Free digital [steam key] version of Thief: Gold (1998)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR GETTING THIS ON STEAM:

You will need an Amazon account.

1. Go to https://www.thiefmodcompetition.com/ and enter in your Name and E-mail, check the 'I agree' box, and click Submit.
    This will generate an Amazon promo code that you can use on a digital copy of Thief Gold. Save this code!
    (You may be able to use bogus Name/Email data, or use a Mailinator)
  2. Go to http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009IXL5FO/ref=dsvrt_review_asin_detail and add it to your cart. Go to checkout.
  3. In the box labeled "Gift Codes & Promotions" enter in the code that was generated in Step #1.
    This will drop the price from $6.99 to $0.00
  4. Complete the checkout process as normal.
  5. At the "Thank You For Your Order" page after checkout, click the "Start download" button.
    This will download a file named " Thief_Gold_Downloader.exe " from Amazon.com. It's a very small file -- 1,030KB
  6. Run the file Thief_Gold_Downloader.exe
    All this file does is download 2 HTML files to C:\Users\\Desktop\Thief Gold (Download)\
  7. Now you can either click "View Keys" button on the Amazon Downloader window, or open "C:\Users\\Desktop\Thief Gold (Download)\Thief Gold (Download) Keys.html" manually.
  8. This file will have your Thief Gold CDKey, which you can then activate in the Steam desktop client, and viola! Enjoy your free copy of Thief Gold!

Thanks OP!

Thank you muchly, -_-!

Also, while I didn't need it, I have to commend stryk187 for bothering to write that out for people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Worked very nice :3 grabbed a code for me and one for my mate :3

I also had the "codes are gone" problem, but when I tryed again a couple of minutes later it worked ;)

Just got one here, thanks OP.  BTW, you don't even need to download to get the steam key.  In the email Amazon sends after purchase, copy/paste the "product code" into Steams game activation.

Thank you Stryk187 for the detailed instructions, I was in a hurry and it was late. I hope they restock so everyone can get a key. Keep trying.

Game Downloads are only available to US customers

Bastards :(

Hopefully somekind of proxy will work^^

edit:if you are from EU like me just change your adress location to US and it will work :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a code but when I go to the Amazon page for the game to add it to my card, it says it's currently unavailable. D:

bread's done
Back