Fry's - DualShock 3 Wireless Controller with FREE The Last of Us (Both for $39.99)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
I know fidodido posts the Fry's ad but thought this was a solid deal that deserved it's own thread. It's not live yet but per the weekly ad: DualShock 3 Wireless Controller (Available in 7 colors) with FREE The Last of Us (Both for $39.99). Here is a link to the Ad

Would've missed it otherwise, thanks for posting! Nice deal. I sold TLOU awhile back so definitely biting on this.

You could probably get $15 for TLOU at gamestop, they are still selling it for $54.99 used, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Just so happens I need both of these! Definitely in when it goes live. Awesome deal, thanks for the heads up!

Any halfway decent Fry's deal that is online too tends to sell out within the first few hours of going live Friday morning. If you're interested I would say buy it now think later

Damn, too bad I don't need/want either (already have the game and don't need any controllers). Oh well, sweet deal for those who can take advantage. 

damn just bought TLOU from BB a week ago. any chance I can get them to match this offer and sell me a dual shock for $10?
buy this bundle and return the new copy of TLOU to BB if you still have the receipt or they can find it with your phone number.

One of my dualshock 3 controllers just broke too.

Good timing.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

Wonder of the ds3 will finally have a permanent price drop to 24.99 or something. This is a good deal though.

No Frys nearby. Hope it goes online... Wonder what time?

Beginning to wonder if this will perhaps not work on the Frys.com website... Saints Row IV is already showing its sale price from the ad, and clicking it on the ad links you to the game, but nothing shows up when you click the TLOU/DS3 combo. Even if you add both items to the cart separately, it doesn't give any kind of a discount either.

As someone with no local Fry's store, it would be pretty disappointing to miss this.

Been waiting all night just in case it went live and nothing. So disappointed now that it seems to be in store only. Closest Fry's to me is 30 minutes away but I am too lazy to drive there. God damn it Fry's I hope their crappy ass store close down.

Hmmm, tempting. I don't need another controller, but it can be nice to have one. I feel like TLOU will be free on ps+ at some point though.

It wouldn't appear that this is online, unfortunately. I added both to my cart but there's not discount applied. If anybody finds different let us know how.

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically.  I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ .  I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card.  You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle.  Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.  

Bring a copy of the ad or use your smartphone to show the ad.  http://www.frys.com/ads/page16

It starts with 8015---

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically. I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ . I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card. You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle. Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.
Well that sucks. Sounds like there isn't much hope of this working online.

I just got back from the store...the bundle is not on the system automatically. I brought the controller and the game to the cashier and it came up as $120+ . I had to tell them it was a bundle and they had to go to the gaming section and look for the bundle price card. You have to get the PLU# which accounts the two as a bundle. Look for the yellow card that says dualshock 3 bundle $39.99.

Bring a copy of the ad or use your smartphone to show the ad. http://www.frys.com/ads/page16

It starts with 8015---
We're you able to choose what color controller you want?

We're you able to choose what color controller you want?
Yep, I wanted blue but it was a taped up return. Then I decided I wanted pink for player 2, but it looked like they tossed it around in place of a football. So I went digi camo. There are bundle cards for each color.

Yep, I wanted blue but it was a taped up return. Then I decided I wanted pink for player 2, but it looked like they tossed it around in place of a football. So I went digi camo. There are bundle cards for each color.
Cool, thanks. Hopefully they have gold when I stop by after work.

A couple tips:

• There was a counter (non-checkout) in front of the gaming department that printed up a sheet to present to the cashier.  Without it, you'll have to somehow prove the deal is live, and possibly have issues.
  • The receipt shows that TLoU = $20.87 and the DS3 = $19.12.  I'm not sure of their policy, but it appears that you could return one or the other for that price.
  • My Fry's (Phoenix AZ, Baseline) had plenty of controllers (all colors) but I only saw a handful of TLoU.

back from the CA fountain valley location. as of 11 30 am, they had basically every color and 5 last of us left. thanks again OP, got a blue DS3 and am now trying to selling last of us for $30 on craigslist.

back from the CA fountain valley location. as of 11 30 am, they had basically every color and 5 last of us left. thanks again OP, got a blue DS3 and am now trying to selling last of us for $30 on craigslist.
you too I went and they still had a couple of them I got a gold one

bread's done
Back