* * * * - 6 votes

PS4 Available on Amazon

#1 spiderjedi   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 3.7 Years Ago  

spiderjedi

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Shipped and sold by Amazon. $399.99

http://www.amazon.co...92242864&sr=1-1

#2 backseatdog   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3029 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

backseatdog

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Back in stock, seems to have plenty available.

Sup.

#3 mask-air-raid   Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda Banned   5809 Posts   Joined 2.4 Years Ago  

mask-air-raid

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:15 AM

Still hasn't hit Walmart pricing. Should be $399.98 to be a deal.
Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask
GiftHulk invite code:RD172480
ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444
Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!
Send me a PM if you use my links so I know who you are.

#4 nintendofan9999   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   311 Posts   Joined 6.9 Years Ago  

nintendofan9999

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:28 AM

SO tempted, yet I must resist until more quality titles come out...

#5 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:48 AM

I feel I should point out that many people who had issues with their PS4 say they purchased them from Amazon.  No idea if it was shipping that was the issue or just a bad run of them.

#6 kelo360   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   781 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

I got my release day ps4 from amazon and I've had no problems thank goodness. I do think new ps4 owners should consider a warranty just in case...

#7 EdgeCrusher36   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   892 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

EdgeCrusher36

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

Got my ps4 at launch from amazon as well and no issues.

#8 kilik64   Carefree, Wherever We May Be CAGiversary!   4444 Posts   Joined 5.1 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

I feel I should point out that many people who had issues with their PS4 say they purchased them from Amazon.  No idea if it was shipping that was the issue or just a bad run of them.

Got mine from amazon day one and it was broke, faulty hdmi port.

Nothing to do with shipping, it was a bad system off the product line. Was a rumor about some foxconn employees doing so sabotage to some systems right before launch due to working conditions (some interns or something).

Id order one from amazon again and not worry about it. Comes with a year warranty from Sony, can always add an after market one as well.

My replacement ps4 (got a brand one from sony, they literally opened the box, took everything out minus the system and cables and shipped it to me) has been rock solid, not a single issue and i play it for hours every day unlike most people who say theirs just sits because their are "no" games.

Seriously,  Fuck you, Sega.

kilik123.png

#9 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I have a launch day PS4 for amazon & have no issues.

#10 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   2678 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

I have a launch day PS4 for amazon & have no issues.

Me too. I bought the 3yr warranty from Sony though, since new consoles do tend to have more problems than other tech.

#11 luckycreature   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   112 Posts   Joined 7.0 Years Ago  

luckycreature

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

I am currently saving money from cleaning up stuff on ebay. Not to goal yet but this is my next gen system of choice so very tempted. 

#12 kitsunisan   Meh. CAGiversary!   1445 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kitsunisan

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:25 AM

Well, the info I have is anecdotal, mainly from the PS4 preorder thread on this forum.  The vast majority of people with issues had ordered from Amazon.  Of course it could have easily been that Amazon's launch came from a bad production run.  Just wanted to put it out there.

#13 Lottagames2  

Lottagames2

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:30 AM

After saving up enough credit to pay very little out of pocket for one, this was the right time to order. If anything is wrong Amazon is very good with returns.

#14 Righteous Nixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   688 Posts   Joined 3.9 Years Ago  

Righteous Nixon

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

It is tempting, but there just aren't any titles that I am interested in playing right now. I am 99% sure I am waiting until this upcoming Black Friday. Should be able to shave off 50-100 bucks from sales, or get some decent bundles, and there will be a much better selection of games by that time. 

AphroditeIXBanner1_zps6fea4a73.jpg

fs_overall.png

"My experiences, tho I would never wish them upon anyone else, have helped make me who I am and what I still hope to be"

#15 Killerlampshade   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   113 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Killerlampshade

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:27 PM

It's crazy because I was literally calling around every store in my city looking for one on Wednesday. After being told more than a few times that it would be "practically impossible" to find one because of the Japanese launch I pretty much gave up hope. I just off-handedly checked Amazon while looking for some other things and lo and behold they had them in stock. I totally didn't expect it. And look, two days later they are still in stock. Impossible to find my ass.

I'm just happy I'm getting one. It's on track for delivery tomorrow. Infamous, here I come!

#16 jubeininja69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

jubeininja69

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

sold out now. :)

#17 ShockandAww   Truth is treason CAGiversary!   7216 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

ShockandAww

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

540 available at the time of this post. They're selling fast as usual :)

#18 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3230 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:41 AM

After saving up enough credit to pay very little out of pocket for one, this was the right time to order. If anything is wrong Amazon is very good with returns.

It is tempting, but there just aren't any titles that I am interested in playing right now. I am 99% sure I am waiting until this upcoming Black Friday. Should be able to shave off 50-100 bucks from sales, or get some decent bundles, and there will be a much better selection of games by that time.

Exactly Nixon. For me, it's silly to buy a PS4 since there are still only a handful of games for it. It's annoying to see sites like kotaku post "the 9 best PS4 games". There aren't even five PS4 games right now, you have Killzone, Knack, and a handful of arcade/PSN titles. Two retail games does not sell a system.

#19 Bumslie   Have you ever seen the Boognish? CAGiversary!   4495 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:36 AM

Exactly Nixon. For me, it's silly to buy a PS4 since there are still only a handful of games for it. It's annoying to see sites like kotaku post "the 9 best PS4 games". There aren't even five PS4 games right now, you have Killzone, Knack, and a handful of arcade/PSN titles. Two retail games does not sell a system.

Sony would disagree with you selling 4.2 million PS4's.

BumslieOG.png

syepc.gifsigpic125994_9.gif

#20 Deader2818   Flipadelphia! CAGiversary!   8882 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:40 AM

with as well as sony is selling the ps4, i doubt you are going to see any bundles or gift card deals, etc.

Deader2818.png

#21 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3230 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:53 AM

Sony would disagree with you selling 4.2 million PS4's.

Oh I'm aware. I know many people with one, and at the moment it sits like how the Wii used to. Everyone has one, nobody uses it. People bought it now because of 'rarity' and future games, not to actually use it now.

#22 pittsnoggle   Acting Lord CAGiversary!   2367 Posts   Joined 1.7 Years Ago  

pittsnoggle

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:09 AM

people seem to only count exclusives. the ps4 versions of assassins creed and battle field are the best versions and worth playing. obviously infamous. I have the collectors edition paid off just because I am so hyped for it

690810.png

#23 jubeininja69   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

jubeininja69

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

sold out again.

#24 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

In stock on February 22, 2014.
Order it now.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available

#25 Lottagames2  

Lottagames2

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Um, you're not buying it for 2 games. There are so many more coming. THAT'S why we got one now. Hell I bought a U not too long after launch and only owned 2 or 3 games for most of the summer (now currently at 8). So what? I'll have it ready to go when Bayo 2, Kart 8, Smash, and DK:TF release.

#26 Blaster man  

Blaster man

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Um, you're not buying it for 2 games. There are so many more coming. THAT'S why we got one now. Hell I bought a U not too long after launch and only owned 2 or 3 games for most of the summer (now currently at 8). So what? I'll have it ready to go when Bayo 2, Kart 8, Smash, and DK:TF release.

That's how some see it.  Others see it as they might as well wait until there's a critical mass of games they want and by then there might be a good bundle or price drops.

#27 King Trax   Crazy! CAGiversary!   886 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

King Trax

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Oh I'm aware. I know many people with one, and at the moment it sits like how the Wii used to. Everyone has one, nobody uses it. People bought it now because of 'rarity' and future games, not to actually use it now.

I just ordered mine and plan on playing the free games with PS+ until the new games come out.  There isn't anything out now for the PS4 that I want to play $35+ for.  I was going to wait until the dingers showed up on Amazon.

#28 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

People just have different approaches to this.

Myself, I realized buying at launch is silly for me as there's never much I want to play in the first year, and I always have a back log of prior gen stuff to get through.

So while I'm still tempted to jump on a PS4, hence clicking the thread, I'm determined to hold off until my PS3 backlog is done.  At worst I'll pay the same $400 and have more games I want to play and launch titles available cheap.  At best, it will take me long enoug that there's a bundle or gift card deal or even price drop if it's late into 2015 before I get he PS3 backlog done.  Which it could be since I have a Wii U, 3DS and Vita with their own backlogs as well and have been playing more of those than PS3 stuff lately.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection

#29 whodoneit   Cheap Ass Player? Apparently CAGiversary!   671 Posts   Joined 2.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

the people you know dont equal everyone buddy. 

#30 Enslaved   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   25 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Enslaved

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

Looks like they're finally sold out