Ryse $39.99 digital via Xbox Live 2/18-2/24 - DLC Sale starts 2/25

hoofrog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
From official Xbox twitter:

Tomorrow through 2/24, download #Ryse Son of Rome [M] from #XboxLive for just $39.99. Daily deals on add-ons begin 2/25.

https://twitter.com/Xbox

EDIT:

Adding information from Xbox Wire:

To prepare gladiators for the arena, 10 days of sales on “Ryse: Son of Rome” content will be available in the Xbox Games Store. To kick things off, from Feb. 18 through Feb. 24, the Games on Demand version of “Ryse: Son of Rome” will go on sale for $39.99 USD. Afterwards, more “Ryse: Son of Rome” discounts will be announced each day between Feb. 25 and Feb. 27 via Major Nelson and Xbox Twitter and Facebook.

Discounts:

Feb 18-Feb 24 - Ryse $39.99

Feb 25 - TBA

Feb 26 - TBA

Feb 27 - TBA

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh first full game discount on Xbox one downloads from Microsoft.Not bad. Wish the game had a bit more depth but it was a fun 6ish hours. It can be had and enjoyed at a lower price though.

Thanks for heads up though

Not bad. I have been watching the digital codes on ebay and they constantly go higher than $40 (they usually go for more than the disc version). With the discount point cards I got, I may bite. Need something other than shooters to play.

If Gamestop was still doing the extra $10 for XB1 titles I would trade in my disc copy and go digital.
You can still get $30 at Best Buy this week. Base value is $15 and they are currently running 100% bonus in-store.

I am trying to go all digital for Xbox One (successfully thus far).

This can be had for around $35-40 on eBay. Play it, beat it, trade it in/sell it. This is the reason why I can't justify going all digital. You can get either some (or sometimes most, depending on the deal you got in on) of your money back after you've played through it.

Just my opinion anyhow.

Despite the reviews. I had a blast with this game, and Legendary mode is no joke. It's a great challenge.

This game is actually quite fun but I would almost be willing to bet that this is a free Games with Gold title eventually. 

More importantly, the game, while fun, can be beaten fairly quickly and you can find the disc version for about this price but be able to trade it back/sell it when done. 

I enjoyed the game but I'd advise against going digital. It's not really something that you'd likely want to keep and play often after beating.

Also it's probably a fairly large download, and do you really want to devote that much of your already limited hard drive to a game that could end up being the equivalent of Perfect Dark Zero or Kameo in the long term? (Not bashing those games, but they just don't really stack up to the 360 games that came much later)

This game is actually quite fun but I would almost be willing to bet that this is a free Games with Gold title eventually.

More importantly, the game, while fun, can be beaten fairly quickly and you can find the disc version for about this price but be able to trade it back/sell it when done.
They haven't introduced GwG for XBox One yet. I give it about 7-8 years until we'll see free XBox One games.

Game is fun. Still need to play it more though. The PS4 and PS3 backlog has been occupying my time lately.

Edit: Damnit, I just bought the Season Pass yesterday. *bangs forehead on desk*

According to IGN, this sale is Microsoft testing the digital pricing on Xbox One. The article relays tweets by Mike Ybarra, Studio Manager at Xbox, that this is in response to gamers asking for more competitive pricing digitally as compared to disc.

I am personally going to try the all digital route as much as I can (although I won't pay $60 digitally for something I can get for $40 disc based). Hopefully this will help limit this type of discrepancy. If this truly is a step in that direction, I will be purchasing Ryse digitally to help support their efforts.

IGN article: http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/17/cheaper-xbox-one-digital-prices-tested-by-microsoft

According to IGN, this sale is Microsoft testing the digital pricing on Xbox One. The article relays tweets by Mike Ybarra, Studio Manager at Xbox, that this is in response to gamers asking for more competitive pricing digitally as compared to disc.

I am personally going to try the all digital route as much as I can (although I won't pay $60 digitally for something I can get for $40 disc based). Hopefully this will help limit this type of discrepancy. If this truly is a step in that direction, I will be purchasing Ryse digitally to help support their efforts.

IGN article: http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/02/17/cheaper-xbox-Itss one-digital-prices-tested-by-microsoft
Its been available for this price on launch day going into the weeks leading up to the new year. Having a sale on a 2 month old game isnt really being competitive.Now if they were to launch a new game at that price, then that would be more of a big deal, but this really isnt.

Its been available for this price on launch day going into the weeks leading up to the new year. Having a sale on a 2 month old game isnt really being competitive.Now if they were to launch a new game at that price, then that would be more of a big deal, but this really isnt.
I agree that this is not a fantastic deal. I have seen the game a few times for $39.99 (possibly lower if your have GCU at Best Buy). However, the game is only 2 months old and Microsoft is attempting to test the waters for digital downloads. If they are using this to gauge how many people truly want to go digital, I am all for it. If successful, this may be a way to bring about cheaper launch deals in the future (as you suggested).

I think it's worth it at that price. I haven't played a lot of multiplayer but will probably pick up some dlc during this sale. If I didn't already have this digitally for free from M$ I would buy it.

Great price for a really good game, think it's been lower physically before but I still tip my hat at Microsoft trying.

Played game twice beating it on two different difficulties and collected everything, probably going to play it again after Titanfall beta ends it was just that good.

bread's done
Back