OUYA + $25 credit $85 on StackSocial

Soooooo close. If it was legit $60 I'd most likely bite just to have a small portable emulator to play old school games with friends. The big games I wanted on OUYA are starting to move to other platforms so that money wouldn't do much for me.

If you flip those numbers I'd probably bite. OUYA + $85 credit for $25 sounds a bit more appealing. Is this thing considered a doorstop yet? If you didn't see this bomb coming then you weren't paying attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought ALL Ouya consoles came with 1 controller? 

I guess they put it there so you think you are getting more? I thought perhaps you were getting a 2nd controller which I believe cost $50 alone(Although I heard they are complete junk - Controller that is).

Oh, fine. I'll buy one. Kind of wanted an emulation machine for my TV. And with the $25 credit I'll buy Final Fantasy III. What should I spend the rest of the credit on?

aaaaaaand purchased... bought it cause i haven't been thrilled with the emulation on the vWii , and I want it to do things that my ps4 can't even do yet , like play mp4's ... i still haven't received a confirmation email yet though, but the purchase shows up in the "my purchases" section of the site... I'm sure I'll regret this purchase later.

I'm pretty sure they announced the Ouya 2 a couple months ago so you're pretty much shooting yourself in the foot if you buy one of these.

-More memory

-Better controller

-Upgraded processor/graphics

-More RAM

Last two are big ones. Android platforms seem to run better when there's more horsepower behind them. Games are already having trouble running at smooth framerates on the Ouya. Why get the frustrating version when you'll have more support and a smoother experience?

Ordered a unit and looked into the website and alot of people claiming they have got scammed by the site.. Now I'm worried. (Also they never charged my card but I got and order confirmation, which worries me more)

Ouya bashers haven't spent much time with one....period.
I say the same thing, I convinced a few non supporters to grab one and they enjoy it, some for emulation, some for just the overall machine, I enjoyed it the first time around and Ill enjoy it again!

Ouya bashers haven't spent much time with one....period.
They're just console and/or pc fanboys. Plus it's the internet. Shit they say here, they can't back it up in real life scenarios.

Think I'm gonna buy this and cancel the ongoing "delays" of the ReTron 5.

the emulation on the wii is fine by me. no problems at all, but its currently in my guest room as a netflix player. i do need a emulator machine in the gameroom though. tempting. 

Did anyone get any kind of e-mail or anything form this company yet about shipping??? I still only have the reciept, but that's the only thing I have been provided with so far.

Tempting, but it's hard for me to pick up the old model when I know the new one just dropped.
The Tegra 3 CPU is a bit long in the tooth these days, had it in my original Nexus 7 almost two years ago, and it struggled at times to run the tablet (well, the tablet itself had issues, which were supposedly fixed with a software update, but I dumped it for the 2013 Nexus 7 which blows the old model away). If the Ouya came with a Tegra 4, 16gb storage, and a redesigned controller, I might bite, but as it is the current model just doesn't offer enough to get me excited.

Did anyone get any kind of e-mail or anything form this company yet about shipping??? I still only have the reciept, but that's the only thing I have been provided with so far.
Still only received the receipt, its $69.99 on Amazon today and I wish I would've waited, but hopefully it Actually gets shipped and the $25 game credit will make up for the wait imo

Still only received the receipt, its $69.99 on Amazon today and I wish I would've waited, but hopefully it Actually gets shipped and the $25 game credit will make up for the wait imo
how is it $69.99? I only see $99.99 on amazon

I never received a shipping email but I received a box from ouya today. I haven't opened it yet but it has to be it. I didn't order anything else from ouya. Weird that it came straight from ouya though

how is it $69.99? I only see $99.99 on amazon

I never received a shipping email but I received a box from ouya today. I haven't opened it yet but it has to be it. I didn't order anything else from ouya. Weird that it came straight from ouya though
It was a Lightning Deal, and that is pretty weird that it came straight from Ouya. Never heard of StackSocial until this deal, I saw that it was featured on Forbes, Joystiq, Mashable etc. so I trusted them, just hoping it comes with no issues

I received my shipping notification email this morning from StackSocial. Strangely, there's no shipping information on the site showing that it has shipped though.

Got mine in the mail today, shipped straight from Ouya Inc. as well, surprisingly fast shipping for being free, ordered it Saturday night and came tonight. I'm satisfied now! I'll always be on the lookout from StackSocial now.

Got mine in the mail today, shipped straight from Ouya Inc. as well, surprisingly fast shipping for being free, ordered it Saturday night and came tonight. I'm satisfied now! I'll always be on the lookout from StackSocial now.
I got mine today too. That was really fast, and really surprising considering I never got a ship notification and I never got a response from anyone I emailed. I also like the system. Controller isn't as bad as I thought ( which is good, but I saw one at best buy two weeks ago on clearence for 24.99 that I would have picked up if I had known I would b getting one). It read my external 1tb HDD right off that bat, which surprised me. Some of the emulators work great though they appear to be just ported android emulators. Some emulators wouldn't find my Roms, but I'm sure I have the root folder wrong or something, which I'll work on later. The system menu is ok, a little tricky to find things in some areas. All in all, ok for the $85 + 25 credit. I wouldn't pay any more than that though

Oh, fine. I'll buy one. Kind of wanted an emulation machine for my TV. And with the $25 credit I'll buy Final Fantasy III. What should I spend the rest of the credit on?
There's this game called Saturday Morning RPG on OUYA, you should totally buy it. I'm not biased or anything...

If you have friends to game with (and don't want to wait for the Steam/PS4 version), you should also pick up TowerFall. It's pretty great.

They just sent me a shipping notification today with a tracking number.  But it also arrived today on my porch! 5 days since my order was placed.

Kind of weird they didn't give me the tracking number BEFORE it was already here... But whatever. At least I got the thing.

There's this game called Saturday Morning RPG on OUYA, you should totally buy it. I'm not biased or anything...

If you have friends to game with (and don't want to wait for the Steam/PS4 version), you should also pick up TowerFall. It's pretty great.
What, did you help work on that game? What's it like?

And is TowerFall fun as a solo game too? I probably won't invest in a second controller. And I don't have a PS4 or gaming PC either.

What, did you help work on that game? What's it like?

And is TowerFall fun as a solo game too? I probably won't invest in a second controller. And I don't have a PS4 or gaming PC either.
You can use wired 360 controllers and Bluetooth controllers (like PS3 controllers) with Ouya so you don't need to buy another official pad. TowerFall has no real single player mode- but it's a blast with 3-4 players.

As for Saturday Morning RPG-- yep, I was lead programmer and designer. It is a JRPG inspired by Saturday morning cartoons, with a Paper Mario like combat system.

Got my ouya from stacksocial on Wednesday. Used up all my credit. Bought vs mode for the amazing frog?, Sonic 4 episode 1, Saturday Morning RPG(hilarious by the way), Final Fantasy III(8 bucks this weekend), Fist of Awesome. 

bread's done
Back