Wii U 32GB Black Deluxe Set w/ Super Mario U & Super Luigi U $259.99 at eBay (Buy)

It's amazing how fast these sell at $250-$260 w/ no tax and free shipping for most.

A $250 MSRP for the bundles would move a lot of units for Nintendo...

$260 seems to be the sweet spot for these bundles. Take note, Nintendo. Honestly though, they already did a price drop from $350, MSRP won't drop again soon. Sales like these are as good a price as you'll get until November.

I actually don't think a price cut to $250-260 for a bundle would move subtantially more consoles. Yes, when someone lists a limited quantity of bundles at such a price they sell out rapidly- because retail is $300.

If you slashed another $50 per bundle, I'd expect you might sell 5% more, but move lots closer to the point where systems are selling at a loss. I expect there's not a lot of will in the company to take another loss to subsidize user purchases.

You've already seen it mentioned in the thread- drop retail to $250-260 on a bundle and you're just going to sell slightly better and have people sit and wait for a bundle for $200-210.

At this point, I'd really expect Mario Kart and Smash Bros to do far more to move hardware than another price cut would.

I really keep contemplating picking up a Wii U but I never can pull the trigger. Especially with so many other available titles coming up like South Park, EDF 2025, Titanfall, Dark Souls 2 etc.. I just can't foresee me even having time for one.

I would bite in an instant however at a bundled 32gb at $200

I scored a Zelda bundle for $158 at Sam's Club last week. Highly YMMV, but they seem to be clearing their Wii U stock out for cheap nationwide, FYI.
That's sweet. I'll have to check this weekend when I am instore. I always check online but I always forget to double check when I am instore since we go almost every weekend.

I scored a Zelda bundle for $158 at Sam's Club last week. Highly YMMV, but they seem to be clearing their Wii U stock out for cheap nationwide, FYI.
I would snatch that up at that price without batting an eye.

What is their policy on Non-Members? I believe my grandfather has a membership but do not feel the need to bother him for a just in case scenario haha

What is their policy on Non-Members? I believe my grandfather has a membership but do not feel the need to bother him for a just in case scenario haha
10% surcharge I believe. If you scour the internet they often have free 1-day passes to non-members

10% surcharge I believe. If you scour the internet they often have free 1-day passes to non-members
10% extra on that steep of savings is doable.

I will try to just go to the Customer Service Desk and say I lost mine and give them my Grandpa's info and see what they do haha

That's sweet. I'll have to check this weekend when I am instore. I always check online but I always forget to double check when I am instore since we go almost every weekend.
Totally. Stock won't show online, and they probably won't even know what they have until you ask what's in the cage--my Zelda bundle was all dusty and neglected, sitting there among the PS3s and whatnot--and they'll be as surprised as you are when they ring up the price.

Non-members get charged an extra 10% (which is a pain, but not necessarily a deal-breaker on a $158 Wii U) and they need one of these: http://help.samsclub.com/ci/fattach/get/18078/0/filename/ITS+thru+March+2014.pdf

Or you could bother your gramps, then offer to play some Nintendo with him for his trouble. :p

Damn it! Was going to buy a WiiU for my brothers from CowBoom for either $200 or $230. I have a 10% off coupon from eBay though that would have made this $230~. Damn it all!

To be honest, I would do a decent memory Smash Bros. bundle Wii U for $240-$250 without batting an eyelash.

I can't imagine not getting that or a Wii U with no games for $200 later on this year though.

To be honest, I would do a decent memory Smash Bros. bundle Wii U for $240-$250 without batting an eyelash.

I can't imagine not getting that or a Wii U with no games for $200 later on this year though.
I keep telling people that the Wii U bundles keep going on sale but they keep calling me a troll.

I'm a little lost. Are you agreeing with me in sense, or think I should wait for something better?

Just curious!
Yes , I'm agreeing with you since you are talking about a new bundle with a new game instead of this bundle. I also agree with you on the $200 Deluxe Wii U without games. I guess we are both "trolls" :)

The Mario and Luigi bundle was $249.99 in November so if you get a Super Smash bros bundle at that price , I would think that's a better deal.

The Mario and Luigi bundle was on sale between $249.99 and $259.99 at least three times in the last few months and we've seen other sales on Wii U bundles as well as clearance deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price.  I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me.  I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months.  I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.

I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price. I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me. I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months. I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.
edit: most of the interesting games seem not to have a specific release date

edit: most of the interesting games seem not to have a specific release date
Wow.. you almost finished wind waker already? I got in on the same deal you did with Newegg via Ebay, and only just finished the first dungeon. I sold W101 and NG3 also, but bought Mario 3D World, which while I have barely touched, I know will get alot of play by me. Donkey Kong Country comes out next week. So far only ign has reviewed it, but it sounds really good too.

Dang, it ended already. These usually last most of a day, no?

I picked up the recent Wind Waker bundle with W101 and NG3 at the same price. I already sold W101 and NG3, since they didn't interest me. I don't necessarily regret my purchase, but I have no idea what I'm going to play on it for the next 6 months. I've already almost finished Wind Waker and Mario 3D Land, and outside of DKTF there's nothing else that interests me that has a confirmed release date.
There's easily a dozen great exclusive Wii U games to play, plus some "ultimate" editions of multiplatform titles, but unfortunately if you don't see anything you'd enjoy, there's little point in me recommending them.

New Super Mario Bros U is great. I like 3D World better, but NSMBU is the best 2D mario since Super Mario World IMO.

Pikmin 3 is well reviewed as well, but I've never played a game in the series. I wish they'd put out a demo for it.

I picked up that bundle, too. Love it. Got Super Luigi U and AC IV for it.

bread's done
Back