What Tracks Work with Rock Band Blitz

Spybreak8

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I recently grabbed Rock Band Blitz because of the sale and I have Rock Band 2. Although I didn't see any of the tracks from Rock Band 2. Did see Rock Band 3 prominently displayed, do I have to get Rock Band 3? A mainly Guitar Hero guy asking.

Been a while since I played Rock Band, but I'm 99% sure on this.

For exporting Rock Band 2, on the back of the manual, there should be a code to download 20 bonus songs. That code should also allow you to export your RB2 tracks into RB3. If you don't have a manual (or the code was redeemed), you can instead purchase a downloadable key for $10.

That said, To export from RB2, you have to own RB 3 since in the menus there was an option to export songs from 2.

RB3 is worth it however. Since you own Blitz, you can use those songs in RB3 as well. The reverse is not true in the sense that RB3 songs do not work in Blitz (since there's no way to export RB3 songs).

For any of the other Rock Band titles:

Rock Band 1 - Requires the disc and $5. There's no free code for the first game.

Rock Band "Track Packs" - Requires a code which is in the case. Discs were findable in the past (new) for roughly $5.

Lego Rock Band / Green Day - Never owned these, but I presume they work the same way as RB2.

Also of note, there are a few songs from RB1 and RB2 which will not work in RB3. Wasn't any more than 10 songs and mainly consisted of Red Hot Chili Peppers, Soundgarden, covers of two or three bands (although I believe the real versions of all those songs are available as DLC). Only other one I recall off hand was Hier Kommt Alex by Die Toten Hosen.

All RB 1, 2 and 3 DLC work in RB Blitz natively.  (the packs and individual songs have also been cheap since the permanent price cut last year)

RB 1 and 2 on disc songs have to be imported as described above and then they will work with Blizt and RB3 (minus the 3 tracks lost from RB1 and 5 lost from RB2)

Ahh OK, thanks for the feedback folks, looks like I need to pick up Rock Band 3. I do have the manual for Rock Band 2 though so that's good. I ran into this with the Guitar Hero series and didn't want to pony up the fee so I'm glad to hear it's free to transfer RB2 songs into RB3.

Just for completeness sake, yes, all Green Day and Lego tracks work in Blitz. Beatles and Rock Band 3 disc tracks do not (no way to export either game).

Also, if you export RB1, they actually do let you use the previously unplayable RHCP and Soundgarden tracks. At some point along the way the deal with Activision ran out, so they became available in RB3/Blitz again.

Ahh OK, thanks for the feedback folks, looks like I need to pick up Rock Band 3. I do have the manual for Rock Band 2 though so that's good. I ran into this with the Guitar Hero series and didn't want to pony up the fee so I'm glad to hear it's free to transfer RB2 songs into RB3.
It's not free, there's a fee, $5 or $10.

bread's done
Back