Borderlands 2 Vita Bundle Pre-order $199.99 Amazon

atc250es

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HLT0YT0/ref=tsm_1_tw_s_vg_n0ur5d

• All-in-one Borderlands 2 Limited Edition PlayStation Vita Bundle includes the new PS Vita Wi-Fi system, Borderlands 2 Full Game Digital Voucher, and 8GB Memory Card
  • Six (6) Borderlands 2 DLC packs including, Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, the Psycho Character Class, Mechromancer Character Class, Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 1, and Collector's Edition Pack
  • Play with your friends with up to four (4) person cooperative multiplayer
  • Release date 3-18

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Okay thanks.

I wonder how much of the 8GB the Borderlands 2 + DLC Voucher will eat up. I have to imagine that it is one of the larger Vita games

I'm going to guess pretty damn close to 4gb or above it if they're offering an 8gb card in the bundle. All the previous bundles have come with 4gb cards. 

This is just a standard LCD Vita right? Nothing special or limited about it?
The PS button is different is what gave it away for me. Its a circle on the new one and oval on old.

^ Okay thanks.

I wonder how much of the 8GB the Borderlands 2 + DLC Voucher will eat up. I have to imagine that it is one of the larger Vita games
Yeah again Sony drops the ball on memory cards. Borderlands + DLC has to be 3 GB atleast.

So retail is a deal now?

Cool.
And there is always the "MSRP a deal?" post. Its so old now that if it was a problem then im sure Cheapy or mods would have done something. Maybe they should? Could you justify a Pre-order subforum?

Have you seen the thousands of posts about Bravely Default collector's edition at MSRP? Or any other collector's edition that comes out? This is MSRP for the bundle but you're saving $$ by buying the bundle.

I think special/collector items deserve a thread for when the pre-orders come up. More than anything, CAG provides me with information. And Id rather have too much than none. Bravely CE was MSRP, but try and get the CE now for MSRP. By comparison the MSRP would be a deal and would needed to be preordered. But that goes against "retail isnt a deal" that gets posted.

^ Okay thanks.

Maybe it will be smaller since its lower res. The 720p console version is like 5.8GBs I think so the lower res could bring that down to 4GB or less perhaps

$199.99.

If purchased separately:

8GB card = $29.99
Borderlands 2 = $39.99 (not official, but checking Amazon most games cost that)
DLC = Maybe $10 or $20?

So that would leave the PS Vita Slim at somewhere around $110-$120. Kinda wish that Borderlands 2 was disc based instead of digital, but it's fine. Was thinking about the OLED version, but it's like $80 more taking what I just said into consideration, and that's about two more games, or even a bigger card (a 32 GB card goes for $99.99).

All the prices are MSRP.

Pre-ordering, by the way.

$199.99.

If purchased separately:

8GB card = $29.99
Borderlands 2 = $39.99 (not official, but checking Amazon most games cost that)
DLC = Maybe $10 or $20?

So that would leave the PS Vita Slim at somewhere around $110-$120. Kinda wish that Borderlands 2 was disc based instead of digital, but it's fine. Was thinking about the OLED version, but it's like $80 more taking what I just said into consideration, and that's about two more games, or even a bigger card (a 32 GB card goes for $99.99).

All the prices are MSRP.

Pre-ordering, by the way.
You're aiming awfully high for the game and DLC. Same with the memory card. These things go on sale all the time. This way too much for a bundle that comes with a port of game that was released in 2012.

You're aiming awfully high for the game and DLC. Same with the memory card. These things go on sale all the time. This way too much for a bundle that comes with a port of game that was released in 2012.
His mathematical model simply assumes the buyer is going buy the game at launch (MSRP) anyways. Nothing wrong with that. You can assume the Vita was full price at you get the games for a heavy discount, that assumes the buyer is in the market for a Vita and have less interest in the game. Or you can assume the Vita is and game are close to MSRP and you get the DLC for free.

Either way the total is $200 plus applicable tax.

His mathematical model simply assumes the buyer is going buy the game at launch (MSRP) anyways. Nothing wrong with that. You can assume the Vita was full price at you get the games for a heavy discount, that assumes the buyer is in the market for a Vita and have less interest in the game. Or you can assume the Vita is and game are close to MSRP and you get the DLC for free.

Either way the total is $200 plus applicable tax.
Based on sales I don't think anyone is interested in a Vita. Especially at $200.

Based on sales I don't think anyone is interested in a Vita. Especially at $200.
There are consoles out now that have had worse sales months....

and bundling it with the number one selling console in the world, as is being done in certain regions, is only going to boost sales.

and bundling it with the number one selling console in the world, as is being done in certain regions, is only going to boost sales.
In the US it gets outsold by the WiiU on a monthly basis.

I think they should really bundle Minecraft on Vita whenever it comes out. Game takes up like 90MB in full HD, let alone how much smaller it would be on Vita. They could just put a digital copy on the system's 1GB storage though I'm sure how that would work with how the system forces you to use memory card once you insert one. Still, $150-$170 PS Vita slim with just Minecraft pre-installed on the 1GB memory sounds like a good deal and it could sell to all the parents who have kids hogging their phones/tablets to play Minecraft Pocket.

Yeah, I'm just adding up MSRP estimated values, not taking into consideration sales or anything like that. Even with sales, the Slim unit would probably end up at $150. Again, it's pure speculation.

Personally I'm mainly going for Remote Play, which, if it works, will rock with all the upcoming games. And then there are some nice RPGs out there too...

Actually no. The Vita is the worst selling product in the US. It managed like 90k during December while Wii U even shot up to 480k.

Heck, the Vita doesn't even beat out the Wii or DS. Notice, I didn't say Nintendo 3DS but DS.

And globally it doesn't so what is your point?

In fact globally the Wii U has sold less total units.
What? The Wii U has sold 5.6 million units and actually improved in sales over Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec in regions other than Japan. The Vita is on life support in the west. I don't mean to put the platform down as I plan to buy one just for a few exclusives and remote play when this slim model ships but you've got to face facts. The Vita is selling much slower than the Wii U everywhere except Japan where even then its close due to how much better Nintendo hardware sells during the holidays, making up the gap that the Vita creates during non-holiday months.

I'm pretty sure by the end of 2014 the Wii U will either be tied or have passed the Vita with Smash, Hyrule and Kart. I'm not saying it will sell that much more but I gather Nintendo can manage to move 2-3 million units this year at the absolute worst while Sony would be lucky to break 500k all year in the United States on the Vita.

What? The Wii U has sold 5.6 million units and actually improved in sales over Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec in regions other than Japan. The Vita is on life support in the west. I don't mean to put the platform down as I plan to buy one just for a few exclusives and remote play when this slim model ships but you've got to face facts. The Vita is selling much slower than the Wii U everywhere except Japan where even then its close due to how much better Nintendo hardware sells during the holidays, making up the gap that the Vita creates during non-holiday months.

I'm pretty sure by the end of 2014 the Wii U will either be tied or have passed the Vita with Smash, Hyrule and Kart. I'm not saying it will sell that much more but I gather Nintendo can manage to move 2-3 million units this year at the absolute worst while Sony would be lucky to break 500k all year in the United States on the Vita.
and the vita has sold 7+ million. If it is on life support then Nintendo should pull the plug.

Edit: Why would you say that Nintendo can move 2-3 million (I assume you mean globally because no chance in hell they do that in the U.S.) but then only look at domestic Vita sales?

And? This isn't NeoGAF. Nobody cares about the Sony Defense Force here.

$200 for this bundle is bad.
First you said the vita gets outsold by the wii u in the US. Then he says it's the opposite outside of the US. Then you get butthurt calling him Sony Defense Force. Now that's funny.

I don't see how this isn't a decent deal. The wifi OLED version is still on clearance for $189 at best buy. The new bundle comes with a great game, longer battery life and an 8gb memory card which is already a good starter kit.

Not even by much, which is pathetic on Nintendo's part. Vita at least is staying afloat despite Nintendo's 3DS tidal wave.
I think you missed the memo where the Wii U typically sells 2-5 times as much as Vita every month in the US. For example, Wii U sold 480k in Dec while Vita couldn't even crack 100k. Most non-holiday months the Wii U hovers between 50k-100k while the Vita hovers around 10k-20k. I mean heck, look at how no one in the US even cared about Killzone Mercenary or the Vita's $50 price drop as it barely hit 30k after the price cut, yet Wii U sales tripled to 100k when Nintendo cut its price by $50 with Wind Waker HD bundle in September. At least that show some signs, however weak, of a potential recovery.

I think you missed the memo where the Wii U typically sells 2-5 times as much as Vita every month in the US. For example, Wii U sold 480k in Dec while Vita couldn't even crack 100k. Most non-holiday months the Wii U hovers between 50k-100k while the Vita hovers around 10k-20k. I mean heck, look at how no one in the US even cared about Killzone Mercenary or the Vita's $50 price drop as it barely hit 30k after the price cut, yet Wii U sales tripled to 100k when Nintendo cut its price by $50 with Wind Waker HD bundle in September. At least that show some signs, however weak, of a potential recovery.
Then genius why does the Vita have a 2 million sales lead if no one buys it?

You can't spell doom and gloom for the Vita, yet defend the piss poor Wii U sales. The only reason they sold well in December was aggressive sales, holiday season, and M&L bundle.

and the vita has sold 7+ million. If it is on life support then Nintendo should pull the plug.

Edit: Why would you say that Nintendo can move 2-3 million (I assume you mean globally because no chance in hell they do that in the U.S.) but then only look at domestic Vita sales?
Because I'm emphasizing how Vita is really weak in the US and Europe while somewhat strong in Japan. The Wii U is doing okay (much better than Vita in US) and doing almost on par with in Japan while being non-existent in Europe. Basically, Wii U is doing so-so in two out of three regions while Vita is doing terribad in two out of three regions.

Also, you're not disclosing the fact that the Vita has 9 months of more shelf life on the Wii U when you dangle that "7 million is a bigger number than 5.6 million" like it means something.

Wait... Why are you guys even comparing a hand held to a console? Might as well talk about total downloads of flappy bird vs downloads of dlc for mass effect 3.

Then genius why does the Vita have a 2 million sales lead if no one buys it?

You can't spell doom and gloom for the Vita, yet defend the piss poor Wii U sales. The only reason they sold well in December was aggressive sales, holiday season, and M&L bundle.
I think you missed the part where I said I'm buying this Vita bundle. Can't a person be critical of something and still like it and admire it on the web? I'm super critical of Nintendo's handling of the Wii U too.

BTW, Vita doesn't have a "2 million unit" lead if it's sold 7 million and Wii U sold 5.6m. That's roughly 1.4 million, not two.

Also, I never said no one buys it explicitly but its impossible to deny that the market for the Vita collapsed worse in every non-Japan region moreso than it has for the U so far. You ask me to defend "Piss poor" Wii U sales (and ignore where I said the Wind Waker HD boost was nice but ultimately still weak so good on you for selective reading) but you're defending dramatically worse Vita sales. I mean, how can you not see that if one product has X amount of units sold lead but sells 15k per months while another sells 50k-100k, how the second product won't catch up eventually?

Both devices have been poorly handled and poorly marketed by Sony and Nintendo. Difference is, Nintendo at least looks like they want to change things even if it may not work out for them whereas Sony just treats Vita like a red-headed step child for whatever reason.

Also, you're not disclosing the fact that the Vita has 9 months of more shelf life on the Wii U when you dangle that "7 million is a bigger number than 5.6 million" like it means something.

Okay I get it now. So the PS3 destroyed the 360 last generation because the 360 had a year head start and the PS3 still sold more units and will only extend the gap as it will thrive in places like South America while the 360 becomes obsolete.

Similar to how the Vita will only continue to put up more numbers as it is guaranteed to have a longer lifespan then the Wii U as it will have a function as long as the PS4 is in existence.

Both devices have been poorly handled and poorly marketed by Sony and Nintendo. Difference is, Nintendo at least looks like they want to change things even if it may not work out for them whereas Sony just treats Vita like a red-headed step child for whatever reason.

Right but you're ignoring the fact that Sony can ignore the Vita for now, and as long as they pair it with the PS4 it will have a longer life to sell more units. No chance it becomes obsolete before the Wii U. No chance at all.

First you said the vita gets outsold by the wii u in the US. Then he says it's the opposite outside of the US. Then you get butthurt calling him Sony Defense Force. Now that's funny.

I don't see how this isn't a decent deal. The wifi OLED version is still on clearance for $189 at best buy. The new bundle comes with a great game, longer battery life and an 8gb memory card which is already a good starter kit.
Yea this is a pretty good deal, at least I think so. As long as BL2 runs well that is.

Okay I get it now. So the PS3 destroyed the 360 last generation because the 360 had a year head start and the PS3 still sold more units and will only extend the gap as it will thrive in places like South America while the 360 becomes obsolete.

Similar to how the Vita will only continue to put up more numbers as it is guaranteed to have a longer lifespan then the Wii U as it will have a function as long as the PS4 is in existence.
Okay, you clearly have a lot invested into this type of debate personally I can see that now. Sorry to poke at you, just wanted a friendly discussion/debate but you look like you're taking this a bit too seriously for me.

Also, I have no idea what your PS3/360 reference is about and how it pertains to what we were discussing. Yes, I agree that the Vita will probably have a longer shelf life as an accessory to the PS4 then the Wii U will have as a home console since the next Nintendo console will likely ship in 2017 and the PS5 won't replace the PS4 until 2018-2019 at the earliest and even then Sony will probably support it close to 2021-2023 so yes, Vita as an accessory will have tremendous shelf life. Though whether it even breaks 20 million units by then remains to be seen (To be fair since you seem to think everything I say that is critical of the Vita is like fanboy flaming or something, I'm not sure the Wii U will even crack 20 million units by the time its replaced either.)

This or the Walking Dead Bundle? Given that the pros and cons of each type of Vita bundle evens out.
Walking Dead bundle comes with a fantastic game that we know runs well, has the OLED screens which is better.

This bundle has LCD which has less chance of image burn-in, uses MicroUSB chargers which are far more common, has a few hours more on the battery and is easy to hold in your hands.

Right but you're ignoring the fact that Sony can ignore the Vita for now, and as long as they pair it with the PS4 it will have a longer life to sell more units. No chance it becomes obsolete before the Wii U. No chance at all.
Yes but how successful can it be if all those PS4 owners are only buying 10k-30k per month (US/EU) of Vita units to pair with their home console?

And again, I think its silly to say the Vita won't become obsolete before the Wii U because obviously the Wii U is a home console that is meant to be replaced at some point in the next 3-4 years whereas the PS4 just came out and Sony typically lets their home console last alone on the market for 6 years, i.e. 2019 for PS5. Of course Vita will outlast U because U will be replaced by its successor in 2016/2017. No matter how bad sales get for either platform I doubt either gets discontinued early

I really hope that the retail version of BL2 for the vita has all the GOTY content by itself. I don't have any plans of ditching my OLED fat vita for this model, but I am really looking forward to some on-the-go borderlands action and the game +  extras might be enough to sway me towards getting this bundle and reselling the vita or giving it to a buddy so I actually have someone to ad hoc with..  :cry:

What a great thread. So glad this "deal" was posted so two jerkoffs could argue over vita and wii u sales...

Also this is a bad deal. A good deal was the vita bundle that was still around when price dropped to 200 hundred that had a year of plus, unit 13, and a 4gb card. 

I was thinking of getting the oled vita out now but it seem most stores don't even carry much of a vita game area and the ones that do have very little

I was thinking of getting the oled vita out now but it seem most stores don't even carry much of a vita game area and the ones that do have very little
Dont let that deter you. Lots of vita games can be found for cheap, amazon is a good place to get them. Plus you got 2 or more a month on ps+ along with uncharted, wipeout, and gravity rush

This is an awesome bundle for the PS Vita! I got mine last summer when they announce the price cut and don't regret buying it at all. I play the Vita daily and with PS + every month you get two new games. :D

bread's done
Back