PS4 Available on Amazon

I feel I should point out that many people who had issues with their PS4 say they purchased them from Amazon.  No idea if it was shipping that was the issue or just a bad run of them.

I got my release day ps4 from amazon and I've had no problems thank goodness. I do think new ps4 owners should consider a warranty just in case...

I feel I should point out that many people who had issues with their PS4 say they purchased them from Amazon. No idea if it was shipping that was the issue or just a bad run of them.
Got mine from amazon day one and it was broke, faulty hdmi port.

Nothing to do with shipping, it was a bad system off the product line. Was a rumor about some foxconn employees doing so sabotage to some systems right before launch due to working conditions (some interns or something).

Id order one from amazon again and not worry about it. Comes with a year warranty from Sony, can always add an after market one as well.

My replacement ps4 (got a brand one from sony, they literally opened the box, took everything out minus the system and cables and shipped it to me) has been rock solid, not a single issue and i play it for hours every day unlike most people who say theirs just sits because their are "no" games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently saving money from cleaning up stuff on ebay. Not to goal yet but this is my next gen system of choice so very tempted. 

Well, the info I have is anecdotal, mainly from the PS4 preorder thread on this forum.  The vast majority of people with issues had ordered from Amazon.  Of course it could have easily been that Amazon's launch came from a bad production run.  Just wanted to put it out there.

After saving up enough credit to pay very little out of pocket for one, this was the right time to order. If anything is wrong Amazon is very good with returns.

It is tempting, but there just aren't any titles that I am interested in playing right now. I am 99% sure I am waiting until this upcoming Black Friday. Should be able to shave off 50-100 bucks from sales, or get some decent bundles, and there will be a much better selection of games by that time. 

It's crazy because I was literally calling around every store in my city looking for one on Wednesday. After being told more than a few times that it would be "practically impossible" to find one because of the Japanese launch I pretty much gave up hope. I just off-handedly checked Amazon while looking for some other things and lo and behold they had them in stock. I totally didn't expect it. And look, two days later they are still in stock. Impossible to find my ass.

I'm just happy I'm getting one. It's on track for delivery tomorrow. Infamous, here I come!

After saving up enough credit to pay very little out of pocket for one, this was the right time to order. If anything is wrong Amazon is very good with returns.
It is tempting, but there just aren't any titles that I am interested in playing right now. I am 99% sure I am waiting until this upcoming Black Friday. Should be able to shave off 50-100 bucks from sales, or get some decent bundles, and there will be a much better selection of games by that time.
Exactly Nixon. For me, it's silly to buy a PS4 since there are still only a handful of games for it. It's annoying to see sites like kotaku post "the 9 best PS4 games". There aren't even five PS4 games right now, you have Killzone, Knack, and a handful of arcade/PSN titles. Two retail games does not sell a system.

Exactly Nixon. For me, it's silly to buy a PS4 since there are still only a handful of games for it. It's annoying to see sites like kotaku post "the 9 best PS4 games". There aren't even five PS4 games right now, you have Killzone, Knack, and a handful of arcade/PSN titles. Two retail games does not sell a system.
Sony would disagree with you selling 4.2 million PS4's.

Sony would disagree with you selling 4.2 million PS4's.
Oh I'm aware. I know many people with one, and at the moment it sits like how the Wii used to. Everyone has one, nobody uses it. People bought it now because of 'rarity' and future games, not to actually use it now.

people seem to only count exclusives. the ps4 versions of assassins creed and battle field are the best versions and worth playing. obviously infamous. I have the collectors edition paid off just because I am so hyped for it

Um, you're not buying it for 2 games. There are so many more coming. THAT'S why we got one now. Hell I bought a U not too long after launch and only owned 2 or 3 games for most of the summer (now currently at 8). So what? I'll have it ready to go when Bayo 2, Kart 8, Smash, and DK:TF release.

Um, you're not buying it for 2 games. There are so many more coming. THAT'S why we got one now. Hell I bought a U not too long after launch and only owned 2 or 3 games for most of the summer (now currently at 8). So what? I'll have it ready to go when Bayo 2, Kart 8, Smash, and DK:TF release.
That's how some see it. Others see it as they might as well wait until there's a critical mass of games they want and by then there might be a good bundle or price drops.

Oh I'm aware. I know many people with one, and at the moment it sits like how the Wii used to. Everyone has one, nobody uses it. People bought it now because of 'rarity' and future games, not to actually use it now.
I just ordered mine and plan on playing the free games with PS+ until the new games come out. There isn't anything out now for the PS4 that I want to play $35+ for. I was going to wait until the dingers showed up on Amazon.

People just have different approaches to this.

Myself, I realized buying at launch is silly for me as there's never much I want to play in the first year, and I always have a back log of prior gen stuff to get through.

So while I'm still tempted to jump on a PS4, hence clicking the thread, I'm determined to hold off until my PS3 backlog is done. At worst I'll pay the same $400 and have more games I want to play and launch titles available cheap. At best, it will take me long enoug that there's a bundle or gift card deal or even price drop if it's late into 2015 before I get he PS3 backlog done. Which it could be since I have a Wii U, 3DS and Vita with their own backlogs as well and have been playing more of those than PS3 stuff lately.

the people you know dont equal everyone buddy.

I'll wait for the $250-300 PS4 slim bundle on Black Friday next year. 

Should be pretty easy looking at my PS3 library of games.   :D

Exactly the point I made. And when you think about it, with game installs at 50GB per game, and an included hard drive with only 400GB total space available out of the box, it sounds like a silly purchase at launch doesn't it? If you buy just a handful of retail games you system is already maxed out.

It sounded like you were against the whole thing. I know I'm going to use it so it doesn't matter when I get it or how many games are immediately available. I do plan to upgrade the drive once I find some information. As someone with over 200 PS3 games and a preference towards physical discs I know 500gb might not last the whole gen.

It sounded like you were against the whole thing. I know I'm going to use it so it doesn't matter when I get it or how many games are immediately available. I do plan to upgrade the drive once I find some information. As someone with over 200 PS3 games and a preference towards physical discs I know 500gb might not last the whole gen.
Might not? 400GB (it isn't a 500GB HD inside after OS install) isn't going to last you a few months since the PS4 requires large mandatory installs, plus patches that can be 5GB+. It's idiotic having such a small hard drive.

I can't wait to get a PS4, I loathe the Xbone. I'm just not going to buy it as it stands now. It needs a minimum 1TB HD and more than two games to play.

Might not? 400GB (it isn't a 500GB HD inside after OS install) isn't going to last you a few months since the PS4 requires large mandatory installs, plus patches that can be 5GB+. It's idiotic having such a small hard drive.

I can't wait to get a PS4, I loathe the Xbone. I'm just not going to buy it as it stands now. It needs a minimum 1TB HD and more than two games to play.
It's not idiotic for Sony to have a 500GB HDD, its a good business decision. That 500GB already costs $40 on most estimates, pushing it up to 1TB would only raise Sony's losses or the system's price. You have to strike a good balance. Also, its not like people can't erase those installs and re-install them whenever. I don't many of them even go over 3 minutes, most of them are hidden by in-game footage or story trailers like in Killzone SF.

I've had my PS4 since launch and have Killzone, DC Universe, Tiny Brains, all the demos on the store, Super Motherload, Contrast, Resogun, Outlast, Don't Starve, pretty much everything for free plus Sound Shapes and I've still got like 300GB to go.

I could see the PS4 slim in 2017 shipping for $199-$249 with a 1TB HDD though, once 1TB goes down to $20-$30 production level costs

Exactly the point I made. And when you think about it, with game installs at 50GB per game, and an included hard drive with only 400GB total space available out of the box, it sounds like a silly purchase at launch doesn't it? If you buy just a handful of retail games you system is already maxed out.
A handful of retail games? If every game installs 40GB that would literally take 10 games and I don't think I can fit 10 games into one hand.

Like was said I tend to erase those installs when finished, just keeping the saves. I survived the PS3 with a 120gb. Removed BF3 to make room for BF4 and I have zero movies, music, or pics wasting space.

I'm looking at 1tb drives and already have a list of 5 or 6 physical games that are out or soon to be. If the price is right there may be some DL games as well (mainly Resogun).

Like was said I tend to erase those installs when finished, just keeping the saves. I survived the PS3 with a 120gb. Removed BF3 to make room for BF4 and I have zero movies, music, or pics wasting space.

I'm looking at 1tb drives and already have a list of 5 or 6 physical games that are out or soon to be. If the price is right there may be some DL games as well (mainly Resogun).
Nice you like doing those extra steps but most people buy many games and hate having to do what you do. This 400gb is nothing space wise for blu's... You buy 10-20 games it will be full so within a year mad people will be rioting for more space. This gen was not ready for blu mandatory installs just wait it will be a joke. The games these days always needs a patche at launch enjoy the future lol

My opinions so pounce away hard drive fanboys rofl

Well, if what I suspect is true, that is that the PS4 supports BD-XL(Blu-ray's at 200 GB.), there's a reason why the installs are so big. Not to say I'm forgiving it. That being said, I can upgrade the PS4 HDD with off-shelf components so I don't mind shelling out some extra money given that it will cost me comparatively little.

bread's done
Back