Nintendo Wii U 8GB White [Refurbished] $199.99 or 32GB Black [Refurbished] $229.99 @ GameStop

I think this whole SAMs craze has made buying used for this price seem un-appealing to most cags. Sadly almost no one but a handful actually got to use the SAMs deal, but now it is stuck in their heads that wii u new 32 gig is worth < 200$.

Why would you use camel to try and counter his point when Amazon doesn't sell Wii U's and there are hundreds of other retailers, whose prices isn't tracked by camel that do?

Buy via eBay has had the M&amp;L bundle for $250 and $260 at least 4-5 times before christmas and once since.

There have also been clearances on the Wii U that were well below these refurbed prices.

Cowboom had the black Wii U on sale for $150. May take some work to find one that includes all accessories but a deal is a deal. What would be a better deal for me is if newegg sold a pro bundle for $199 since the cowboom Wii u ended up at $168 and didn't even include the Nintendo Land game but the bundles only include a downloadable version of the game which can't be resold.

Why would you use camel to try and counter his point when Amazon doesn't sell Wii U's and there are hundreds of other retailers, whose prices isn't tracked by camel that do?

Buy via eBay has had the M&amp;L bundle for $250 and $260 at least 4-5 times before christmas and once since.

There have also been clearances on the Wii U that were well below these refurbed prices.
Several issues:

-credit card info is out at at smaller retailers having no incetive to protect data/ gets compromised (like monocable.com and geeks.com)

-ebay retailers is a good alternate but only there since PP is better secured.

- you have valid points no doubt, not smahing your game here. by nature its the goto

I think this whole SAMs craze has made buying used for this price seem un-appealing to most cags. Sadly almost no one but a handful actually got to use the SAMs deal, but now it is stuck in their heads that wii u new 32 gig is worth &lt; 200$.
Well, to be fair, it is. I don't know if Nintendo would profit releasing at that price; it'd be close either way I guess. But the system really is a glorified PS3 married to an ipad with a stripped down, bare bones and hardly functional online network. $200 is the fair price, and as somebody who bought at launch, I honestly feel pretty ripped off at $350 (though not as bad as those $600 PS3s lol)

Last edited:
Waiting for $100 for black or white used. Shouldn't be too long now. With only a handful of Nintendo published games worth playing and pretty much no 3rd party support, paying anything more is just not worth it imo. Even if there are 3rd party support, I'd rather play them on my other last gen consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, to be fair, it is. I don't know if Nintendo would profit releasing at that price; it'd be close either way I guess. But the system really is a glorified PS3 married to an ipad with a stripped down, bare bones and hardly functional online network. $200 is the fair price, and as somebody who bought at launch, I honestly feel pretty ripped off at $350 (though not as bad as those $600 PS3s lol)
At least that $600 PS3 had more modern technology for its time (e.g. blu-ray drive)

Waiting for $100 for black or white used. Shouldn't be too long now. With only a handful of Nintendo published games worth playing and pretty much no 3rd party support, paying anything more is just not worth it imo. Even if there are 3rd party support, I'd rather play them on my other last gen consoles.
I'm waiting for $199.99 (or less) brand new deluxe edition with or without some games.

With the sales I've seen in the past three months , it's a reasonable expectation.

It's like every 2 or 3 weeks some retailer has a big discount on Wii U's.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back