[YMMV] Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Available Now (Street Date Broken) at Frys (MSRP $39.99)

Biskmatar100

CAGiversary!
Just wanted to let you guys at CAG know first that Frys seemed to have broken the street date for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles, and it's available right now at Frys.  This is just the standard version.  I can confirm it's available at the City of Industry, CA location, but I did not purchase it since I have the Collector's Edition pre-ordered.  This is good if you're looking into buying just the game and want to get a headstart!

P.S.  Wanted to upload the picture to confirm it, but I don't post often on CAG and I can't seem to do it because the file was too big to upload?

EDIT: Made it YMMV after reading some of the replies for clarification.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering how many Frys there actually are, you may want to mark this as YMMV unless others can confirm other locations have also broken the street date. If anybody finds it at the San Diego store I may swing by.

I absolutely loved the Gamecube version, wonder if this one is worth picking up for nostalgia. I hear the second one wasn't really good. 

I placed an order for in store pickup but the store just called me to let me know that I cannot pick it up until the 25th as there is a street date on the game.

I placed an order for in store pickup but the store just called me to let me know that I cannot pick it up until the 25th as there is a street date on the game.
Is that so? That's a shame. :( Didn't know Frys used a system to prevent street date breaks.

I absolutely loved the Gamecube version, wonder if this one is worth picking up for nostalgia. I hear the second one wasn't really good.
I'd say it's worth the $40 for Tales of Symphonia itself; tons of content, JPN voices (If that's your thing), and entirely enjoyable. IMO, the 2nd one wasn't that bad. It has a better combat system based on Tales of the Abyss, but it lacks in everything else, along with questionable design choices (Such as capping the ToS cast to Lvl. 50 when everyone else can go up to Lvl. 200).

Even if they put it on shelves. Their systems automatically detect if its street dated. Its been like that for a couple of years. Think the last time I tried and they denied me was for WWE smack down vs raw 2011

Even if they put it on shelves. Their systems automatically detect if its street dated. Its been like that for a couple of years. Think the last time I tried and they denied me was for WWE smack down vs raw 2011

The HD version looks amazing. And consider it this way: You're getting a PS3 and HD upgrade for $40. And they're giving you a not-so-good sequel for FREE. =)

Is that so? That's a shame. :( Didn't know Frys used a system to prevent street date breaks.

I'd say it's worth the $40 for Tales of Symphonia itself; tons of content, JPN voices (If that's your thing), and entirely enjoyable. IMO, the 2nd one wasn't that bad. It has a better combat system based on Tales of the Abyss, but it lacks in everything else, along with questionable design choices (Such as capping the ToS cast to Lvl. 50 when everyone else can go up to Lvl. 200).
"JPN voices, if thats your thing" so....playing a JAPANESE role playing game with JAPANESE voices...is...not the typical thing?

Best buy had Donkey Kong TF out early in Temecula CA(San Diego), but when they rang it up an error occurred stating not available for sale... Looks like technology caught up with these places.... Sigh, what happened to the good ol days...

"JPN voices, if thats your thing" so....playing a JAPANESE role playing game with JAPANESE voices...is...not the typical thing?
Oh, don't get me wrong, I go either way. I love the original voice cast for Symphonia, so I have no qualms there. I'm more interested in the skits since they are fully dubbed in JPN, but not ENG. I was just mentioning it because dual audio has been a thing of discussion in JRPGs recently, especially the Tales series.

bread's done
Back