Avengers: Age of Ultron - Paul Bettany Confirmed to play The Vision

CarnivalMadness

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I like Paul Bettany as an actor, and have no problem with the casting.  This also basically reinforces the rumors that Tony Stark will have a big hand in creating Vision (differing greatly from the comics), since Bettany also voices his AI, JARVIS.  What are everybody's thoughts?

Sources:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/290511-paul-bettany-to-play-the-vision-in-avengers-age-of-ultron#/slide/1

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2553450/Superhero-Paul-Bettany-signs-Marvel-party-British-actor-star-The-Vision-new-Avengers-movie-Age-Ultron.html

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/paul-bettany-to-play-the-vision-in-marvels-avengers-age-of-ultron-1201090635/

Last edited by a moderator:
So what role will hank play then?
Joss Whedon said over the summer Pym won't be in Avengers 2 (Ant-Man is set for Phase 3, after Age of Ultron), so it seems Pym won't be the creator of Ultron. I'm not sure how it will all play out.

Joss Whedon said over the summer Pym won't be in Avengers 2 (Ant-Man is set for Phase 3, after Age of Ultron), so it seems Pym won't be the creator of Ultron. I'm not sure how it will all play out.
My money is on Tony Stark having a role in Ultron's creation.

Tony Stark will create Ultron, it's been said a few times so far. I'm starting to worry this film is getting cluttered with heroes. No matter how they do it a movie with too many characters like these always end up underserving them since there are so many and the film can't highlight all of them.

Yea, I agree Whedon is up to the task.  JARVIS has been a significant part of the Iron Man films, so Bettany playing the Vision will just be like giving a face and body to the voice.  He's part of the core group of Avengers, so I'm not worried about "too many heroes".  If they added more minor team members just for cameo purposes or some cliche plot device, then we would have a problem. 

I mean really, if Marvel wanted to highlight a worthy character deserving of more screen time, they would have given them their own individual movie by now.  Some characters just aren't popular enough to hold their own or make a sizable profit in an individual film (Black Widow and Hawkeye come to mind), but are popular enough to co-star in a team-up.  Business-wise, it is too risky an investment just to appease a few fans, if it breaks even or bombs. That's just how it is.

I mean really, if Marvel wanted to highlight a worthy character deserving of more screen time, they would have given them their own individual movie by now. Some characters just aren't popular enough to hold their own or make a sizable profit in an individual film (Black Widow and Hawkeye come to mind), but are popular enough to co-star in a team-up. Business-wise, it is too risky an investment just to appease a few fans, if it breaks even or bombs. That's just how it is.
Fox seems to have gone all in on this wolverine train. Its too bad marvel doesn't own spider man :( I would want him in every movie

We didn't see hulkbuster armor explode at the end of IM3 so me thinks it goes sentient calls its self the vision and then bangs scarlet witch

My money is on Tony Stark having a role in Ultron's creation.

Tony Stark will create Ultron, it's been said a few times so far. I'm starting to worry this film is getting cluttered with heroes. No matter how they do it a movie with too many characters like these always end up underserving them since there are so many and the film can't highlight all of them.
I'm not too keen on that idea. Stark is too egotistical to create something other than for himself. It wouldn't fit his character.

But good choice on the actor. I always liked him. Marvel keeps nailing it on the casting.

bread's done
Back