Target: Buy an Xbox One, get a $50 GC

Haha, wow. 2 of my friends just purchased an X1 over the past 2-3 days for Titanfall too. I'm wondering if they show Target their receipt, would they give them the gift card? If they really wanted it, couldn't they return/rebuy it?

Haha, wow. 2 of my friends just purchased an X1 over the past 2-3 days for Titanfall too. I'm wondering if they show Target their receipt, would they give them the gift card? If they really wanted it, couldn't they return/rebuy it?
They shouldn't have a problem getting a $50 giftcard if they take the receipt to customer service. $10 Titanfall!

Does the 5% redcard discount apply to systems for another $25 off? $475 + $50 credit
Walmart probably won`t match since there`s no ad
A BB match would net another $10 RZ credit & chances are they`ll make the system $450 & sell you a $50 BB GC. So saving the tax on the $50 cones in play too. $450 w/$60 credit that`s basically 10% off the system & a free game not bad.

Does the 5% redcard discount apply to systems for another $25 off? $475 + $50 credit
A BB match would net another $10 RZ credit & chances are they`ll make the system $450 & sell you a $50 BB GC. So saving the tax on the $50 cones in play too. $450 w/$60 credit that`s basically 10% off the system & a free game not bad.
From my experience, BB doesn't price match this kind of sale. But to answer your first question, yes. The 5% Red Card discount will still apply so $25 off with a free $50 gift card. Not a bad deal.

Nice deal but I'm waiting to see if I can get an extra 50% for my PS4 at Gamestop tomorrow. Should have bought a Xbox One in the first place but I bought into all the pre-launch hype.

Wait, what? Why would BB drop the system to $450 AND give you a $50 GC?

And regarding the $50 PM GC, BB doesn't PM deals involving GC's if my memory serves me.

And regarding the $50 PM GC, BB doesn't PM deals involving GC's if my memory serves me.
They won't They arent even suppose to match gift card deals. Its highly YMMV and pretty close to not worth it to even try.

Nice deal but I'm waiting to see if I can get an extra 50% for my PS4 at Gamestop tomorrow. Should have bought a Xbox One in the first place but I bought into all the pre-launch hype.
Pretty sure you'd get more ROI by just selling the console on the open market.

Not sure what hype you're talking about though.

Hes just trying to start another console war debate, ignore it.
How is he trying to do that?

I have three friends with the same exact issue; switched preorders to PS4 do to all the negativity but want to get an XB1. One already traded his PS4 in and another already bought an XB1 at $500. If they can save $50 that's amazing. It's pretty much a free game.

fastest drop ever? They need to drop that failed kinect and go to $399 with a game and then I will bite.

maybe

Last edited by a moderator:
fastest drop ever? They need to drop that failed kinect and go to $399 with a game and then I will bite.

maybe
I love when I see these blatant hate posts on the x1. I have the ps4 and x1, personally my x1 gets a lot more playtime.

And titanfall is a system seller imho. Sony needs somethjng like that. Infamous pales in comparison big time.

I think this gen is off to a great start.

I might jump if the deal was "Buy a $50 Target GC get a FREE X1"

I had my X1 hooked up as a cable box in a secondary living room but didn't like the fact it had to be powered on to watch basic TV which is all I really had been doing.

But I hope you're right and that Titanfall sells 2+ million consoles because MS can't afford to lag behind the entire generation, especially not in NA. If they do they won't be able to throw enough money at publishers to keep games exclusive.

I might jump if the deal was "Buy a $50 Target GC get a FREE X1"

I had my X1 hooked up as a cable box in a secondary living room but didn't like the fact it had to be powered on to watch basic TV which is all I really had been doing.

But I hope you're right and that Titanfall sells 2+ million consoles because MS can't afford to lag behind the entire generation, especially not in NA. If they do they won't be able to throw enough money at publishers to keep games exclusive.
I don't get how you guys can accuse people of starting a console debate and then post this. Anyways, that 50 dollar GC makes this a pretty good deal. I'd jump on it if I didn't already have one.

I don't get how you guys can accuse people of starting a console debate and then post this. Anyways, that 50 dollar GC makes this a pretty good deal. I'd jump on it if I didn't already have one.
Because they are biased towards PS4 and can't believe someone can be unhappy with it.

lol my thoughts too. Its a good deal if you're to looking to get an X1 for Titanfall anyway. I personally am gonna wait it out as funds are tight right now and I'd rather purchase from somewhere where I have credit.

You still end up paying $500 they deduct the $50 off the system & "sell" you a $50 BB GC.

Getting the GC pm is YMM they`re not supposed to match GC offers anymore just like they`re not supposed to match bundling offers like TRU`s 2 for $50 or 2 for $60 but they do. It`s all about selling the manager on you really wanting to shop @ BB vs the competition if you`re not good at that then chances are you`ll get denied. I`m really good at it I've probably completed more YMMV pm`s @ BB than some people have ever done regular purchases so at this point it`s 2nd nature.
1- Bring a clear picture of the target shelf tag showing the date & a pic confirming it`s in stock
2- Try going to a BB close to a Target store
3- Not knowing your store you have to make this call based off the staff there & who you know & are cool with at BB. Either goto the gaming reps 1st & start "selling" the match to them(if you have a good relationship with them they`ll do most of the work for you with the manager) or bring the console to CS w/the pic requesting the "one time exception".
4- If you absolutely must have a BB pm the receipt trick is the best. Buy the item at target, bring the receipt & the pic to BB CS & request the "one time exception". Tell them you "rather buy at BB as a loyal customer & $500 will help you reach elite plus" then show the pic + receipt then BE QUIET!!! At this point pushing will only hurt you UNLESS you are already cool with the people at CS. When you get the pm make sure you get names of the people that way next time you need help you`re already +1. And be sure to speak to them even when you don`t need them that way they know your face. Thus it`ll make you seem more like a loyal shopper even if you`re not in the stores as often as I am.

Over the last 2 yrs since all the BB doom & gloom CAG threads have been filled with people who`ve gotten the matches. For a big ticket item like a $500 system your odds are even better in your favor.

All of these BB`s have good track records with GC pm`s
King of Prussia PA BB - Both managers there are cool ask the gaming guys to locate one vs going to CS
Willow Grove PA BB - All 4 managers who do overrides are cool
Plymouth Meeting PA BB - I do alot here just bring the pic & console to CS usually a $10 minute process
Oxford Valley Mall PA BB - Same as Plymouth Meeting
Montgomeryville Mall PA BB - Speak with the gaming people, I think the manager is Jessica I know her when I see her sorry. If you`re GCU & have the pic she`ll match it. ***Talk to a manager 1st*** their reg. CS is spotty if you don`t know them. There`s also a cool gaming rep he`s big w/muscles can`t miss him. Talk to him 1st then let him get the manager he`s the type to do all the convincing for you.

For Both Blvd stores - I`ve gotten matches there before but it takes longer than at other stores 15-20 minutes usually vs 5-10 elsewhere
Columbus Blvd PA BB - 50/50 staff is so/so but if you`re GCU & flashing the cash pretty good
Roosevelt Blvd PA BB - Managers are cool, odds go up if you`re flashing the $500 though
Springfield PA BB - Show the gaming reps the pic 1st, there`s alot of Target`s near by which helps alot. I haven`t done alot of matches there 2/2 but their staff is better than mosts store.
Lawrenceville NJ BB -Great staff/managers they tend to match everyone since all stores are w/i 5 minutes just bring the pic + console to CS
BB 5 miles North of the Lawrenceville NJ BB - same as Lawrenceville store
Wilmington DE(Concord Pike/RT 202) BB - Amazing game reps(one is named Cloud from FF) speak with them 1st, store managers are more strict than most I generally can only get 1 match total vs several sets of games which won`t matter much since this is a system. Show the ad & ask for a 1 time exception.
Other Wilmington DE BB - Cool staff I haven`t matched there a ton I`d say goto the other DE`s stores instead if possible
Christiana Mall DE BB - Really cool staff/managers just goto CS with the pic & tell them "you`d rather buy it there since you`re either GCU or thinking of joining" usually 10 minutes or less in & out.

Personally I wouldnt consider titanfall a system seller when you can buy it on 360 and PC as well and it look the same on 360, that said titanfall is so much fun and I am glad we have an xbox one to play it on.

On topic my buddy bought one at target a few minutes ago and got the gift card no problems.

I love when I see these blatant hate posts on the x1. I have the ps4 and x1, personally my x1 gets a lot more playtime.

And titanfall is a system seller imho. Sony needs somethjng like that. Infamous pales in comparison big time.

I think this gen is off to a great start.
Yep, a game available on PC and 360 is definitely a system seller.

All these people talking about xbox losing sales and that why target is having a $50 gift card sell on it and that this sell means Microsoft is in trouble just cause one retailer is having a gift card promotion on it? If that the case then what does it say when playstation own manufacturer sony store had the playstation 4 for $400 plus another contoller ($60 value) for free plus either knack or killzone as a free game ($60 value) which is $120 off the Sony vs xbox only a $50 at target just saying this system debate is stupid all systems have there own pros and cons no system is 100% perfect

Has anyone notice that none of the Xbox One demo stations in stores work or even have the controller out? At least none in my area, all they do is loop the Xbox One sizzle trailer. The Kinect and the voice commands are the most important parts of the system and nobody can even demo it. While the PS4 demos at least allow you to play some games to get the feel of the controller.

The store demo systems don't have internet connections, so how are they going to demo Titanfall(online only game) when it launches?

I read the $399 Xbox One will be digital only with no disc drive..
Microsoft pretty much flat out denied that, so it's Microsoft's word over anonymous tipsters.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447949/reports-of-xbox-one-price-falling-to-399-are-false-says-ms/

I think Halo 2 Anniversary is true, but that's kind of a no brainer. The white X1 has some validity to it since The Verge posted it, and they're like the only ones you can remotely trust with rumors.

But yeah, haven't really seen any Kinect-less SKU rumors with any real meat behind it.

Has anyone notice that none of the Xbox One demo stations in stores work or even have the controller out? At least none in my area, all they do is loop the Xbox One sizzle trailer. The Kinect and the voice commands are the most important parts of the system and nobody can even demo it. While the PS4 demos at least allow you to play some games to get the feel of the controller.

The store demo systems don't have internet connections, so how are they going to demo Titanfall(online only game) when it launches?
No Xboxs around here have any way to actually play it. Ps4s do however along with vitas.

Microsoft pretty much flat out denied that, so it's Microsoft's word over anonymous tipsters.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447949/reports-of-xbox-one-price-falling-to-399-are-false-says-ms/

I think Halo 2 Anniversary is true, but that's kind of a no brainer. The white X1 has some validity to it since The Verge posted it, and they're like the only ones you can remotely trust with rumors.

But yeah, haven't really seen any Kinect-less SKU rumors with any real meat behind it.
Microsoft also said they wouldn't change their stance on Xbox One's "always on" policy. Remember how they couldn't just "flip a switch" because the Xbox One was built so much around the idea?

Hmm was going to Target to get the Keruing, played like 3 hours of Titanfall at a buddies yesterday. I was honestly underwhelmed at first, but the longer I played and got the hang of wall running and jumping got more addicted. Jumping of Halo with the call of duty athestic, plus giant friggen robots and wall running. It's a fun time. I can justify it by getting the coffee maker for $69 with the gift card. :beer:

I dont think MS will drop the Kinect anytime soon. They have said many times that it's part of the X1 experience and a major selling point for them.

Yep, a game available on PC and 360 is definitely a system seller.
Considering the 360 version is being made by a different dev, it could be a different game altogether. We won't know. It's delayed 2 weeks and since Respawn handed it off it'll be hard to emulate it.

Also yes it will be on PC. But everyone knows PC gamers do not care about anything console gamers like. They would rather post their specs and be into their steam sales. And good for them. They need something to get excited over.

They won't drop Kinect. If anything they will keep Kinect and cut the price by $50 soon. It will probably be $400 this holiday.

They have said a lot of things that they went back on.
You know what kills me? People that complained when MS first announced their policies and then complained about them switching their stance. I'm not saying you're one of those guys, I just think it's funny that people do this.

You know what kills me? People that complained when MS first announced their policies and then complained about them switching their stance. I'm not saying you're one of those guys, I just think it's funny that people do this.
I complained with the original policies and was happy they changed them. :D

I happen to like the Kinect, but I am still on the fence about this system..even the new update that came out before yesterday, people on twitter have been complaining about it so not sure what to think anymore. Not enough good games for either system right now, my PS4 is just collecting dust, I only turn it on from time to time to make sure it still works :) If Microsoft allowed you to add an external hard drive to add more space I would get it for sure

bread's done
Back