Kirby Triple Deluxe & Mario Golf World Tour (3DS) $29.99 each + Free Shipping + No Sales Tax (47 States) @Newegg

Probably MSRP.  Gamestop is listing them for $35 which is what they usually do on 3DS first party games that are $30 everywhere else.  

Somebody's bitter.
OP said Newegg is always tax-free, and this isn't true. I don't think bitter is the right word. A helpful correction is all it was.

If Mario Golf 3ds is a like its other handheld versions of the past, then this will be great. If it goes the more vanilla route that Mario Tennis 3ds took, then it's probably better to wait for a price drop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this will eventually be cheap like the last DS game.

Last edited:
I see GameStop has product pages up for 34.99 on these.

I hope 29.99 is MSRP on them as well, but seeing GS prices made my daydream of picking up Mario Golf for 20% off 30 with GCU at Best Buy a little less dreamy ;-)

I'll wait to see what the official MSRP is before pre-ordering here. I don't really care for Newegg's shipping speed. Hopefully Amazon puts the 30 dollar price up soon. I already pre-ordered Mario Golf from Amazon for 40 bucks...

Mario Golf looks really good. Hell, after owning and enjoying Mario Tennis. I can tell you that the demo video for Golf already looks a lot more deep than the Tennis game. I love the gameplay of Mario Tennis on the 3DS but it's bare bones with gameplay modes and so on. Tennis looks like it has some depth to it which will really add some game play to it.

Edit: What I mean by all of this is, 30 bucks MSRP looks be a damn good deal.

I love Kirby and loved Mario Tennis Open for the 3DS! Definitely getting both! Might as well lock in a pre-order now. Hopefully $29.99 is the new MSRP but you never know. They might end up $40 out of nowhere at other places and then we'll be kicking ourselves later for not pre-ordering earlier when they were $30! lol. $24 plus tax first week at Best Buy after GCU isn't too bad, especially for Kirby! :D

Can't resist the "tax-free" rant any longer...

It's not tax-free. Period. Newegg is not charging you tax but you still owe a use-tax (I believe these are in nearly every state if not all of them by now) which usually equates  roughly to a sales tax. If you don't pay the use-tax you are cheating the government out of monies owed. For God's sake stop using the expression tax-free. You are misleading people into a false understanding of the tax code.

It's not tax-free. Period. Newegg is not charging you tax but you still owe a use-tax (I believe these are in nearly every state if not all of them by now) which usually equates roughly to a sales tax. If you don't pay the use-tax you are cheating the government out of monies owed. For God's sake stop using the expression tax-free. You are misleading people into a false understanding of the tax code.
I live in Texas. In Texas there is no state income tax, thus no tax return to file. How would I go about paying this "use-tax"?

Anybody who knows... Does newegg charge tax for Texas buyers?

I live in Texas. In Texas there is no state income tax, thus no tax return to file. How would I go about paying this "use-tax"?

Anybody who knows... Does newegg charge tax for Texas buyers?
My good friend Google's first response gave me this website: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/use/

That website had a link to this form to claim your use-tax: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-156.pdf

I don't know if Newegg charges sales tax in Texas; I know they do not here in Arizona (at least as of my last order a few months ago).

OP said Newegg is always tax-free, and this isn't true. I don't think bitter is the right word. A helpful correction is all it was.

If Mario Golf 3ds is a like its other handheld versions of the past, then this will be great. If it goes the more vanilla route that Mario Tennis 3ds took, then it's probably better to wait for a price drop.
My apologies. I'll correct the post to reflect the states you listed now.

Probably MSRP. Gamestop is listing them for $35 which is what they usually do on 3DS first party games that are $30 everywhere else.
Yup! I remember way back when I was looking to get Super Mario Advance, they had it there for $35 when everywhere else was $30.

It's not tax-free. Period. Newegg is not charging you tax but you still owe a use-tax (I believe these are in nearly every state if not all of them by now) which usually equates roughly to a sales tax. If you don't pay the use-tax you are cheating the government out of monies owed. For God's sake stop using the expression tax-free. You are misleading people into a false understanding of the tax code.
When someone posts a deal on here, sometimes it's not available to everyone. Heck, you see YMMV deals on here all the time, only for a certain small area. How much more then should I post a deal that's tax free in 47 states? Should I omit the deal to 47 states simply because 3 don't qualify? What if there were 3 states that don't have a Best Buy location, or Target, or whatever? Should a person posting a related deal then not post it simply because there are 3 states that can't access the deal? No. If it's a deal available to the majority of the country, you can believe it's getting posted.

I know you must have been dying inside to share this information, but I looked up the policy on Newegg and Amazon, of which Newegg states they charge tax only in CA, NJ and TN and says nothing of use tax. Amazon's policy, however, does mention use tax, applicable ONLY IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND TENNESSEE. Furthermore, there are casual purchase exemptions. Use tax is a separate issue and does not negate the fact that sales tax is not charged. Thank you for your input though.

:applause:

But if I had millions of dollars I get around them with loop holes so that's what I see us doing. Cheating the government that is criminal to us? I'm fine with that.

[quote name="jholden3249" post="11530147" timestamp="1392500449"]Look, when someone posts a deal on here, sometimes it's not available to everyone. Heck, you see YMMV deals on here all the time, only for a certain small area. How much MORE then should I post a deal that's tax free in 47 states? What, so I should omit the deal to 47 states simply because 3 don't qualify? What if there were 3 states that don't have a Best Buy location, or Target, or whatever? Should a person posting a related deal then NOT post it simply because there are 3 states that can't access the deal? No. If it's a deal available to the majority of the country, you can believe it's getting posted.

I know you must have been dying inside to share this information, but I looked up the policy on Newegg and Amazon, of which Newegg states they charge tax only in CA, NJ and TN and says nothing of use tax. Amazon's policy, however, DOES mention use tax, applicable ONLY IN SOUTH CAROLINA AND TENNESSEE. Furthermore, there are casual purchase exemptions. This isn't law school. It's a deal by a retailer that doesn't have a nexus in 47 states, and therefore does not charge sales tax. Use tax is a separate issue and does not negate the fact that sales tax is not charged.[/quote]
I think you misunderstood my post. By all means post the deal. It's still a deal. My beef is with the expression "tax-free" because that is factually inaccurate.

I don't want to get into an argument with someone who obviously doesn't know what they are talking about, but Amazon/Newegg policy is not law by any means. They are not required to charge you tax in a lot of states still (the nexus issue is still being worked out, for now Amazon is only charging sales tax in states that have passed bills explicitly stating that Amazon has to), because the end-user is ultimately responsible for paying the taxes.

Please don't turn my post into a troll-fest. I was merely trying to enlighten you (and hopefully others) on a little understood tax law that could potentially have significant consequences. Most states don't pursue use-taxes unless the purchase is significant (examples being car or boat sales), but this is a very hot issue with a lot of states and they are actively looking for ways to best enforce these statutes. Just be aware of your individual home states' rules on the subject so you don't wind up with penalties. Remember ignorance of the law is still a very poor excuse.

Haha that use tax is funny I guess that mean next time I'm on vacation I have to pay taxes on my souvenirs twice then according to you cause that use tax you refer to also mean if you buy something in another state and bring it back you still pay your state tax on it plus the other state read a book and understand it better before critiquing others

Haha that use tax is funny I guess that mean next time I'm on vacation I have to pay taxes on my souvenirs twice then according to you cause that use tax you refer to also mean if you buy something in another state and bring it back you still pay your state tax on it plus the other state read a book and understand it better before critiquing others
Actually, if we want to get into the specifics then yes you would pay both (depending on the tax situations of course). Let's say sales tax in the state you are visiting is 5% and your home state is 7%, then you're state (again depending on their statutes) would require you to pay the additional 2% still owed. Most (if not all) states give you a credit on taxes already paid. Since you already paid 5% in the first state your home state would only require you to pay the difference of the 2%. If the reverse is the case then there is obviously no use tax required as you already paid more than your home state would have collected. I hope your foot tastes good. Please don't make this argument with an accountant, you won't win because you are obviously wrong.

Again, most states don't pursue these taxes (mostly because the revenues generated currently are outweighed by the costs to administer these clearly confusing to the average person rules) so you probably don't have anything to worry about, but it is something to be aware of in cause you are ever audited (it would have to be a really severe audit I would imagine though).

Incidentally, thank you all for making me feel like I'm ready for the CPA exam. Haha.

Further edit: Thank you OP for updating the info. At least "No Sales Tax" is more misleading than straight incorrect. No sales tax is being charged so at least it's not wrong. Sorry about all the ranting but people claiming "no tax" is a pet peeve of mine. You're not the first I've corrected and I dare say you won't be the last.

I'm not big on taxes at all. I pay enough of them as it is locally and to our government every year. Why should I feel bad about not having to pay them yet again through Newegg since I live in NY? Because I certainly don't.

And there are people that lives in states that don't have sale tax like Oregon no matter what.  People should just have an idea what store charge tax in their state.  Unless it is like play-asia or UK sites that won't charge tax.

Thanks for the heads up on this. Had Mario Golf 3DS pre-ordered already but for 35. I will take the extra 5 and Kirby as well. I don't mind the slower shipping...enough of a backlog anyway.

Will go ahead and pre-order Mario Golf as I've been looking forward to the online aspect of this game for awhile. I can wait on Kirby though.

I'm not big on taxes at all. I pay enough of them as it is locally and to our government every year. Why should I feel bad about not having to pay them yet again through Newegg since I live in NY? Because I certainly don't.
The unpaved roads, unplowed streets, and dumb kids all thank you for your service.

The unpaved roads, unplowed streets, and dumb kids all thank you for your service.
I know what taxes are for and why they're needed. I'm a tax paying citizen and do my part.. all year, every year. All I'm saying is, I shouldn't and I do not feel bad for not having to pay even more taxes on a specific e-store. It's nice to get a break... for once...

My good friend Google's first response gave me this website: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/use/

That website had a link to this form to claim your use-tax: http://www.window.state.tx.us/taxinfo/taxforms/01-156.pdf

I don't know if Newegg charges sales tax in Texas; I know they do not here in Arizona (at least as of my last order a few months ago).
Well, that is somewhat enlightening. I can't believe that anyone would actually fill out and submit that form. (That second link has probably got more hits on it today that in the last two years).

Tax kills the deal.

...and the fact that it's not an RPG Golf game like the GBC/GBA iterations.

bread's done
Back