key and now I have an extra copy in my inventory and I still have the non-bta key unused as well.
Yep, I foresee a lot of Interstellar Marines keys turning up in the trade threads for $0.25-$1.00 and on steamgifts.com.

Thanks for reminding me. Added that info to the OP.

Can't believe there is an early access game here.  Probably not a great idea on the devs part.  I'm interested in Interstellar Marines, Beast Boxing, and Sang-Froid though, so this is a great bundle in my opinion.

Wow, am I happy right now!  =P~

I wanted Interstellar Marines for myself and buddies....and now I have it!

Beat the Average nets three copies of the game: [1] Spearhead Edition, [2] regular edition for buying Spearhead Edition, [3] regular edition included in the bundle for paying over $1.00.

three Interstellar Marines keys for just $6.00 !!

Thanks, OP.

Wow, am I happy right now! =P~

I wanted Interstellar Marines for myself and buddies....and now I have it!

Beat the Average nets three copies of the game: [1] Spearhead Edition, [2] regular edition for buying Spearhead Edition, [3] regular edition included in the bundle for paying over $1.00.

three Interstellar Marines keys for just $6.00 !!

Thanks, OP.
BTA is $4 for the 1st 12 hours so you overpaid.

Can't. tell. if. I. want. They did drop deadly premonition on us last bundle. It looks like a gamble. Ty for the post fox

Can't. tell. if. I. want. They did drop deadly premonition on us last bundle. It looks like a gamble. Ty for the post fox
Yeah, I'm going to see what the mystery games are before I commit. I already have BBT and Sang-Froid so the only other thing I'm mildly interested in is Interstellar Marines. If the mystery games don't wow me, I'll probably find an IM key on the trade thread for three ha'pennies and a bit of string.

Tried out Cubicity.  Think I like it less than Rush Bros.

Nice BTA though, Shooter is the only Pixeljunk game I enjoyed.  Bought Sang-Froid last year, watched the intro and then idled it for cards. Pretty good intro though.  I suck at reviews.

Thanks for new thread, Fox!

Worseley said:
Lot of people upset who paid $15-25 for this game just recently to get it off the ground.
akmgmer said:
Can't believe there is an early access game here. Probably not a great idea on the devs part.
Interesting [customspoiler=apology]
First of all we want to say we’re sorry.

We took part in the Indiegala bundle with one objective in mind: to do something to support charity.

As crazy as this might seem, we simply did not realize we would upset so many of you by dropping the price of both versions of Interstellar Marines. We should have realized this would happen, but we’re only human and it just did not cross our minds.

We screwed up, and we’re sorry.

It is important to understand we pretty much get nothing out of this bundle, which is fine with us as making money was not our intention.

On the plus side everyone who has purchased the Indiegala bundle has helped charity, so in a small way we hope we've positively contributed to good causes.

We value each and every person who supports us, both through purchasing Interstellar Marines and just simply through word of mouth and moral support. We’re sorry to have let you all down.

We hope that you will accept this apology, and that you continue to stay with us and support us through thick and thin. We need your support on this journey and Interstellar Marines will not be the game we want it to be without your support.

/ The entire Interstellar Marines team.
[/customspoiler] from the Insterstellar Marines Dev on the forums

They should have offered some consolation prize... like free DLC for steam-buyers... to help appease the mob.
How? That was the perk of the spearhead version. Full access to all future DLC's, perks and upgrades.

Most people on the forums seem just as upset that they included the version used to persuade early adopters instead of just keeping it to the base game. Most users paid $40 for Spearhead (getting 2 copies total) vs $4 bundle (getting 3 copies). Not to mention any Happy Hour discounts.

Apparently, the IM devs just asked IndieGala to remove the Spearhead edition from the bundle, but were denied:

Indiegala have said that's against their policy, which I guess is understandable from their point of view.

Apparently, the IM devs just asked IndieGala to remove the Spearhead edition from the bundle, but were denied:
Uhm, yeah.. I'm glad they were denied. Stupid to agree to have the Spearhead edition in the bundle then ask IG to remove it. This was the dev's screwup, not IG's.

site says, "System maintenance The sale will resume in a few minutes." for me right now. anyone else getting this?

edit - nevermind, back up...

Its insane and I think its crazy that so many people don't understand why initial buyers are upset.
Because it's the internet and no matter what your opinion is someone will argue with you over it.

That and some people seem to love an excuse to throw the word entitled around.

But really Greenlight is about getting attention and promotion for your game so you want to give it away cheap to get votes, reviews, buzz etc. Early Access for the most part should be about alpha funding so in that case you're already on Steam and don't need promotion but rather funding to finish or continue working on/refining the game etc.

I'm not really sure what they were thinking and I'd be curious to know who approached who. The whole charity argument isn't really cutting it either considering so little by default is going to a true charity.

I'm glad I got my stuff redeemed already before they cave and pull the whole bundle saying 'they ran out of keys'

Uhm, yeah.. I'm glad they were denied. Stupid to agree to have the Spearhead edition in the bundle then ask IG to remove it. This was the dev's screwup, not IG's.
This!

I hope devs know about happy hours. That's like $2 for 3 copies so $0.7 a copy.

Copy/Pasting from the Official Fox HH Thread, because star:

I just beat Beast Boxing Turbo on Hard last night. I never beat any game on hard. What does that say? 

It's easy?

Well, yeah, sorta, but I was really trying to say that it's a lot of fun. If you liked the old Nintendo Punch Out games, you'll enjoy BBT.

So is there any danger that Interstellar Marines will be pulled since the dev screwed up?

They basically just lost a ton of profit because of this bundle... hope this doesn't make them go bankrupt.

It's almost as though it never occurred to them that people who bought in at full price might be a little cheesed off about having paid $35 more for that exclusive content. Also, I'm assuming the devs all signed some kind of contract prior to the bundle going live, as I believe this is how it works in most cases, so I don't think they have any kind of legal footing to stand on for that. What is IG going to do with a bunch of Spearhead keys they can't sell?

I imagine if the finished product turns out to be that year's Quake III or Doom II or Team Fortress 2, no one will really remember or care. If not, gamers tend to hold grudges (e.g., tebow's anger at EA).

How? That was the perk of the spearhead version. Full access to all future DLC's, perks and upgrades.
Doesn't matter... angry mobs are well known for subtle rational arguments. You've gotta give them something.

Besides there's a difference between GOTY/Gold/Platiunum/Complete/Complete-and-we-mean-it/Complete-with-new-extras.

Appropriate that Fox should own the IG thread, because HH.

That said, the controversy on this bundle might mean it doesn't get to HH... Meaning, should we all buy now at $4?

Appropriate that Fox should own the IG thread, because HH.

That said, the controversy on this bundle might mean it doesn't get to HH... Meaning, should we all buy now at $4?
I hopped on it for $4. When I pick up Fox bundles it's usually because there's only one (At best) game in the bundle I particularly want. I'm fairly interested in both Interstellar Marines and Sang Froid, and the $4 price sounds fine for those two. If I had to go for the $6 price I would've been tempted to wait.

All that said, still haven't gotten the keys yet. And they keep "Going into maintenance", so hopefully I get the fancy edition of Interstellar Marines.

I hopped on it for $4. When I pick up Fox bundles it's usually because there's only one (At best) game in the bundle I particularly want. I'm fairly interested in both Interstellar Marines and Sang Froid, and the $4 price sounds fine for those two. If I had to go for the $6 price I would've been tempted to wait.

All that said, still haven't gotten the keys yet. And they keep "Going into maintenance", so hopefully I get the fancy edition of Interstellar Marines.
Tried to buy in for $4 but they've got the "under maintenance" screen up again.

There must be a sh*tstorm going on.

I decided to jump in at $3.99 just to be safe. Got my interstellar marines key redeemed just in case there's any funny business.
Still no buy box.

I wouldn't really be unhappy if they swapped out Interstellar Marines for something else. I'm primarily after Sang-Froid, Beast Boxing and PJS anyway. But then I'd just wait for HH c/o Fox.

bread's done
Back