Final Fantasy Lightning Returns 13-3 + Collector's Guide at Best Buy for $100 w/free $25 GC or less - as low as $73 w/GCU

PatelKing

CAGiversary!
Best buy in their ad has FFXIII-3 for $60 (MSRP) and the limited edition guide for $40 (MSRP) and are giving a free $25 gift card if you purchase both together.

I went to the register with both items.  I gave the cashier the guide first and asked for a PM to Amazon for $24.68.  After that, I gave him the game and my RZ (I have GCU); game came up for $47.99.  Total was $72.67 + tax and I got a free $24.68 GC instead of $25 for some reason but still good for me.  Way I see it, it is basically like getting the guide for free.

Best buy in their ad has FFXIII-3 for $60 (MSRP) and the limited edition guide for $40 (MSRP) and are giving a free $25 gift card if you purchase both together.

I went to the register with both items. I gave the cashier the guide first and asked for a PM to Amazon for $24.68. After that, I gave him the game and my RZ (I have GCU); game came up for $47.99. Total was $72.67 + tax and I got a free $24.68 GC instead of $25 for some reason but still good for me. Way I see it, it is basically like getting the guide for free.
thanks, but how do you end up with $24.68 instead of $25 in gift card. the cashier must of messed up and scan the pricematch price of the guide into the gift card.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks, but how do you end up with $24.68 instead of $25 in gift card. the cashier must of messed up and scan the pricematch price of the guide into the gift card.
The computer actually automatically adjusted it down but for $.32 I didn't care lol

The weird gift card amount happens when you pricematch parts of the gift card promo, it like, prorates it or something. Happened to me a few months ago when bestbuy was doing their buy 2, get $50 gc with $20 pm'd far cry 3's. Wound up getting a $42.xx gift card instead of $50 since I didn't pay full price for the promo items. I assume that's what happened here too.

Thanks for posting this, it got me to check amazon for the guide and I'm eligible for another prime free trial. Bonus.

Because it's a package promo the computer won't allow you to earn a GC larger in value then the items your buying. So since the guide is price matched down to $24.68 and it is the cheapest item, then the GC is adjusted down to $24.68

At least that's how I assume it works

Because it's a package promo the computer won't allow you to earn a GC larger in value then the items your buying. So since the guide is price matched down to $24.68 and it is the cheapest item, then the GC is adjusted down to $24.68

At least that's how I assume it works
thanks for the heads up

Is there a link to the add? I made my orders online and want to try to get this matched if possible. Thanks

I went to the register with both items. I gave the cashier the guide first and asked for a PM to Amazon for $24.68. After that, I gave him the game and my RZ (I have GCU); game came up for $47.99. Total was $72.67 + tax and I got a free $24.68 GC instead of $25 for some reason but still good for me. Way I see it, it is basically like getting the guide for free.
So if I buy them both together, and use my 50% off guide coupon that came w/ my GCU renewal, what value gift card do you suppose I'd end up with? o_O

So if I buy them both together, and use my 50% off guide coupon that came w/ my GCU renewal, what value gift card do you suppose I'd end up with? o_O
Probably $20?? I would keep the coupon for something else if it was me.

Actually since I had a $100 GC, my net cost was actually $48 + tax b/c the free GC was essentially a wash since I paid with a GC.

I'm GCU and I can confirm that the 50% off game guide coupon from re-upping does not stack. I was unsuccessful in getting a manager override.

Yesterday, 2/12, I price-matched Amazon's guide price of $24. The total was $72 before tax and you get a $25 gift card, as the op stated.

But check this out:

This morning 2/13 I received an email from Best Buy with the Cloud Strife pre-order dlc code!

(I didn't pre-order and I didn't order online. Just walked in yeterday.)

In total, I got the Best Buy pre-order Cloud Strife dlc, the dlc from the CE Guide, and two more dlc costumes from completing the demo and sending in your score. What a fantastic deal! With so many of us Gamer Club unlocked, I'm surprised this isn't the hottest deal on CAG!

I already ended up grabbing the CE guide for $18.xx when BB.com had 50% off guides or somesuch a few weeks back.  I'll probably wait for the eventual price drop as both 1 and 2 got to $10-15 and I'd expect the same for Returns.  Have too much in my back log and I still haven't finished part 2 yet.

Yesterday, 2/12, I price-matched Amazon's guide price of $24. The total was $72 before tax and you get a $25 gift card, as the op stated.

But check this out:
This morning 2/13 I received an email from Best Buy with the Cloud Strife pre-order dlc code!

In total, I got the Best Buy pre-order Cloud Strife dlc, the dlc from the CE Guide, and two more dlc costumes from completing the demo and sending in your score. What a fantastic deal! With so many of us Gamer Club unlocked, I'm surprised this isn't the hottest deal on CAG!
How did you send in your score? I completed the demo but I thought that's all I needed to do.

But check this out:

I got that last night as well when I picked up the game. I think BBY has started extending some of their pre-order stuff through the first week since they're so unreliable on being able to pre-order stuff. They did the same thing with A Link Between Worlds where you could get the Oracle of Ages code for the first week.

I got that last night as well when I picked up the game. I think BBY has started extending some of their pre-order stuff through the first week since they're so unreliable on being able to pre-order stuff. They did the same thing with A Link Between Worlds where you could get the Oracle of Ages code for the first week.
nice!

How did you send in your score? I completed the demo but I thought that's all I needed to do.
When you fight the boss (Zaltys) at the end of the demo there is a scorecard that appears after you defeat Zaltys with something out 5 stars etc. You send the scorecard to outerworld. There's an option that says allows you to take a picture and send it.

From the psn blog:

The demo is available. For free, of course.

Just for playing, you get the PS3 exclusive DLC — Utsusemi Samurai garb. Again, for free.

Just for posting your score after the final battle, you’ll get more free DLC. As a note, this DLC will never be available aside from doing this.

If you’ve forgotten, just for pre-ordering, you unlock Final Fantasy history with Cloud Strife’s SOLDIER 1st Class Uniform.

Best buy royally fucked up the Link Between Worlds promo offer. I preordered and bought day one. Code was not on my receipt. Wrote to unboxed, replying to a 20+ page thread. Mod says "oh well we ran out of codes, sorry about that". I bought the game at 10am release day... they didn't 'run out' then.

Best buy royally fucked up the Link Between Worlds promo offer. I preordered and bought day one. Code was not on my receipt. Wrote to unboxed, replying to a 20+ page thread. Mod says "oh well we ran out of codes, sorry about that". I bought the game at 10am release day... they didn't 'run out' then.
That's weird because they've been emailing that stuff for some time as far as I'm aware (at least everything I've gotten from them with a bonus like that in the last several months). I bought it like five days after release and still got the code.

I didn't get a code either but they did give me a $10 code for bestbuy.com which I would've rather had anyways lol.

I bought my copy like the day after launch with in-store pickup, no pre-order. The code was said to be included with my purchase at checkout however.

The weird gift card amount happens when you pricematch parts of the gift card promo, it like, prorates it or something. Happened to me a few months ago when bestbuy was doing their buy 2, get $50 gc with $20 pm'd far cry 3's. Wound up getting a $42.xx gift card instead of $50 since I didn't pay full price for the promo items. I assume that's what happened here too.
it does the same thing if you use a reward zone certificate. I was buying something for $100 with a $20 gc. I used a $90 RZC so the total I paid was $10. it would only give me a $10 GC instead of $20. I guess bestbuy has it in their system not to pay a GC out for more than what the customer is paying so they don't lose money...

bread's done
Back