GamersGate Thread: (Moved to the Steam+ Deals Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)

Closing this thread. Future deals will be posted in the Steam+ Deals Thread.

New thread here.
________________________________________________________________________________

*List of games on sale sorted by discount.
All Steam Origin Uplay DRM Free

[There are currently no known available vouchers, credits, promos, codes, etc. that can be manually applied to purchases.]

Note: Be sure to check DRM prior to purchase. It will typically be listed to the right of the description, just above the System Requirements. There are several instances where games may vary in DRM type even within the same bundle. You have been warned.

GamersGate on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Last edited by a moderator:
neuro u do ur job now u take over the rest of the sale include but not limited to bundlestars indiegamestand pasports spank simulator

There have been complaints about community banter vs deals only postings in several threads of the Deals Forum.  I figured might as well start a new wiki thread to keep the OP updated with current deals, so we're free to bitch and frolic in the thread's body.  That being said, let's try to keep the OP free of unnecessary comments...

There have been complaints about community banter vs deals only postings in several threads of the Deals Forum. I figured might as well start a new wiki thread to keep the OP updated with current deals, so we're free to bitch and frolic in the thread's body. That being said, let's try to keep the OP free of unnecessary comments...
http://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/432072050589437954

Edit... NVM embedding tweets seems to be broken.

I don't know what's worse.. that MUD is $10 at 75% off or that it's "Other DRM". I guess I can understand why it doesn't come with a Steam key, it's published by Namco on Steam, and Plug In Digital on GG.

It's not horrible, but I preferred MX vs ATV Reflex (even if the graphics were worse). I can't see any reason to buy it unless you can get it for a couple dollars.
or bundle amazon bundle good times amazon namco racing bundle or something that how i got it i want ridge racer so brought bundle wiht my amazon gc

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone seems to be making fun of GamersGate, and I have no idea why? I mean I've only bought 1 game 2 games from them ever (they had both of the Civ5 expansions for $7.50 each a week or so ago and I bought them. It was literally the DAY before they put them on the Humble Store, but it was still $15 to get Brave New World there, so I didn't pay any more than that either), but I didn't have any issues.

Did GamersGate have a major muck-up or something? Or did they start doing bad business and I just don't know about it? Why all the hate for GamersGate?

Sorry for the off-topic question, I know it doesn't have anything to do with a deal or pricing, I'm just curious.

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone seems to be making fun of GamersGate, and I have no idea why? I mean I've only bought 1 game from them ever, but I didn't have any issues.

Did GamersGate have a major muck-up or something? Or did they start doing bad business and I just don't know about it? Why all the hate for GamersGate?

Sorry for the off-topic question, I know it doesn't have anything to do with a deal or pricing, I'm just curious.
GG had some crazy price mistakes in the past. Their prices (aside from price mistakes) are lacking compared to most of the competition. That's why people make fun of them.

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone seems to be making fun of GamersGate, and I have no idea why? I mean I've only bought 1 game from them ever, but I didn't have any issues.

They were pretty much known for constant website glitches and price errors. Also there was a time they partnered up with IGN Prime to offer IGN Prime members 20% off on almost all purchases at the store. Then they decided to take that benefit away and people were not happy. So we make fun of them and at the same time lament the demise of our 20% off discount.

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone seems to be making fun of GamersGate, and I have no idea why? I mean I've only bought 1 game 2 games from them ever (they had both of the Civ5 expansions for $7.50 each a week or so ago and I bought them. It was literally the DAY before they put them on the Humble Store, but it was still $15 to get Brave New World there, so I didn't pay any more than that either), but I didn't have any issues.

Their sales aren't all bad, but they just tend to follow suit instead of get any crazy deals themselves.

The mocking comes from:

1. They used to offer a permanent 15% off discount if you were ever an IGN Prime member, but they messed it up. You could do a IGN Prime trial (back then they had trials) get your 15% discount and then quit and you'd still have 15% off forever. But then they changed the definition of forever and decided to abruptly end the discount with very little warning, causing quite a few people to get upset.

2. They are known for price glitches. Something about their website is ripe for crazy price glitches. The first huge one happened about a year ago when they had the complete Bethesda collection for something like $30 bucks and it included every game, like the pretty new Dishonored and Skyrim. A ton of people got in it. The website crashed. They tried to back fill orders since they ran out of keys. Then they started cancelling orders and offering those with canceled orders a 20% off discount for a year. But it took them about a month to sort through it all and they could have handled it a lot better.

3. Then about a month later they had a crazy glitch where they were selling 4 packs of Borderlands 2 for like $4-$15 bucks which was insane at the time.

They've gotten better about the price glitches, though they still have an occasional one and they still have some pretty sweet sales. I know both Outlast and Typing of the Dead have been the cheapest ever (so far) on their site. They also have a buy 3 get the 4th game free sale sometimes. I have like...100 games from them and never had any issue with the site or their customer service (though it is a little slow, but not Steam slow) and I own a ton of games I have to DL directly from them.

GG had some crazy price mistakes in the past. Their prices (aside from price mistakes) are lacking compared to most of the competition. That's why people make fun of them.

They were pretty much known for constant website glitches and price errors. Also there was a time they partnered up with IGN Prime to offer IGN Prime members 20% off on almost all purchases at the store. Then they decided to take that benefit away and people were not happy. So we make fun of them and at the same time lament the demise of our 20% off discount.
I see, thanks for the info guys. I just built this new Gaming PC a couple weeks ago so I haven't had a whole lot of experience with 3rd party Steam key sellers until now. I've always bought straight from Steam in the past. Thanks for the heads up, I'll be cautious in the future if I ever see something on GamersGate that I might be interested in.

Their sales aren't all bad, but they just tend to follow suit instead of get any crazy deals themselves.

The mocking comes from:

<truncated for the sake of page length>
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Very informative, appreciate it. I've been browsing their site and their prices seem to be OK from what I can see, and I did buy both of the Civ 5 expansions from them for a pretty sweet price, so I don't personally have anything against them.

Thanks for all the info!

Wow. Thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Very informative, appreciate it. I've been browsing their site and their prices seem to be OK from what I can see, and I did buy both of the Civ 5 expansions from them for a pretty sweet price, so I don't personally have anything against them.

Thanks for all the info!
Yeah, you should be safe shopping with them. I've bought a ton of Steam keys from them for other CAGs and never had an issue and they've never (that I know of) screwed anyone out of anything. If they can't fulfill and order they always refund. They are a legit site, they are just based in Europe so they are not as well known here but all their keys (from the .com site) are either North American version or region free.

Yeah, you should be safe shopping with them. I've bought a ton of Steam keys from them for other CAGs and never had an issue and they've never (that I know of) screwed anyone out of anything. If they can't fulfill and order they always refund. They are a legit site, they are just based in Europe so they are not as well known here but all their keys (from the .com site) are either North American version or region free.
dont forgeet 2014 best gltich was f1 classic edition for 8.32 then dead island riptide what was the price. then front misson evolved and chivlry weree thee next in line that it right

Does anybody know if their Megadrive/Genesis Collection packs are Steam enabled or DRM-free only? I'd like to buy 'em all if the former is true... :)

Does anybody know if their Megadrive/Genesis Collection packs are Steam enabled or DRM-free only? I'd like to buy 'em all if the former is true... :)
They are listed as DRM Free so no. I own the DRM free version from Amazon so I know they exist and GG is usually good about listing Steam on the page if the product activates on Steam.

I feel like the time may finally be right for me to acquire Toilet Tycoon. :whistle2:k
If it makes you feel any better, it was cheaper from Amazon (and a short lived best seller) last year at $1.99

For the record, I'm not sure how that would make you feel any better. It's just something I threw in there for the hell of it.

For the record, I'm not sure how that would make you feel any better. It's just something I threw in there for the hell of it.
It makes me feel as though I were the person for whom the admonition "s*?@ or get off the pot" was invented.

Sad and constipated.

They are listed as DRM Free so no. I own the DRM free version from Amazon so I know they exist and GG is usually good about listing Steam on the page if the product activates on Steam.
Thanks, I'll go back waiting for another huge discount for all packages like the one Amazon sported more than a year ago, then... :cry:

Excuse my ignorance, but everyone seems to be making fun of GamersGate, and I have no idea why? I mean I've only bought 1 game 2 games from them ever (they had both of the Civ5 expansions for $7.50 each a week or so ago and I bought them. It was literally the DAY before they put them on the Humble Store, but it was still $15 to get Brave New World there, so I didn't pay any more than that either), but I didn't have any issues.

everyone's just pissed because they weren't invited to Gamersgate's annual drunken Christmas orgies.

It makes me feel as though I were the person for whom the admonition "s*?@ or get off the pot" was invented.

Sad and constipated.
here you go

bowtrol_ibs_constipation_diarrhea_cure_colon_health.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back