- - - - -

Bill Nye: "Do you believe in God?"

#31 Sarang01   My Use Name Is Saber CAGiversary!   5454 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

He believes teaching creationism to children is child abuse. Like somehow religion and science work in such contrast even though scientists now claim they can see God's work in the math and physics that make up our universe. It takes an ass to reduce religion to child abuse and to not acknowledge it's elevation of mankind. The religiously founded concept of morality that separates apes from man for example.

There's a common thread with all these champions of science. They have the good sense to say that they don't know. Then continue to bash religion but yet their work will never be as profound as the complexities of a cell. Or the first cell. Or the fine tuned constant of gravity. If it took knowledge for Mr. Nye to extract information out of the universe - it took knowledge to put it there. And 97% of our DNA is chimpanzee?

I hope your claim of religion founding morality is a joke.  You don't need religion to create one's morality or the idea of God for that matter(see:  Confucianism).

As far as Creationism is concerned, it's clearly religion masquerading as Science and Christianity at that.  Do you ever hear of Creationism taught in India or China or any other predominantly non-Christian country?  I rest my case.

As far as Science itself goes I think most people in here make the point quite well so I don't really need to go into it.

When I finally have a kid I will tell them my belief and make it clear to my child that it's my belief, not a fact.  I'll explain to them why I believe this then leave them to make their choice.

Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".