Best Buy | Tomb Raider GOTY $19.99 ($15.99 GCU) // Dragonball Z: Battle of Z $49.99 ($39.99 GCU)

Even though it doesn't make much sense, if the Ps Plus March EU Rumor is true and NA also gets Tomb Raider, there may be no point for many in getting TR : GOTY for PS3. Nonetheless Thanks for the heads up though!

Amazon has Battle of Z for 360 for $39.99/ps3 for $49.99 in case anyone was interested and/or doesn't have GCU.

Huh, they used Gamerscore as a bulletpoint, I've never seen that.

I am an Achievement Hunter myself, but that seems like an odd thing to have as a bulletpoint.

Even if it's a different SKU for each one?

That's a good deal, however if this was for the x1/ps4 version then yes even better. Great game but not worth rebuying it if the graphics are the same on the 360 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also under the impression that you would be fine with the three different Tomb Raiders.  They have different skus so to Best Buy they are different products. 

The person that said yes is giving way too much credit to their POS POS. 

The system does not check for multiples, employees do. Also, the SKU does not matter. PS3/360/XB1/PS4/Vita/WiiU/3DS games all have different SKUs and they all count. If you were to buy CoD Ghosts on 360/PS3/XB1/PS4 that would count as 4 times buying the same item.

Plus they have stated CE count toward the limit of 3 for the base game, so SKU has NOTHING to do with it.

The issue comes with stuff like this, when they release a GotY/HD remake. They are out almost a year after the initial release so would they still count? It's still Tomb Raider, but it's a GotY/Super HD remake...

I really feel BBY needs to do a great deal of clarification with the GCU program. I honestly prefer shopping at BBY over other retailers, but I am not blind to their flaws. The GCU program is great on the surface, but when you dig down into the details it has me worried. It almost feels like this was not ready to be rolled out publicly, or it's in beta.

Awesome, doesn't matter if it ends up on plus you won't subscribe forever.

And what's in the dlc code they give out?

Does buying the vanilla Tomb Raider, Definitive Edition, and Game of the Year version count as the 3 game limit for GCU?
Even if it's a different SKU for each one?

That's a good deal, however if this was for the x1/ps4 version then yes even better. Great game but not worth rebuying it if the graphics are the same on the 360 version.

It doesn't, they are messing with you. These are three separate products.

I played and traded in Tomb Raider (360) last year to best buy. If I get banned this week after I finish Tomb Raider Definitive (ps4) I will be livid! They are not the same game.

Awesome, doesn't matter if it ends up on plus you won't subscribe forever.

And what's in the dlc code they give out?
its definitely long enough to play through it a few times. If you bought it physically, it wouldn't last forever either.

its definitely long enough to play through it a few times. If you bought it physically, it wouldn't last forever either.
I'm a person that likes to own actual copies, when plus runs out you don't have it anymore.

I've still got nes games that haven't disintegrated, so your theory is flawed.

I thought the only additions above the vanilla version was multiplayer doc.
I was referring to the content of bestbuy, if you add to cart it lists two items, just wasn't sure if it was a full game + dlc or a re issued dlc code since I heard some were bad inside.

I'm a person that likes to own actual copies, when plus runs out you don't have it anymore.

What happens if you go offline with your PS3 are you still able to play those PS+ downloaded games? Or are you blocked out?

Either way I am all for owning physical copies as well since you actually own the game instead of owning a digital game that can disappear whenever they want it to.

I used to be this way, and I still like physical over digital. However, I don't see the point in accumulating games, games and more games when they are owned just for the sake of owning them. I've become much more pleased with my current process in which I buy games on the cheap, keep ones that are absolutely amazing/hold MP value (Halo 4, last of us, etc) but for games like tomb raider, etc I trade in when the going is hot and put it towards my next game when I'm done with it.

I love making my new games essentially free.

It's just the idea of relying on the lifespan of only two consoles, as most allow up to 2 downloads.

It just bothers me, if I were to break 2 I'd be SOL, if I actually owned a game I'd just reinstall it infinite times on infinite systems if need be.

As for plus offline, I think there is a timer for the duration of your plus sub to access content.

Yep timer stays on games even when offline. 

I'm plus til 2019, so im down with free digital 'rentals'. 

n my ps3 died last year, you can have them reset all your 'systems' and always be good for 2 more system downloads.  It isn't if the system breaks you are screwed out of luck. I think this is a great game and great deal, but the chance for it being ps+ is just way too high, and then i would be turning around and trading the game back to bestbuy again. lol circle of life

I used to be this way, and I still like physical over digital. However, I don't see the point in accumulating games, games and more games when they are owned just for the sake of owning them. I've become much more pleased with my current process in which I buy games on the cheap, keep ones that are absolutely amazing/hold MP value (Halo 4, last of us, etc) but for games like tomb raider, etc I trade in when the going is hot and put it towards my next game when I'm done with it.

I love making my new games essentially free.
This is what CAG has evolved me into as well. Ill keep games that i really want to keep like Batman Arkham series. Like South Park Stick of Truth ill probably keep for awhile cause it looks awesome and i love South Park and get it on PS3 over PC/Xbox. Everything else has to go. I have owned everything yet I only have like 10 PS3 games and dont even have a 360 anymore.

Essentially, take the money and run. You can always buy the game back and usually way cheaper. Especially if you can make profit on the console version and find a really cheap Steam key.

Unfortunately, I have been able to trim my console collection but my Steam library continues to grow.

if it's something you like yeah, even though i got borderlands 2 free with plus I'm still going to buy GOTY when it drops more for my collection.

And so far only eu has confirmed a plus release of TR, if I knew for sure NA was getting it I'd feel the same as you.

I only tend to buy games I want to keep, redbox the rest!

Sure, but can't you buy the game after your subscription is over? By then it will be even cheaper.

Of course, you could buy it now, keep it unopened and return it later if it is announced for PS+.

dragon ball is still way to high at $49.99. I'll buy this when it hits $29.99. thanks though for the info op

I still stand by my factual statement that they won't last forever.

bread's done
Back