Wolfenstein: The New Order w/ Doom 4 Beta

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Wha?

1623782_10152005696281633_1462104779_n.jpg

Wolfenstein: The New Order Release Date RevealedAnd Doom 4 is on the way!

Wolfenstein: The New Order will be available on May 20 in North America, May 22 in Australia and May 23 in Europe according to an action-packed new trailer.

Bethesda's upcoming shooter will be available on PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC on that date, according to the video below.
I was looking forward to Wolfenstein: The New Order but now I'm pre-ordering!

I plan to buy it on xbox live since i have some extra credit to use. Im guessing it will be in the 7s. It looks like it has potential.

My birthday is less than a week away, and I mentioned that I thought this game looked interesting to both my wife and my brother, so we'll see.  Hopefully I'll be blasting some Nazis this weekend.

I'll see how I feel after work tomorrow and I might go pick up my BBY preorder, it would be nice to get that $20 certificate before the 27th, but I dont see that happening.

I'm still shocked to see a Doom 4 Beta inclusion with this and I don't know I wish this wasn't so close to Watch Dogs' release.

I dont know if its because im currently also playing the utter brokenness of Borderlands 2 Vita (15-20 fps even in the menus, crashes if more than 5 effects are going on at the same time, etc) but I am really enjoying this game. 

I've been piecing it out one mission at a time every couple hours but I definitely plan on sticking with this game to the end. 

Update (Also did The Darkness)
I hear the same people that made Escape from Butcher Bay made this; hmmm, I am generally more interested all of sudden lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
The reviews I've read have been very good. Game informer, egm and xboxachievements......all 80+. This one wasn't in my radar but it is now.

I've been having a lot of fun with it the last few days. Hell, I'll probably do a second play through just to track down the collectables that I missed. Definitely better than I was expecting, the Doom beta and a buttload of amazon credit is the main reason I grabbed it.

I wish I could play it....I have it in my possession, but my XBOX ONE broke...will not read discs. Stopped Tuesday, called MS, and they have yet to do anything about it as they said their system is not working.  3 days later....nothing.

I played about half way through and its solid. It's not a game I will want to go back and play but enjoyable enough to play through once.

Really good if you just want a filler until Watch Dogs comes out. Probably about 10-12 hours at a leisure pace. 20ish hours for collectible and uber runs. 8 for a quick run.

Yeah that's what I figured. DR3 is gonna be my filler unfirtunately. Thanks for the impressions. Hate to say it but I wish Wolfenstein: The New Order had multiplayer, im thinking id Tech 5 would be great for it.

I played about half way through and its solid. It's not a game I will want to go back and play but enjoyable enough to play through once.

Really good if you just want a filler until Watch Dogs comes out. Probably about 10-12 hours at a leisure pace. 20ish hours for collectible and uber runs. 8 for a quick run.
That's one of the reasons I picked it up, besides really wanting to play it. I also didn't have to hesitate since I essentially got it for $23+tax after you figure the 20% off GCU, $20 BBY RZC and $5 eGC. Plus I'm sure I'll be ahead after I trade it in next week (unless Target gets it in their system before close tomorrow).

As for the game, I'm thinking I'm just about 1/3 through it, and I'm really enjoying it. The gun fights/enemies really remind me of F.E.A.R.

The one thing that is really annoying me is that a sub machine gun has much less kick then an AR. When I first pulled the AR I thought I did something wrong. I did later figure out I can switch to single shot, but they overdid the recoil on auto

The one thing that is really annoying me is that a sub machine gun has much less kick then an AR. When I first pulled the AR I thought I did something wrong. I did later figure out I can switch to single shot, but they overdid the recoil on auto
Well with previous games being RAGE that statement doesn't surprise me.

Having a lot more fun with this than I thought I would! Currently on chapter 11 or so. Nothing amazingly out if the ordinary but the story, weapons and general "feeling" of the game are all above average in my opinion.

I just started playing through today.  I'm also pleasantly surprised at how good it is.  Ultimately it's still an FPS and only so much can be done with an FPS IMO but it still surprises me it's as fun as it is.  I'm really glad they didn't go the 2 guns only COD route like so many shooters do nowadays.

Just beat it...not too sure how I feel about the ending. Semi tempted to play it using the second storyline but not sure how much that actually impacts the game. Gonna trade it in this week though because it's worth like $38 at BBY.

Been playing this on PS4 and on chapter 11 now. Nothing wonderful but a fun game. Will trade for $38 at BB this week and then maybe rebuy at sub $10 down the road.

Terrible game.
Forced to kill dogs, too short, too easy, not enough is different in the 2nd timeline/story mode, no mp save for the doom beta, classic hallways of death with no branching gameplay, and overall just not interesting. Why does this take more than 50GB of disk space? Feckin ridiculous.

Terrible game.
Forced to kill dogs, too short, too easy, not enough is different in the 2nd timeline/story mode, no mp save for the doom beta, classic hallways of death with no branching gameplay, and overall just not interesting. Why does this take more than 50GB of disk space? Feckin ridiculous.
You should play it on Uber that would probably solve your complaint about being to easy and the length. Uber definitely isn't the hardest ever but you're not gonna just blast right through either. I'm about 9 hours in and only a little over halfway through. Most FPS I've played are done and over with in about 6-8 hours and this one looks like it's gonna take me 15 or so.

I've finally got a chance to play it this weekend (my XBOX ONE was finally shipped to me).  I'm having a good time with it.  Probably put about 6 hours into it.  Read it's between 12-15 depending on what you do.  I think I'm on CH.7 of 16.  I hope to finish it this week, then get back into Watch_Dogs and MLB 14 and Titanfall.  Hopefully trade value holds for a week or two.

Not sure about the trade value but you can resell on ebay for atleast half what you bought it for.  more than any trade in

Terrible game.
Lol'd at the killed dogs part. Brb mutant nazi mechanical dogs of evil...

#peta

Lol'd at the killed dogs part. Brb mutant nazi mechanical dogs of evil...

#peta
It must be ok to kill evil people, not evil dogs...haha.

I finished last night also. I thought the game was ok....I played on easier because I wanted to roll through it and trade back in. Enjoyable.

Same reason I hate CoD games after modern warfare. What's the point in forcing me to kill a dog? It's bullshit. In Wolf, the Nazis win so why not have lions from the African campaign? That's certainly more terrifying.
I don't mind the mechanical ones, it's the kamphunden (armored normal dog) that piss me off.

Mainly hard to please Spy.

You are constantly killing people.  Genocidal amounts of people in games like this but you have a problem with killing a few dogs.  That's some messed up priorities right there, aside from the fact it's a video game so it doesn't matter what you have to kill.

bread's done
Back