* * * * - 6 votes

Injustice: Gods Among Us Battle Edition - $39.99

#1 LegendAssassin  

LegendAssassin

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:15 AM

Gamestop's Website

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107664

#2 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:19 AM

360:

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107663

PS3:

http://www.gamestop....-edition/107664

This isn't an amazing fight stick and it's not easily moddable.  That being said it's still halfway decent and way better than just about anything else you'll find at twice the price.

If it's still available tomorrow I think I'll go to GS and have them order me one just to have a PS3 fightstick.

#3 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

Any coupons to make this even better?

#4 LegendAssassin  

LegendAssassin

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:27 AM

This isn't an amazing fight stick and it's not easily moddable.  That being said it's still halfway decent and way better than just about anything else you'll find at twice the price.

If it's still available tomorrow I think I'll go to GS and have them order me one just to have a PS3 fightstick.

I love this fightstick I use it all the time. There is nothing really wrong with it and mods what exactly have you tried modded onto it since I have added weights and changed the gate + buttons.

#5 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10074 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:29 AM

I have 2 MK Fight sticks in the garage, do I really need another one? >_<

#6 Smash JT  

Smash JT

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:31 AM

Could someone PLEASE tell me why these controllers (or even regular game pads) aren't cross platform compatible with their respective next gens..... Besides GREED! Ughh no reason these shouldn't work with xbox one and ps4.

#7 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   11312 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

Ugh if I didnt already have the GOTY I'd probably bite

#8 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:37 AM

I love this fightstick I use it all the time. There is nothing really wrong with it and mods what exactly have you tried modded onto it since I have added weights and changed the gate + buttons.

Simple stuff like that's no big deal but if you want to say swap out the stick for the more popular Sanwa or Seimitsu you're going to be doing some involved modding to make it compatible.  It's a solid stick that falls below the TE level Madcatz sticks but above the smaller cheap sticks that most beginners start with.

I'm sure most people that would be buying this won't be going anywhere near that in depth anyway but it's worth mentioning.  Like I said I'm getting one of these just because I don't have a PS3 fightstick and it's a world better than anything else that I would consider reasonable.

Some more info on modding it:

http://forums.shoryu...on-arcade-stick

#9 Donut2922   Read the OP! CAGiversary!   10091 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

Could someone PLEASE tell me why these controllers (or even regular game pads) aren't cross platform compatible with their respective next gens..... Besides GREED! Ughh no reason these shouldn't work with xbox one and ps4.

Yeah I think someone mentioned that they aren't compatible with next gen (which is odd since fightsticks utilize a USB port).  If they were compatible, this would be a helluva deal.

#10 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:52 AM

Yeah I think someone mentioned that they aren't compatible with next gen (which is odd since fightsticks utilize a USB port).  If they were compatible, this would be a helluva deal.

Yeah, no controllers are supposed to be even simple USB ones.  It is pretty silly when the PS4 controller works plugged into the PS3 but only a few random USB things work on the PS4.

#11 BFBB Delicious   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   365 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

BFBB Delicious

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:58 AM

I actually bought this bundle when the game first came out and love the fight stick. I sold the game a while back and have been wanting to get back into it, so I bought this. 40 bucks is a great price and it will be nice to have a second fight stick handy. Thanks OP.

#12 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:54 AM

Great deal, thanks OP! Picked up a stick for the :ps3:, best $40 ive spent. Game trades in for $12 @ BBY also by the way.

#13 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

Great deal, thanks OP! Picked up a stick for the :ps3:, best $40 ive spent. Game trades in for $12 @ BBY also by the way.

Or 10 cents to Amazon!...

#14 gecko157  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:57 AM

Good price and a fun game.  The stick is just fine for the casual fight fan.

#15 Cofresi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   171 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Simple stuff like that's no big deal but if you want to say swap out the stick for the more popular Sanwa or Seimitsu you're going to be doing some involved modding to make it compatible.  It's a solid stick that falls below the TE level Madcatz sticks but above the smaller cheap sticks that most beginners start with.

I'm sure most people that would be buying this won't be going anywhere near that in depth anyway but it's worth mentioning.  Like I said I'm getting one of these just because I don't have a PS3 fightstick and it's a world better than anything else that I would consider reasonable.

Some more info on modding it:

http://forums.shoryu...on-arcade-stick

There are some interesting mod on that forum to try. (apart from the gate, spring and change of button).

#16 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:06 AM

There are some interesting mod on that forum (apart from the gate, spring and change of button).

Oh yeah and you can do some nice things with that stick, it's just more work that a lot of the higher end options.  I think people are thinking I'm saying this is a terrible stick that you can't do anything with when I'm just pointing out that if someone decided they wanted to make some changes that there's more involved than opening it up and swapping parts.  After all I just ordered one online in case they're sold out by the time I can get there to trade some stuff and order it with credit.

#17 airblade   MexiCAG CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:10 AM

I might do this. Since ive never traded anything at BBY before, how do you do this? Just take it to the store?

#18 sainrub   CAGisdabomb! CAGiversary!   1453 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:13 AM

I might do this. Since ive never traded anything at BBY before, how do you do this? Just take it to the store?

Yeah, just take it to customer service cagbro.

#19 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

Take it to customer service with your ID.  Use the store locator on the BBY site to check that they do trade-ins without a receipt because there are some stores that can't take trades except for stuff that was purchased there because of local laws.

#20 ddp72984   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   715 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:18 AM

Just bought this from gamestop.com about a week ago for 54 a piece

Any way to price match without returning the items to the store and rebuying them?

#21 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10642 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:20 AM

Just bought this from gamestop.com about a week ago for 54 a piece

Any way to price match without returning the items to the store and rebuying them?

go to the store and return it, you will eat the shipping fee

#22 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:21 AM

go to the store and return it, you will eat the shipping fee

Well hopefully he was smart enough to use saver if he ordered them off the website.

#23 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10642 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

If anyone is looking to mod it to a ball top theres a tutorial guide on youtube, it's pretty similar to modding a TE/SE but replacing the whole lever will be hard

#24 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

I totally forgot that this one also doesn't open from the top which is terribly antiquated and makes it so much more difficult to work with.  Again, minor gripe but it annoyed me watching that video again. :whee:

#25 chefgamer   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   815 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:52 AM

Man I got this just over a week ago no chance for a price adjust I guess

#26 lovepig78   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   796 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:38 AM

Ordered 1 of each. 

Modding both sticks will be a fun summer project.

The games will just go to BestBuy.

#27 CaoPi   (Chou Pei) Mousou nut, KOEI fan CAGiversary!   10642 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

I'm probably gonna sell the game on half.com or ebay, does anyone know if the game that comes with this bundle say NOT FOR RESALE or something?

#28 Zan-Datsu   CAG Grandmaster CAGiversary!   1242 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:00 AM

Damn, I have two MK sticks, along with a Tekken Hybrid one. Not sure I really need another, considering I play fighting games casually. But but... those blue leds just look so cool.. 

What to do, what to do...

#29 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:06 AM

Damn, I have two MK sticks, along with a Tekken Hybrid one. Not sure I really need another, considering I play fighting games casually. But but... those blue leds just look so cool.. 

What to do, what to do...

You find a fighting game that lets you play local 2v2!

#30 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   11547 Posts   Joined 7.4 Years Ago  

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:07 AM

You find a fighting game that lets you play local 2v2!

Mugen KOF games?