* * * * - 18 votes

Free Digital Pokemon Y or Pokemon X on Club Nintendo by Registering Hardware and Game (Ended)

#61 zyk  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Side question: it seems most people picked Pokemon Y over X; any particular reason?

The Y Legendary is cooler thats why =P

THeres really no difference between the two except for version exclusive Pokemon

#62 SevereTireDamage   Broken-$$$$ed CAGiversary!   1970 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

SevereTireDamage

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

I never registered the 3DS system I got in December (though I did do all the Club Nintendo stuff - my digital purchases are on there already), so I'll probably get SMB 3D Land. Nice deal. 

#63 CAiNiAC   ~Baby got Backlog~ CAGiversary!   5091 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

:D/

THeres really no difference between the two except for version exclusive Pokemon

Xernias trumps Yvetal in combat.

#64 Rychy   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   153 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

Oh, this could really work for me. I don't have a 3DS yet, but I've been buying 3DS games when they're on sale. I have a sealed copy of Donkey Kong Country. If there's a good deal on the 3DS by the end of March, I might finally pick it up. 

#65 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   3202 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

So this is like what they did last year around the Pikachu release? I dont think I have a 3DS to register.

#66 machinematrix   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   76 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

machinematrix

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

Mine's been registered for a while but had gotten Pokemon Y with a price match and ad good for like $20 a while back so I don't feel terrible

#67 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, good luck with that.  When my CN account mysteriously disappeared Nintendo was too incompetent to fix that.  And when my friend's 3DS was stolen, even after he made an ass of himself detailing it in the police report, Nintendo was too incompetent to restore his digital games on his new system from his CN account.  So if you can squeeze a free game code out of them even though this is very clearly not aimed at existing customers, then I'll be truly impressed.  Those are some mad bitching skills :bow:  

I think Nintendo perpetually thinks people are trying to rip them off.  That's why they don't have digital purchases tied to accounts, but tie those purchases to hardware only.  They figure people will buy a system, download a bunch of games, then sell the system (with all the games included), then buy a new system and do the same thing again.  They really just don't trust their customers at all.

End result:  no one should buy any digital content from Nintendo until they change their policy, to be more in line with the industry.  Vote with your wallet, and maybe (someday) they'll get the message.  Lord knows, by now they should have woken up to this issue, but they move very, very slowly when it comes to even routine gaming expectations.

#68 dreamer131313  

dreamer131313

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

I think Nintendo perpetually thinks people are trying to rip them off. That's why they don't have digital purchases tied to accounts, but tie those purchases to hardware only. They figure people will buy a system, download a bunch of games, then sell the system (with all the games included), then buy a new system and do the same thing again. They really just don't trust their customers at all.

End result: no one should buy any digital content from Nintendo until they change their policy, to be more in line with the industry. Vote with your wallet, and maybe (someday) they'll get the message. Lord knows, by now they should have woken up to this issue, but they move very, very slowly when it comes to even routine gaming expectations.

Wow so wrong you do realize that digital purchases are tied to your nintendo network id right? It not tied to hardware no more they changed that awhile back nice to see you updated though

#69 SEGAMew   Sonic Obsessed CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 10.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Mega Charizard Y > Mega Charizard X

Mega Mewtwo Y > Mega Mewtwo X

Red version > Blue version

#70 Owlmanus   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   382 Posts   Joined 10.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

what if my console is already registered?

#71 Greenboom98   End Of Time traveler CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Greenboom98

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

Interesting... well I do own both X & Y and haven't registered my Zelda 3DS XL yet. Just like last time, I didn't registered it. Think last time I got Layton since I owned pretty much everything on that previous list. Wish I could get Yoshi's New Island [wished it was hand drawn animation like previous titles but that's a different story]. Anyways, since I'm playing Y currently, I guess I could go with X if anything. I really don't like digital games at all. Currently have Mario Kart 7 which I don't mind because I like to play it every now and then.Got the blue 3DS w/Mario Kart 2 years ago & Layton last spring. Now another one, oh well... If I learned anything about Nintendo, is to wait. This year I already reached platinum though... used enough coins to get the Luigi Statue when it was available for preorder. Isn't that supposed to be shipped soon? Could've sworn it said March... hmn...

#72 Greenboom98   End Of Time traveler CAGiversary!   680 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Greenboom98

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

what if my console is already registered?

You're pretty much screwed over. If for some reason you registered it by 2/28, you won't qualified. I know it sucks.

#73 jetsetmario   I hate fun. CAGiversary!   120 Posts   Joined 17.4 Years Ago  

jetsetmario

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

Wow so wrong you do realize that digital purchases are tied to your nintendo network id right? It not tied to hardware no more they changed that awhile back nice to see you updated though

Wrong.

• The Nintendo Network ID only combines your wallet from your 3ds and WiiU accounts into one.
  • It does not allow you retreive your purchases on a new system. 
  • If you lose, sell, or have your 3ds or WiiU stolen all of your games are gone.  You can not redownload them to a new system. 
  • In fact if you lose, sell, or have your 3ds or Wii U stolen you cannot even recover your Nintendo Network ID on a new system.

#74 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

No, you're wrong!

http://www.engadget....ii-u-ecosystem/

#75 Lulgasms   Resident Xbone hater CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

No actually they cleaned up DRM. It IS tied to your nintendo account. Zelda ALBTW is linked to my account. Not my XL.

#76 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

No actually they cleaned up DRM. It IS tied to your nintendo account. Zelda ALBTW is linked to my account. Not my XL.

No, you're wrong.

Ever buy an Xbox Live game? You probably know that purchase is tied to your Xbox Live account, and will be available on any subsequent Xbox you purchase. Not in Nintendo's world; Kyoto's digital sales are tied to the gaming hardware, not the user's account. It's been a sore spot for Nintendo gamers for some time now, and the Wii U was the company's chance to make amends -- except it didn't. Like its predecessors, the new console locks content to the device it was originally purchased on, imprisoning digital purchases in a physical cage. The Wii U takes content confinement a step further with its support for legacy software, providing a near-perfect example of the folly of Nintendo's content ownership philosophy: the isolated sandbox of its backwards-compatible Wii Menu.

#77 Lulgasms   Resident Xbone hater CAGiversary!   1021 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:08 PM

Not about to get in a argument. Please use most CURRENT evidence. Not articles before next gen was released.

#78 iPadGamer   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   31 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Sorry for the total noob question. I just got my 3ds xl last week and created a club nintendo account. Thankfully it was such a mess I didn't really bother to register the 3ds. But iirc, I did enter that club nintendo account details somewhere in my 3ds settings. Did that register my 3ds xl with the club nintendo already?

Also, if it helps, My current club nintendo coin status is 0 (zero). I bought two games on eshop on my 3ds and it shows up there (in my account on club nintendo.com) with some sort of option to register those for 5-10 coins.

Is my system still not registered (yay)? Or am I screwed???

#79 BudzMcGee   GalaxyofGeek.com CAGiversary!   3852 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

No, you're wrong.

So your proof that he is wrong about a change that Nintendo made a month or two ago is an article written a year ago?

That's like the angry Playstation fan boy who told me last month that I can't resell my Xbox One games... 

#80 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

So your proof that he is wrong about a change that Nintendo made a month or two ago is an article written a year ago?

Nothing has changed! Show me YOUR proof thay Nintendo allows recovery of digital purchases to a new console? Take your time, no big rush.

EDIT: And please don't assume that the recent change which unifies NNIDS for users changed anything about their policy of tying digital purchases to hardware, because it didn't. You still can't restore your purchases (made on a different console) to a new one!

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

I think Nintendo perpetually thinks people are trying to rip them off.  That's why they don't have digital purchases tied to accounts, but tie those purchases to hardware only.  They figure people will buy a system, download a bunch of games, then sell the system (with all the games included), then buy a new system and do the same thing again.  They really just don't trust their customers at all.

End result:  no one should buy any digital content from Nintendo until they change their policy, to be more in line with the industry.  Vote with your wallet, and maybe (someday) they'll get the message.  Lord knows, by now they should have woken up to this issue, but they move very, very slowly when it comes to even routine gaming expectations.

Agreed fully, I try to avoid the eshop whenever possible, only buying stuff when I get cards as Xmas/Bday gifts.  I did give in during that Best Buy sale when the cards were 20% off and they were giving away $15 gift cards for every $100 spent though  :oops:.  I guess I'll end up spending that on ACIII DLC or something...... 

That's like the angry Playstation fan boy who told me last month that I can't resell my Xbox One games... 

While the article might be outdated, I can confirm that you cannot redownload games on a new 3DS or WiiU.  You have a 5 limit transfer on 3DS and once you use that up it's done for good.  If you sell a 3DS then later buy a new one you are SOL.  And WiiU doesn't even have that; it's identical to the Wii.  Last month's update did little more than combine the 3DS/WiiU wallets as far as the eshop goes.

#82 EvilMakiPR  

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:29 PM

#83 irishsoccermbw   Banned Banned   6423 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

irishsoccermbw

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Time to register my pink 3ds XL, thanks again Kmart!!!

#84 needler420   car title is lost CAGiversary!   2492 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:34 PM

Im not watching a 15 minute video. Show a credible source from Nintendo because right now a general consenus says its tied to the hardware and not the account.

#85 EvilMakiPR  

EvilMakiPR

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

Im not watching a 15 minute video. Show a credible source from Nintendo because right now a general consenus says its tied to the hardware and not the account.

Thats my video and the digital games are indeed attached to the account. Watched the video. Dont be too lazy. 

#86 joshnorm   Hey, Wha Happen.. CAGiversary!   2611 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

Thats my video and the digital games are indeed attached to the account. Watched the video. Dont be too lazy. 

Don't post a 15 minute video.  Edit that down, you dont be too lazy

Guest_rcerboss_*

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Would you please be kind enough to post step by step, detailed instructions on how I can get my eshop purchases on a 3DS?  Or at least link to a site that has them?  I have someone chomping at the bit to get ahold of my Aqua Blue 3DS and with the cash from selling it combined with what's in my swear jar I can pick up a shiny new 3DS XL.  Hell, I wouldn't mind holding onto my 3DS as a portable and keeping the 3DS XL to play at home.  But, as far as I can tell, my digital purchases are locked to one device, and if I can't share my ambassador/digital games with both systems then it's certainly not worth the extra expense.  As far as I can tell, I can only transfer them back and fourth 5 times, after which they get stuck.  But since this has changed this will solve all my problems!

Thanks for the help 

:lol:

Spoiler

#88 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16833 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:48 PM

Nothing has changed! Show me YOUR proof thay Nintendo allows recovery of digital purchases to a new console? Take your time, no big rush.

EDIT: And please don't assume that the recent change which unifies NNIDS for users changed anything about their policy of tying digital purchases to hardware, because it didn't. You still can't restore your purchases (made on a different console) to a new one!

Seriously dude, it's time to stop trolling every nintendo thread.   All the regulars are sick of it.

#89 EldritchOnRye   Flim Flam Argle Bargle CAGiversary!   36695 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

EldritchOnRye

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Next he's going to tell you that some french fries opened a store and are selling electronics.

#90 chimpmeister   Hates gimmicks CAGiversary!   4012 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

chimpmeister

Posted 21 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Seriously dude, it's time to stop trolling every nintendo thread. All the regulars are sick of it.

If you have nothing pertinent to post, why not just keep your mouth shut? You didn't add anything to the discussion at hand, as usual. No big surprise!