Groupon: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (Xbox 360) $12.99, Star Fox 64 3D $19.99

StarFox been $16 shipped at gohastings more than a few times now...just gotta wait for their 50% off deals...

...and you don't have to wait 2 months for a game from Groupon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Got both. BestBuy, Groupon and TRU are really stepping up the deals. Amazon hasn't impressed me much lately. :eek: but at least I can earn gift cards for free.

Never done a groupon deal for a physical video game before. What's the shipping like? Does it take forever? How does it work?

I am curious too...I doubt BB would PM this.
I think this was clearanced out at BB awhile ago and at a higher price point (I guess transformers is still very popular or the movie had something to do with that). All my BBs are showing out of stock (though I thought I had seen one somewhere but that might have been a used copy). I know my Walmarts and Targets have it, but I don't think they'd PM groupon. I think Fry's would, but I don't feel like going all the way to Fry's.

This fucking deal has turned into a headache. After these two purchases I don't think I'll ever do business with groupon again. I hope their stock tanks. In my mind, their value has plummeted to scam artists of the old wild web that would take advantage of you when you searched for a store without reviews. Somehow I wasn't able to get the purchase to go through and it kept saying failed. Then it went through, and they charged me multiple times for multiple items. Their website isn't simple and intuitive, but glitchy as fuck and definitely a real pain in the ass. I tried canceling all the orders to start anew, but somehow one of the cards I tried still ended up being charged and I haven't been refunded the money (I thought it was refunded). Now there is no one to talk to at a "retailer" because they close shop on the weekends and let the site be fully automated or something. This is impossible and shouldn't be. I can understood to call between certain hours, but if you're going to keep your shop open then at least have someone to email or 24/7 chat. This is beyond frustrating. The lack of customer service is appalling. I still ended up purchasing what I think is just a single copy of each game, but I still have to dispute or have them reverse the charge from a different card (I thought maybe the card might be the issue). I will never do a deal with groupon again and would urge others not to. A misleading company with a bad technical website shouldn't be posted on CAG. I can only hope and pray now that it won't take long for the games to get here and that they aren't damaged, etc. I should have done more research instead of trusting what I thought was a legit company/retailer with a big reputation and stock that is publicly traded on a stock market. Really, at this point the $3 I am saving over what Amazon is selling it for just isn't worth the headache this has turned into.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back