[CURRENTLY WORKING] Free month of XBL Gold for FRESH US accounts only

UnnyBolt

CAGiversary!
Works ONLY for US Silver Membership (Free) XBL accounts, which have never had Gold before (fresh accounts).

Prerequisites:
- A credit card or a Paypal account attached to that fresh US XBL account. 
- A computer.

Method:
Access the subscriptions page, while logged into that fresh US XBL account, on xbox.com (link below) and select the 1 Month Free Gold Trial option (0.00$) and purchase.

Tips:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW INFO:

You only need a single payment method to apply 1 month trials of Gold onto as many fresh accounts as you want. To do this, you must use Paypal with an attached credit card as the used payment method for this.

Use this Paypal normally to apply 1 month trials of Gold onto as many accounts as it will work (usually about 5 until the Xbox system denies your Paypal account on additional accounts; as in, you will try to add it, but after accepting on the Paypal page and apparently working, when you check the payment options on that account, your Paypal account simply won't be there).

After that, you must go to your Paypal account's settings and there you will see the e-mail address you use to log in to your Paypal account (marked as primary as well). Over there, add an additional e-mail address, confirm it by clicking the link sent in an email from Paypal to that new email address, make it your primary e-mail address and delete the previous one (that is, the initial one). From now on, you will use this new e-mail address to log in to your Paypal account.

By doing this, you will then be able to use this same Paypal account (but now it is identified by a different e-mail address) on more fresh XBL accounts, because you changed its e-mail address and the Xbox system identifies it as a brand new unused before payment method and you can use this to apply 1 month trials of Gold on another 5 or so accounts.

This is repeatable as many times as you need, therefore allowing you, like said before, to apply 1 month trials of Gold onto as many fresh XBL accounts as you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always remember to disable automatic renewal (link below) and to remove the payment option from the fresh account after you've applied the free 1 month trial of Gold as following:

• if you are not planning to migrate the region of the account, you first disable automatic renewal and then you remove the payment option;
  • if you plan to migrate the region of that account, do so at this point and then remove the payment option from the account. Auto-renewal is cancelled by itself upon migrating account region.
- This can be useful if :

• you simply want to play a game online and you don't care what account you use for that or you want to use other Gold members only features, like XBL parties, Video Kinect, etc.;
  • you want to take advantage of deals for Gold members (Games with Gold, discounts, etc.) from the US region and then play those games with your main account (or not);
  • you want to download the different Games with Gold game(s) from other region(s) than US, except Korea (not always applicable; check the Games with Gold page on Wikipedia to find out if some regions have other games on offer than usual - link below) or take advantage of discounts from other regions than US, except Korea and then play them with your main account (or not); as in, you apply Gold to a fresh US account, then you immediately migrate its region (link below) to one which has a different Games with Gold game on offer or has a discount on a game that you want (usually have to use Xbox credits tied to that region for purchase or if you're lucky enough for it to be accepted, because of the difference in regions, your credit card or Paypal), you download that profile to your Xbox console and then download the game from there (sometimes those games can be physical region locked - can use VPN as a workaround - or console region locked - can't do anything about it).

Link to subscriptions page: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions/

Link to cancel automatic renewal: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/Subscriptions/Manage

Link to migrate your account's region: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/AccountMigration

Link to the Games with Gold Wikipedia page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Games_with_Gold_games

P.S. This should be ignored, but I will just say this for safety: before you start saying this and that about the "dubious" nature of some of those tips, I can assure you that they do not cause any negative side effects to neither your console nor your main account nor the accounts that you create; I've shared these tips that I've been practising for over two years in order to show people how they can make the most out of this offer, that has been around for a really long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
you only get the 1 month trial (new accounts) the first 3 times (x console), 3 years ago there was no need to do anything extra, just create your account, currently, if you want to use these months, you need to enter payment method

This is worse than the old one. Now only people selling 1 month accounts will be all over ebay and other sites. I used this link just so I could keep using the xbox apps, as I don't have cable. 

Oh yeah, thanks OP

I would argue that deleting this thread would be useful to you by the way so that this doesn't get passed around like the old one.

Manning has a good point here, in addition to being an excellent quarterback for the Seahawks' defense. Was hoping I could renew my alt without any hassles so I could reenact that terrible Super Bowl online with my friends. This thread should be retired, just like Peyton himself. ;)

Well this seems to me that it will stick there for quite a while, as the free month selection is present right on the main subscriptions page, so it must've been deliberately put by them there. Also, while the previous method allowed for a monthly renewal of free gold on the same account, this one only allows 1 free month on new accounts, so you'd have to change your account each month if you wanted to play on Live and didn't want to pay for it, which isn't the best thing most could argue.

Reviving this thread, because the much better method of getting one month of XBL gold for any Silver account is, sadly, no longer working ( https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334924-currently-dead-free-month-of-xbox-live-gold-tutorial-for-any-silver-account-valid-and-functional-payment-method-and-xbox-360-console-needed/ ) and this one is the only current method to get one month of Gold, although only for newly created accounts in the US region. I've updated the original post with a lot more useful information about what to do with these fresh Gold accounts that you create which can benefit your main account.

I've created a fresh US account, linked it to my UK PayPal on my 360 and the payment option refuses to show up no matter what on Xbox.com, making it impossible to "buy" the trial.

Looks like it's not gonna work for UK, if anyone else gets anything different let me know.

I've created a fresh US account, linked it to my UK PayPal on my 360 and the payment option refuses to show up no matter what on Xbox.com, making it impossible to "buy" the trial.

Looks like it's not gonna work for UK, if anyone else gets anything different let me know.
Even changed my default location to US, when trying to pay with PayPal I get:

Use a different way to pay
Your purchase can't be completed with this payment option. Try a different or new way to pay."

Even changed my default location to US, when trying to pay with PayPal I get:

Use a different way to pay
Your purchase can't be completed with this payment option. Try a different or new way to pay."
If the payment option isn't working, there is a slight chance that either Microsoft's security system or your bank is denying the transaction because of the discordance between your account's region and billing address on the fresh account and your real region and billing address registered at your bank. However, in most cases, it's just the case of that particular payment method just not being eligible for such a transaction. I say this because I live in Romania and I have no issues using a payment method created in my country to perform this process.

I'll give this a light bump, because I feel this thread really got lost. With double the amount of Games with Gold this month, I'm sure many people who don't have Gold at the moment on their main account and can't afford or just don't want to pay right now, could benefit from this method.

Yeah I thought new accounts get free gold trial. But thanks for the old methods though. I tinkered around trying to do other things but I get errors. I'll try again later though, not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Do not call it a trick/glitch.

Do not make a Youtube video telling you discovered something Microsoft wasn't aware of.

This promotion was well written here:.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/trial-gold-membership

ages ago.
Nobody in the entire thread ever said it was a glitch or trick, nor said Microsoft wasn't aware of it. Simply that we didn't want everybody abusing it, so we could longer. Thanks for telling us some semi-useful information though.

Anyone know if this still works?
Obviously this is still working...

Do not call it a trick/glitch.

Do not make a Youtube video telling you discovered something Microsoft wasn't aware of.

This promotion was well written here:.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/xbox-live-membership/trial-gold-membership

ages ago.
Yes, it is not a trick or a glitch, however, using the information I have provided above, this simple procedure can be used for "tricky" purposes, like getting the Games with Gold games and playing them with your main account, which does not have Gold and more; read the Tips section in the OP.

ALSO, as an important addition to the OP, I have now included a way to use one single payment method to apply 1 month of Gold to as many fresh XBL accounts as you want (if you didn't know, regularly, a payment method cannot be added to more than 5 different XBL accounts because of Microsoft's security system). Read the NEW INFO section in the OP. Hope you all enjoy!

Obviously this is still working...

Yes, it is not a trick or a glitch, however, using the information I have provided above, this simple procedure can be used for "tricky" purposes, like getting the Games with Gold games and playing them with your main account, which does not have Gold and more; read the Tips section in the OP.

ALSO, as an important addition to the OP, I have now included a way to use one single payment method to apply 1 month of Gold to as many fresh XBL accounts as you want (if you didn't know, regularly, a payment method cannot be added to more than 5 different XBL accounts because of Microsoft's security system). Read the NEW INFO section in the OP. Hope you all enjoy!
Hello,

Either you post the official link, or let other members post it, OK ??
Don't get mad if you see additional information on same thread.

If you have surfed other sites and YouTube, you should know why I said so...
Damn so many of those called it " tricks/ glitches" posts, even on non-English sites.
And, I was just wanna remind people here not do it, because I found the official page.

Official xbox link has very detailed steps and related links, lets spread the words and let others know.
Don't get it wrong, I am not complaining you at all. :)

You did a great job, you just forgot to give credits at "Ops section"

Hello,

Either you post the official link, or let other members post it, OK ??
Don't get mad if you see additional information on same thread.

If you have surfed other sites and YouTube, you should know why I said so...
Damn so many of those called it " tricks/ glitches" posts, even on non-English sites.
And, I was just wanna remind people here not do it, because I found the official page.

Official xbox link has very detailed steps and related links, lets spread the words and let others know.
Don't get it wrong, I am not complaining you at all. :)

You did a great job, you just forgot to give credits at "Ops section"
There's been no anger in my comment, and I definitely don't want to claim this as my own invention... The official page is helpful, but it does not explain how to take advantage fully out of this. For example, many people have only one payment option that they can use, only 1 credit card, let's say, after using that card on 5 accounts, it then no longer works on any additional accounts. I presented in my OP a way to use that single payment method on as many accounts as one wants. I think that's quite a big deal.

bread's done
Back