UPS Mail Innovations/USPS

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!
Had a package shipped by Walmart via UPS Mail Innovations. On the UPS website it said estimated delivery was Feb 20th. I didn't get it.

Last tracking info says transferred to local post office on the 18th. So I put the tracking number into USPS.com and it just says Feb 18th: Electronic Shipping Info Received

Has not updated since. I called USPS and all the guy I spoke to could do was look up the same damn info I already had. Should I be worried about the package or wait a few more business days before I do anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm dealing with a similar situation. UPS dropped off the package with a USPS hub one town over from mine, which is normal. It was scheduled to be delivered Fri. Without reason/logic USPS forwarded the package to a town 2 states away and now the previous release date is gone from the website and replaced with "In Transit." The customer service people are completely clueless.

In the last year I've had so much trouble with USPS. Constant misscans, lost a package of mine, late deliveries, etc.

For my entire life I used to get mail 9:30-10 am. Now I get it 4:30-5 pm.

Is today a "mail less" holiday? I had a Netflix that was supposed to arrive and Netflix has never been wrong before with their delivery dates. Just got back from the box and nada.

I just used that crap taken over a week to get 2 packages and one stay at the PO down the road for day and half before they sent it to my address.. Will not use that crap again thru Walmart. Lucky the same time i order that crap i pick up my new computer at the store or it would have taken that long too.

I've had a lot of Amazon orders recently from various sellers that used it and it seems to range from "slow as hell" to "lightning fast". Because I've had ones take over a week & 1/2 to deliver, while others ship out on friday and I'll get them the following monday or tuesday. Seems to depend on how many shipments they're taking on.

Had a package shipped by Walmart via UPS Mail Innovations. On the UPS website it said estimated delivery was Feb 20th. I didn't get it.

Last tracking info says transferred to local post office on the 18th. So I put the tracking number into USPS.com and it just says Feb 18th: Electronic Shipping Info Received

Has not updated since. I called USPS and all the guy I spoke to could do was look up the same damn info I already had. Should I be worried about the package or wait a few more business days before I do anything?
In your case, it means that UPS has activated the tracking number, but has yet to hand off the package to USPS.

So it's either the local sorting facility is over worked right now or something. Usually when stuff like that happens to me, it's due to them handing it to the wrong USPS sorting facility. UPS has a separate number for UPS MI inquiries, but they're operate on normal business hours(monday-fri. 9-5), so you won't be able to call on the weekend to ask about it.

USPS needs to go away.
As someone who sells/trades games, fuck that. You can ship a standard sized game for $3 using the USPS w/ tracking. Same shit costs like $12 via UPS or FedEx.

USPS may not have the best tracking or delivery times, they're cheap. And the only reason you hear so many complaints about them is because they handle more packages than UPS or FedEx.

As someone who sells/trades games, fuck that. You can ship a standard sized game for $3 using the USPS w/ tracking. Same shit costs like $12 via UPS or FedEx.

USPS may not have the best tracking or delivery times, they're cheap. And the only reason you hear so many complaints about them is because they handle more packages than UPS or FedEx.
Anyone who runs a small business, or even trades or sells an occassional game or two understands that USPS is essential. They might not be the cheapest when it comes to medium or larger packages but for items that are less then 13oz or can fit in small flat rate boxes/envelopes they are by far the fastest and most cost effective service and I've never had a problem with losing a package and I'm sure I ship/receive more USPS packages then most.

That being said we have "idiots" on here who complain about USPS losing their packages but they don't even own printers or scales which means they are guessing on the weight and hand writing the addresses so I can only imagine how they pack their items.

USPS has never lost a package I've shipped. They have lost packages I've ordered. Only two, so they don't do it a ton. They lost an order from SE from a few months back and lost a hat I ordered a couple years ago.

USPS has reliable more often than not, but lately have been getting worse in my experiences.

I'd say 30-40% of packages I order are misscanned. They say "delivered" when not delivered, and it's a hassle because I have no choice but to check up on it just in case it was accidentally delivered to the wrong address. Usually they come in the next business day or two, but after losing an item I ordered back in December that was marked "delivered" and I didn't get it, I like to make sure.

I've never had a major issue with their rates and they typically handle packages pretty well in my area.

It still didn't update the tracking info today so I called UPS Mail Innovations. Btw, their 1-800 number is a joke. There literally is no waiting so if their lines are busy the automated machine just hangs up on you and tells you to call back.

They told me I need to contact the post office. All they do is hand it off. So I called the post office. The guy checked the system and he said there is no record of any post office even receiving it. UPS still has it or it hasn't shipped. The only information he has is they sent a notice to the post office to expect it to be transferred. He told me to call UPS back or call Walmart.

I called UPS back and they said, yes it has indeed been handed off to the post office and the guy I spoke to at the post office is wrong. So, with both sides blaming each other, I just called Walmart and the CS rep told me to wait until the end of the week and if I don't get it call them back for a refund. This sucks, because the item is now sold out and hard to find. Hope I get it.

I really hate these services that these companies do for the PO, I understand why they do it but I could wait the extra days if it just got shipped standard post. What was it that you were supposed to receive?

Xbox Live Day One Limited Edition metal card thing. Walmart had it on sale for $39 and it is sold out everywhere else and now Walmart as well. My XBL subscription ends in a week and recently there were other sales too like Best Buy having a year sub for $39.99 and those sales are over now, so I'll be a little annoyed. Really don't want to pay full price to re-up my sub. Going to be very short on money this month with a lot of game releases. I thought getting the limited edition card, plus a year sub for $39 with free shipping was a great deal.

It probably got lost in another package (it happens) since it was so small, or it could very well be in some bin somewhere at the PO. I'm sure Wal-Mart mailed it in a little itty bitty plastic bag, did anyone else get their card like that?

I would have done it for the Jago code but I still have a year floating around here somewhere and I'm still good till sometime in 2015.

I think the card comes in a box, doesn't it? If so, it might be shipped in a padded envelope, but not sure. As long as it hasn't been delivered to a wrong address, I'll hold out a little hope it may show up eventually.

One time I ordered something and it was lost, and I called the post office to complain a bunch of times and they said they'd file an investigation to try and find it. A week later I got it. Granted, it took like 3 weeks total to get my package, but eventually I guess they found it.

wow just received a BBuy game ordered well over a week ago ... first time UPS innovations ... damn used to take 1-2 days...

sad sad...

Still no updates. Doubt I'll get it. I'll call this weekend and ask for a replacement overnighted.

Called Walmart. Said they can't refund or issue a replacement since these are digital goods and I could have used it and claimed I didn't get it. I told them to check the tracking to show I never received it and demanded a refund. They escalated it to a supervisor and I should have an "update" in a few days.

What the fuck is wrong with this company. Buyer should always be treated as right initially until proven otherwise. One of the richest companies in the world paranoid about 40 bucks.

Are you using this site to do the tracking? http://www.ups-mi.net/packageID/

Because the times I had issues like that(where they handed it off to a PO in the wrong state), it might tell on that.  For some reason the regular UPS doesn't update the tracking as much as that site.

As for Wal-Mart, sounds like you just got a customer service rep. that doesn't give a damn. 

Yeah, I used that. It says Feb. 18th: transferred to post office. That was the last update. Est. Delivery Feb. 20th.

So I put the tracking into USPS.com and it just says "electronic info received"

I called my post office again today and the guy I talked to said I promise you we never received it. When we receive it, we can it. It will have been scanned multiple times. He said he doesn't even think Walmart sent it out. He said UPS MI uses something called a "skid" and tried to explain it, but I wasn't 100% sure on what he was saying. Basically he said UPS MI doesn't actually scan packages, so it can update without a package even arriving somewhere. If he had to guess he thinks Walmart never mailed anything out in the first place and it has been updating based on the "skid"

Regardless of what is true or not, I don't have it and I'm not going to get it most likely. Just want my money back. I can't file a chargeback with my bank, so I'm hoping they just give me the refund.

The skid is just what it sounds like. Essentially there is a bin that has packages to a general destination. It sits there until it is full, then the entire batch is scanned as a single item and sent off.

Tried googling this question but I figured maybe someone has some firsthand experience with this here. My brother bought a pair of shoes from someone off a Facebook group and had it shipped to our house. The tracking number says it's been delivered but we never got anything. No one in our house has seen it as we have a general spot where we put all packages since we always buy stuff online. The day it was marked delivered he called the post office and they told him to wait until the trucks came back and call again. He waited and called back but they closed for the night. He went in person and they told him they couldn't do anything since the tracking number says it's been delivered. So the best course of action here would be to file a claim? This was a pair of 200 dollar shoes and I'm pretty sure there was no insurance on it. I also told him he should go complain to the postmaster or something but Idk if that would be helpful. Kinda blows seeing how the shoes were supposed to be a gift for our youngest brother and it's the first package they've ever lost for us.

Tried googling this question but I figured maybe someone has some firsthand experience with this here. My brother bought a pair of shoes from someone off a Facebook group and had it shipped to our house. The tracking number says it's been delivered but we never got anything. No one in our house has seen it as we have a general spot where we put all packages since we always buy stuff online. The day it was marked delivered he called the post office and they told him to wait until the trucks came back and call again. He waited and called back but they closed for the night. He went in person and they told him they couldn't do anything since the tracking number says it's been delivered. So the best course of action here would be to file a claim? This was a pair of 200 dollar shoes and I'm pretty sure there was no insurance on it. I also told him he should go complain to the postmaster or something but Idk if that would be helpful. Kinda blows seeing how the shoes were supposed to be a gift for our youngest brother and it's the first package they've ever lost for us.
Loss claims are done by the sender, not the recipient, so there's nothing your brother can do on his end to put in a claim for it.

If the sender sent it without insurance and they were really $200 shoes, he's an idiot as USPS shipment insurance is pretty cheap for $200 worth of items.

I'd suggest talking again at the post office and asking for the delivery supervisor, who would know what postal carrier delivered that package. They could have marked the package as delivered and not delivered it, as some carriers will mark their packages delivered in advance of actually delivering them because they don't have a hand scanner to mark it as delivered.

If your brother used Paypal, I'd put in a claim against the package showing up and get Paypal involved.

Anyone know if postage is like stamps in and that it stacks?

For example, if I have postage for $5 and one for $3, can I put them both on a package and have $8? Or does USPS only accept one per package?

Anyone know if postage is like stamps in and that it stacks?

For example, if I have postage for $5 and one for $3, can I put them both on a package and have $8? Or does USPS only accept one per package?
One per package, though you can take it to a Post Office to cancel both and they'll combine it into one.

Loss claims are done by the sender, not the recipient, so there's nothing your brother can do on his end to put in a claim for it.

If the sender sent it without insurance and they were really $200 shoes, he's an idiot as USPS shipment insurance is pretty cheap for $200 worth of items.

I'd suggest talking again at the post office and asking for the delivery supervisor, who would know what postal carrier delivered that package. They could have marked the package as delivered and not delivered it, as some carriers will mark their packages delivered in advance of actually delivering them because they don't have a hand scanner to mark it as delivered.

If your brother used Paypal, I'd put in a claim against the package showing up and get Paypal involved.
Thanks for the response, Hopefully we can get something done with this.

Called Walmart. They said they can't give me a refund, because it was a digital good. I said I never received the item, and I'm annoyed that instead of taking my word for it, you're essentially accusing me of trying to scam you out of $40 when you are a multi-billion dollar corporation. Told them to check the tracking for themselves.

So the CS rep escalated it to a supervisor to get my refund or replacement.

A week goes by and nothing. I call again. The CS rep checks the status of it and says "Hmmm.. it was escalated it and seems to have been completely ignored. I'm very sorry about that, we are usually very diligent about stuff like this." Told me she put notes on it that it was a physical card via mail and not a digital one sent vie email. Told me if I don't receive a call from them regarding this by the 6th to call back.

Starting to get annoyed. At this point I just want my money back.

Last update for now:

Finally got through to a Walmart supervisor and they told me I can't get a refund or replacement. I need to file a dispute with the bank. I didn't want to, because I have pre-orders that can't be changed. Plus it's such an annoying process. They told me they wouldn't have to issue me a new card and cancel my old card, because it isn't fraud. It was a lost package. But the last time I disputed a lost package, they gave me a new card and cancelled my old card. So I don't know what to do.

Any tips?

I don't know how you ordered this - through Wal-Mart's Site-To-Store or you just ordered it off the site and wanted home delivery but calling your nearest store and harping to them won't get you squat if I'm reading your posts in here right. I don't know how you get in touch with the site's customer service (if that's who you called, sorry, I've been up 28 hours and tired disregard the store comment I made) but that's who you want to talk to as a store that never had anything to do with your thing sure as hell won't give you money.

I ordered it from Walmart.com and called the site's customer service.
Have you had a problem with Walmart like this before?

I bought a game once from Walmart.com, got an empty envelope and they shipped out a second copy a few days later after I called about it. Wasn't a hassle at all.

No, but then again I don't order from them often.

They told me since I ordered an Xbox Live subscription card, their system automatically blocks out a refund or replacement option because of the nature of the item. Since it is a one time use and becomes void. They told me if it was anything other than a subscription card, I'd have my refund or replacement already.

They said the only thing I can do is file a dispute with my bank.

I asked if he can just send me a giftcard for the price I paid to my email that is tied to my Walmart account, and he said it's above his pay grade, only a manager can do that and he took my number and said a manager would call me in the next few days. I don't plan on getting a call, because I also was told a supervisor would call me twice and they never did. I may just visit my bank Monday and ask them flat out if I can dispute it without cancelling my card.

Apparently my local post office just sucks.

I mentioned before that occasionally I get misscans. Well, the last 5 items I had to be delivered via USPS were all marked as Delivered at around 9:20 am. My local post office's mail goes out at 9 am and I don't usually get mail until 3 or 4 pm. Sometimes 5 pm. They seem to be just marking items as delivered before they deliver them now. They did this a lot before, but it was like 30% of the time. The last 5 packages have all been marked as Delivered way before hand.

Now, it isn't a huge deal when I end up getting them later in the day anyway, but it could pose a problem if the package is lost, and they'll think it's delivered. Just to make sure this wasn't a more widespread issue, I asked a couple people close to me, and all their packages were marked as Delivered at the right times.

This happen to anyone else?

Apparently my local post office just sucks.

I mentioned before that occasionally I get misscans. Well, the last 5 items I had to be delivered via USPS were all marked as Delivered at around 9:20 am. My local post office's mail goes out at 9 am and I don't usually get mail until 3 or 4 pm. Sometimes 5 pm. They seem to be just marking items as delivered before they deliver them now. They did this a lot before, but it was like 30% of the time. The last 5 packages have all been marked as Delivered way before hand.

Now, it isn't a huge deal when I end up getting them later in the day anyway, but it could pose a problem if the package is lost, and they'll think it's delivered. Just to make sure this wasn't a more widespread issue, I asked a couple people close to me, and all their packages were marked as Delivered at the right times.

This happen to anyone else?
No.

Is it pure USPS mail that you're having this problem with or the FedEx Smart Post or USPS Sure Post / USPS hybrid's?

Sometimes the other carriers (UPS/FedEx) are to blame because they drop off that mail to USPS in bulk (bags) and scan the entire bag in as "delivered to post office" which will mark everything that was "supposed" to be in the bag/container as delivered to the post office even if something was left out.

Now if you're regular USPS mail is being marked that way I would speak with either your carrier or post master as they should be marking mail as delivered in bulk like that before it LEAVES the post office.

No, it's straight USPS Mail. Not Smart Post or anything.

My Conception II from Amazon(which I thought I cancelled the order of and apparently didn't) was marked as delivered at 9:40 am, and I didn't get it until 3:30 pm. Today a package was marked as delivered at 9:20 am and I didn't get it until 3:30ish as well.

Last week I had another package delivered. That was marked as delivered at just before 10 am, and I didn't get it until 4:30. All either USPS First Class or Priority.  That's just the most recent 3. I know as far back as the last 5 have been that way and I can't remember any past that, since there was a long gap in where I didn't have any items delivered for well over a month. It's possible it extends back farther.

bread's done
Back