Game of Thrones Season 3 Blu ray $29.99 Best Buy pre-order

Would it be better to pre-order this, or am I better off buying it in-store on release day. Amazon guarantees you have it by release (assuming you order in time), but I noticed such promises are conspicuously absent on the BB site.

Would it be better to pre-order this, or am I better off buying it in-store on release day. Amazon guarantees you have it by release (assuming you order in time), but I noticed such promises are conspicuously absent on the BB site.
Amazon's pretty reliable. Especially since Target and BB are both doing this price and offer PMs...Amazon's LPG will ensure you get a matched price. The only benefit of BB is the slipcovers (which are re-hashes, save Greyjoy), while Target has the bonus disc of the Comic-Con interview with the cast.

I preordered on bestbuy.com for 40 a week ago. does anyone know if they will lower the charge? I got the exclusive the targaryen packaging is this dead just for the standard set?

best buy claims you will always get the lower price but it says preparing my order for 43.44
Amazon automatically adjusts cause they keep the SKU live and when a lower price is triggered and a pre-order has yet to release, all pre-orders are automatically adjusted to reflect the lowest price (which I love). I tried it once with Best Buy and had to call BB.com for the adjustment.

I preordered on bestbuy.com for 40 a week ago. does anyone know if they will lower the charge? I got the exclusive the targaryen packaging is this dead just for the standard set?
I preordered at $40 too, and it shipped yesterday at $35. I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with customer support trying to get my $5 back. In the end they gave me a $10 credit.

So to answer your question, no. BB preorders that ship do not necessarily get adjusted to the lowest price.

being thats its so close to release I dont want to cancel and re order. also the blu rays are much cheaper than I expected this Summer I tracked the first 2 seasons on blu ray which were 45 even at retail.

Amazon's pretty reliable. Especially since Target and BB are both doing this price and offer PMs...Amazon's LPG will ensure you get a matched price. The only benefit of BB is the slipcovers (which are re-hashes, save Greyjoy), while Target has the bonus disc of the Comic-Con interview with the cast.
This season, it's Lannister, Stark and Targaeryn, not Greyjoy. Greyjoy was S2.

Amazon dropped it to $30

I had pre-ordered it at $40
They just dropped it in the last few minutes, since it was $34.99 when I looked about 10 minutes ago. Your pre-order price should adjust in 24-48 hours after the drop, and since it dropped before release, it should fix itself by Thursday of next week if it doesn't auto-fix before shipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
This season, it's Lannister, Stark and Targaeryn, not Greyjoy. Greyjoy was S2.

They just dropped it in the last few minutes, since it was $34.99 when I looked about 10 minutes ago. Your pre-order price should adjust in 24-48 hours after the drop, and since it dropped before release, it should fix itself by Thursday of next week if it doesn't auto-fix before shipment.
Sorry. Statement got mixed up, but yes. No Greyjoy for Season 3. But I was hoping they'd get a bit diverse and add in a Tyrell slipcover. Most likely, it'll come for S4 with the Martell.

My order on bestbuy.com changed to 32.01 anyone know why the hell the blu ray's are so cheap this time around. even 40 was cheaper than the last 2 seasons

My order on bestbuy.com changed to 32.01 anyone know why the hell the blu ray's are so cheap this time around. even 40 was cheaper than the last 2 seasons
Because...why not?

But they seem to pull this like clockwork. Season 1 pre-order released for $30-35 during its launch...Season 2 pre-order unexpectedly got PM'd launch week to $30...and now this...I will say this from experience.

LAUNCH WEEK FOR GAME OF THRONES BLU-RAY IS THE CHEAPEST PRICE YOU WILL EVER SEE THE SHOW FOR (outside of the holidays)!!! Ahem...Seasons 1 and 2 were $20-25 during the holidays, but that was it. As for launch pricing, If they keep doing this, I will gladly continue to pre-order out of principle out of principle. And Amazon is very useful in this, where their SKUs update on the spot. If they do not, and you get an item shipped when it's priced cheaper, get in touch with Amazon and they will hook you up with credit or such.

There's absolutely no need to pre-order this...even if you're seeking a Best Buy limited edition slipcover...they always have a ton of these at release...

Honestly, I'd rather have it at Target again like last year since it comes with another bonus disc for the same price at BB and AMZ. However, I have Amazon credit and it's in my gold box deals for $28 with no tax and free prime release day shipping. I know it's only a few bucks I'm saving with gold box but I am a CAG.

I've had multiple steelbooks get destroyed in bubble mailers from Best Buy, so they're hardly blameless for making packaging mistakes.
they make mistakes yes but I have had much better experience with best buy especially recently with bravely default collectors edition so they have earned my trust until they fail me.

I've gotten both Seasons from Amazon and they were packed up nicely. HBO actually does their packaging right. Boardwalk Empire, Seasons 1, 2, and 3 got mailed to me by a reseller in a standard envelope. But inside, they have the circular tabs you punch in instead of the teethy ones that break easily. The packaging is bulky like a book, but very solid. If anything, HBO is one of the best at packing their seasons up as of late (even if you have to wait for a good deal). 

Alright, on a whim, I decided to jump onto Amazon and see if my item adjusted. It went to $35 with the item still set at $29.99 to buy. However, my order had Free 2-Day Shipping on it before my Prime expired. Spoke to a CSR. For some reason, they couldn't adjust the item (was it already queued to adjust to $30 soon?).So, I got offered a $10 promo credit for my next purchase.

In the off chance things change next week and my item adjusts to the $29.99 price tag through the system, then awesome. If not...I won't knock the $10 promo credit.

thanks OP and Shrike for posting the links.  Pre-ordered the Stark version as I got the Lannister version last year (PM'd Fry's $24.99 price!) but missed the season 1 specials.  Looking forward to adding this to the collection at a great price point!

Mine Shipped today. If my last bestbuy purchase was any indicator I will have it tomorrow. Gamestop also ships stuff to me from Louisville which is close to me. I love getting free release date or before shipping

Mine Shipped today. If my last bestbuy purchase was any indicator I will have it tomorrow. Gamestop also ships stuff to me from Louisville which is close to me. I love getting free release date or before shipping
You might be surprised. I had preordered Bravely Default from BB and it shipped the night before release but still arrived the next morning. My GoT order shipped yesterday, but tracking shows that it shouldn't arrive before Tuesday.

I think they've just gotten really good at estimating shipping times to nail release day.

Ended up buying it from Best Buy since I had a few certificates lying around after their anime sale. Any deals going on for S1 and S2 atm? The amazon bundle with the Popcap figures seems tempting lol. 

I just bought my s1 and s2 at 45 each this year at bestbuy. Yeah its expensive but it is worth it. The show looks AMAZING on blu ray
You should also dive into the special features for all the history too. I read the books, but the special features are nice interactive helpers.

Yay, my Amazon order somehow auto-adjusted to $29.99 with $20 coming back to me. And I still made out with a $10 promo code voucher for my next purchase. =) I think I'll save it for Season 4 when it gets listed.

Ended up buying it from Best Buy since I had a few certificates lying around after their anime sale. Any deals going on for S1 and S2 atm? The amazon bundle with the Popcap figures seems tempting lol.
S1 and S2 Blu/DVD/DC Copies are $29.99 each at Target this week.

I ordered the Targaryen cover this time around, I'm actually very happy they re-released some of the covers so I don't miss out on all of them I guess. It does make me nervous that a future release I'll have two of the same cover... but hopefully not.

So now I have S1: Stark, S2: Greyjoy, and now S3: Targaryen. The Lanisters will hopefully get a third release... hopefully...

being thats its so close to release I dont want to cancel and re order. also the blu rays are much cheaper than I expected this Summer I tracked the first 2 seasons on blu ray which were 45 even at retail.
Season 2 was $20 at Fry's and i think somewhere else when it came out.

Season 1 and 2 were both $20 on Black Friday.

Most likely the pattern of $20 sets will continue next BF.

For whatever reason, the only 2 times that GoT is cheap is BF and release week.

Yeah I'm rewatching the series for season 4 and plan on going through all the special features
I have over 1000 movies/tv box sets and i have spent a grand total of about 2 hours watching special features. Nothing has ever been more useless and pointless to me than special features. Like tits on a boar.

Then i bought Game of Thrones on blu ray and wanted to watch almost everything.

The only thing that is preventing me from watching all of them is that they spoil certain parts if you havent watched the whole season, but by the time I finish the season (finished season 1 a few days ago) i want to quickly move onto the next season.

They are done very well, well enough that even I want to watch them.

I ordered the Targaryen cover this time around, I'm actually very happy they re-released some of the covers so I don't miss out on all of them I guess. It does make me nervous that a future release I'll have two of the same cover... but hopefully not.

So now I have S1: Stark, S2: Greyjoy, and now S3: Targaryen. The Lanisters will hopefully get a third release... hopefully...
People like you are why we didn't get the Tulley, Martel, and Baratheon of Dragonstone sigils this year. Please tell me you didn't vote in the FB poll last year. And why would we need Lanister again next year? You had a chance to get it during Season 2 and now Season 3. Why in the would would we want a rehash of them again next year for a thrid time. I'm sure we'll get the same crap because stupid fanboys will continue to vote for the same houses instead of us getting new ones. Half the idiots that voted admitted they weren't even going to buy the movie. They plan on burning it illegal. Way to support a great show and cast.

I have over 1000 movies/tv box sets and i have spent a grand total of about 2 hours watching special features. Nothing has ever been more useless and pointless to me than special features. Like tits on a boar.

Then i bought Game of Thrones on blu ray and wanted to watch almost everything.

The only thing that is preventing me from watching all of them is that they spoil certain parts if you havent watched the whole season, but by the time I finish the season (finished season 1 a few days ago) i want to quickly move onto the next season.

They are done very well, well enough that even I want to watch them.
The features are incredible. So much lore and backstory...the books offer a considerably higher amount of stuff to read about.

What if someone wants to have matching box sets though. also no Greyjoy was very upsetting I want targaryen. But I though we might get Bolton this year but no luck

I still have a sealed first run "Stark" season one set with the George Bush head. I would love to be able to replace it with a updated "Stark" set that I can open to re-watch. Did they ever make sets like that at all?

I still have a sealed first run "Stark" season one set with the George Bush head. I would love to be able to replace it with a updated "Stark" set that I can open to re-watch. Did they ever make sets like that at all?
Sadly, no. All the Season 1 launch copies were the only ones with slip-covers. When the revised copies released, only standard packaging. However, if you want to really shell out for something worthwhile, look into the Collector's Edition. Hardbox casing that is a bit stylish, stores the whole Season 1 on Blu/DVD/Digital, a Season 2, Episode 1 Blu-Ray, a collectible Dragon Egg...I got it for $40 during an Amazon DotD a while back. Season 2 had Lannister/Greyjoy, and Seadon 3's got Stark, Lannister, and Targaryen.

You can try to sell off the sealed first run Stark for a bit of money if you want. Discontinued for a short run, and its a very popular show, means that its worth something (I actually sold my opened copy for more than I needed for the Season 1 Collector's Edition...so I not only got back my full investment on the Blu-Ray, but I profited too).

My copy arrived just now! Everything looks good EXCEPT...I went to go activate my Digital Copy, but they do not have Amazon Instant Video as an option. So I contacted HBO Support for their HBO Select line to see when and if they were going to open it up again like they did for Season 1 and 2.

Update 1: Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to numerous customer complaints with the Amazon Instant Video redemption process, this option has been disabled. We are working vigorously with Amazon to streamline the process. We cannot provide an ETA on when this will be available again.

Thanks,
HBO DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT

Well, good to know the redemption process is there, but I don't know of these complaints on a product that only releases tomorrow...long as it comes back in the near future, I'll be happy.

There's absolutely no need to pre-order this...even if you're seeking a Best Buy limited edition slipcover...they always have a ton of these at release...
hahaha...yeah that is why S1 slips and S2 slips sold out.

What if someone wants to have matching box sets though. also no Greyjoy was very upsetting I want targaryen. But I though we might get Bolton this year but no luck
What do you mean matching sets? Are you talking about having three of the same slipcover each season? Why in the hell would someone want that? I can understand a fanboy maybe but the how point of the sigils was to have a different one each season. Also House Bolton was never a voting opiton. It was the three I mentioned above. We'll probably never see any new houses if people keep voting for the same three every dang year lol. I would have bought all three of the new houses if they would have release them. I bought 3 copies of Season 1, 3 of Season 2 and no I'm getting only 1 of Season 3. I already have the houses the are doing tomorrow. The only thing different is that they say Season 3 instead of Season 1 and 2.

My copy arrived just now! Everything looks good EXCEPT...I went to go activate my Digital Copy, but they do not have Amazon Instant Video as an option. So I contacted HBO Support for their HBO Select line to see when and if they were going to open it up again like they did for Season 1 and 2.

Update 1: Dear Customer,

We apologize for the inconvenience. Due to numerous customer complaints with the Amazon Instant Video redemption process, this option has been disabled. We are working vigorously with Amazon to streamline the process. We cannot provide an ETA on when this will be available again.

Thanks,
HBO DIGITAL COPY SUPPORT

Well, good to know the redemption process is there, but I don't know of these complaints on a product that only releases tomorrow...long as it comes back in the near future, I'll be happy.
I think it may have to do with that fact that it hasn't been released yet. As in the street date is tomorrow. I was going to redeem my DC on Vudu but that option for that isn't showing up like it did S2 and S1. So I'm going to guess that once tomorrow rolls around I will be able to. I didn't go through the site like is says on the insert as you can usully plug the code in Vudu.

hahaha...yeah that is why S1 slips and S2 slips sold out.

What do you mean matching sets? Are you talking about having three of the same slipcover each season? Why in the hell would someone want that? I can understand a fanboy maybe but the how point of the sigils was to have a different one each season. Also House Bolton was never a voting opiton. It was the three I mentioned above. We'll probably never see any new houses if people keep voting for the same three every dang year lol. I would have bought all three of the new houses if they would have release them. I bought 3 copies of Season 1, 3 of Season 2 and no I'm getting only 1 of Season 3. I already have the houses the are doing tomorrow. The only thing different is that they say Season 3 instead of Season 1 and 2.

I think it may have to do with that fact that it hasn't been released yet. As in the street date is tomorrow. I was going to redeem my DC on Vudu but that option for that isn't showing up like it did S2 and S1. So I'm going to guess that once tomorrow rolls around I will be able to. I didn't go through the site like is says on the insert as you can usully plug the code in Vudu.
Vudu was there on the HBO Select screen when I checked. But I will try back tomorrow and see what happens. I was just a bit worried cause the page was up for Season 3 and it had many options available, but not AIV.

Vudu was there on the HBO Select screen when I checked. But I will try back tomorrow and see what happens. I was just a bit worried cause the page was up for Season 3 and it had many options available, but not AIV.
Oh it was? Sorry about that I didn't know as I didn't go to the site. I'm going to hold off till tomorrow just to be safe and see what happens on Vudu.com. Hmm hopefully the AIV will get sorted out tomorrow. Let us know what happens.

So Amazon should have this deal through the end of the week since the BB and Target deals are thru the 22nd right? Only reason I ask is I'm out of town and don't want it to arrive before I come back. 

So Amazon should have this deal through the end of the week since the BB and Target deals are thru the 22nd right? Only reason I ask is I'm out of town and don't want it to arrive before I come back.
Would be crazy if they didn't. They were doing it when it got announced last week. I would say you got until Saturday night to figure it out.

bread's done
Back