The Venture Brothers: Season 5 $21.99 DVD $16.99

The Grand Master $14.99 DVD $12.99

Gravity (3D Blu+Blu+DVD+UV) $27.99

Gravity (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99

Purchase select titles, get $8 movie cash towards 300: Rise of an Empire

300 Blu-Ray $9.99 DVD $4.99

Clash of the Titans Blu-Ray $9.99 DVD $6.99

New Release available available Friday 3/7

Get both the Hunger Games & The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Steelbooks together for $27.99

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Best Buy exclusive steelbook (Blu+DVD+UV) $22.99 DVD+UV $17.99

The Hunger Games Best Buy exclusive steelbook (Blu+UV) $17.99

Receive $8 in fandango cash towards Divergent with purchase of either steelbook (movie in theaters 3/21/2014

Buy one Get one free on select $9.99 Blu-Rays, titles include

The Amazing Spider-Man

21 Jump Street

Looper 

Total Recall

Dead Man Down

Evil Dead

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

Monty Python & the Holy Grail

Credit to BainBridge's_Stache

Last edited by a moderator:
i got looper and spiderman for 5$ each at bestbuy a few weeks ago so that b1g1 free deal is useless to me. that is unless there will.be more titles with this sale than just the ones listed here

Both Hunger Games steel for $28 is a great deal. I will be picking those up. I liked the first film but never picked it up but holy crap I was really surprised how great Catching Fire was.

is there a way to order both Hunger Games and Catching Fire steelbooks online for the sale price?  or do u have to go to the store?

is there a way to order both Hunger Games and Catching Fire steelbooks online for the sale price? or do u have to go to the store?
Do an in-store pickup order when the release date hits, which should be about 12AM - 2AM CT on Friday morning (yes, they release on Friday), then you should be OK. If you'd rather have it shipped, the prices should go live earlier than the release date, though the package deal might not be live until release date.

My suggestion would be to check late Monday night / early Tuesday morning and then again on late Thursday night / early Friday morning.

Do an in-store pickup order when the release date hits, which should be about 12AM - 2AM CT on Friday morning (yes, they release on Friday), then you should be OK. If you'd rather have it shipped, the prices should go live earlier than the release date, though the package deal might not be live until release date.

My suggestion would be to check late Monday night / early Tuesday morning and then again on late Thursday night / early Friday morning.
Thank you very much for the advice. :D

Nothing so far on the two item pages for the Hunger Games steelbooks, so the deal to buy both at $27.99 looks like it probably won't go live until the title "releases" for in-store pickup at 12AM - 2AM CT Friday morning.

In-store pickup won't go live until the title "releases" in the Best Buy system, which should be between 12AM - 2AM CT on Friday the 7th.

If you order it now, you won't get the "buy both for $27.99" deal and may have more than a little pain in the backside getting Best Buy to do a correction, as some reps won't adjust prices out of ignorance.

Wait until the early morning on the 7th and you should be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrike how do you figure if you order now you wont get the deal. The 2 stealbooks together for the 27.99 have there own page. I placed my order for shipping with no issues.

Note: Venture Bros. season 5 is in the online ad.

DVD version is $16.99.

Searched for the Bluray version on the site, shows on sale for $21.99.

I'm hoping there is a copy in the store, if not I'll order online or hit up Amazon.

Anybody have a link to what the steelbooks look like (other than the front).  I'm interested, but the covers aren't exactly screaming awesome to me.  Would really suck if there's no inner artwork.

Does anyone know if I'll still get the Divergent Fandango cash if I order the Hunger Games steelbooks online?  The screen shots show it on there, but I just wanted to check

Wasn't planning on getting Hunger Games but that's a great deal on the steelbooks - might bite when I go to [definitely] pick up 12 Years a Slave. And I'd love to pick up Spider-man but I don't have a second pick. Well, I was interested in two of those movies until I realized it was probably the newer ones.

Gah... I forgot about ordering once this went live. Looks like it is OOS? or at least that I cannot order it right now. That sucks. Will be a mad dash to the store Friday morning.

The $27.99 combo is no longer listed on the website.
Both the steelbooks were removed from my Wish List I had for them, so it's up in the air of what happens with them. Certainly not orderable, if they're gone.

I missed out on this. Does anybody know if they will be in store also?
It's in the ad, so they have to honor it. It didn't say "online only" on the ad, so it's something that is in-store as well.

Link to the in-store ad:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies+amp+music

If you go to the online ad, it shows the two steelbooks and a notation about the bundle price.

SKU # for the HG: CF steelbook is SKU: 3896251 (Model: A045207) and the SKU # for the HG steelbook is SKU: 3896279 (Model: A045208).

Both the steelbooks were removed from my Wish List I had for them, so it's up in the air of what happens with them. Certainly not orderable, if they're gone.

It's in the ad, so they have to honor it. It didn't say "online only" on the ad, so it's something that is in-store as well.

Link to the in-store ad:

http://deals.bestbuy.com/#!/movies+amp+music

If you go to the online ad, it shows the two steelbooks and a notation about the bundle price.

SKU # for the HG: CF steelbook is SKU: 3896251 (Model: A045207) and the SKU # for the HG steelbook is SKU: 3896279 (Model: A045208).
Thanks for that shrike! I will be heading out to my local Best Buy Friday morning and hopefully they will have them available. Are the steelbooks normally very limited in supply, like 1 or 2 per store, or is there more than that?

Thanks for that shrike! I will be heading out to my local Best Buy Friday morning and hopefully they will have them available. Are the steelbooks normally very limited in supply, like 1 or 2 per store, or is there more than that?
Be there before open and wait for the store to open, to make sure you have a chance at one.

If it's any fiasco like the Thor steelbook mess, you may have to beeline right to the display (there should be a cardboard display of some kind) and grab what you need. Pretty much every CAG ran across hoarders picking up numerous copies to resell, so unless you're there at open, you might get stiffed.

It's what I'm doing since in-store pickup seemed borked for two releases in a row, like they did with Thor. However, one CAG did post about some supposed allocation amounts per store in the higher double-digit range, so we'll see when Friday rolls around.

Goddammit, I knew I should have preordered when the deal was active online. I was just waiting for the in-store pickup option that never came.

Went to the Best Buy today and they actually had the DVD and bluray version of Venture Bros. s5 at $21.99.

Glad I didn't have to go all over looking for it!

Anyone who is interested in getting both of the Hunger Games steelbooks dont make the same mistake everyone did with the Thor steelbooks and get to the store early there is very limited copies of the first movie steels.

It is, but it's kinda worthless because it's "sold out online." I'll be monitoring it closely to see if that changes, but I'm not optimistic.
This is the same crap as the Thor steelbook, all over again.

Hopefully store pickup becomes an option when Friday rolls around
It wasn't working from the desktop site, though the mobile site worked for Thor when I was waiting in the parking lot before the store opened. Might be worth trying the mobile site Friday morning early (12AM - 2AM CT) and see if in-store works at that point.

Anyone who is interested in getting both of the Hunger Games steelbooks dont make the same mistake everyone did with the Thor steelbooks and get to the store early there is very limited copies of the first movie steels.
This can't be stressed enough, even if the numbers mentioned earlier in this thread or the main Steelbook thread about 60-70 total (most likely 3 Catching Fire to every 1 Hunger Games, if I had to guess) is valid. Get to the store before open, wait outside the front door and beeline right to the display as soon as the doors are opened.

The website has reverted it back to "Coming Soon." Hopefully this is a good sign.
If it's not showing in-store pickup as an option come early Friday morning, either on the main site or the mobile site, make sure to be at the store before open and pick it up in person.

Too bad no option for store pickup
Check again on Friday morning between 12AM to 2AM CT and it should be available, assuming it's not a screwed up situation as we had with Thor.

If you order online with shipment, you take the chance they'll be damaged in shipment. I'm making an online order and I'll make an in-store pickup order on Friday morning if possible. Will return the online order if damaged, otherwise will cancel the in-store pickup one.

I'm not taking any chances this time around.

bread's done
Back