RIP Harold Ramis (1944-2014) aka Dr. Egon Spengler

ITDEFX

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=115260

wow that was a surprise.   This is pretty much a nail in the coffin for Ghostbusters 3, unless it's a total reboot and not a passing of the torch movie......

Bet you Doc Brown is next :(

14887-dr_egon_spengler.jpg

Sad news that Harold Ramis died.  He was in a number of my favorite 80s movies.

I guess he's keeping an eye on the ghosts from the other side now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. Hollywood can't help but remake/reboot everything.

This actually might get a new Ghostbusters franchise rolling faster now. They just kept hoping Murray would jump on board, with him never going to and Ramis passing away, all they really need is Dan to have a role in a new film and effectively "pass the torch". He's the one who has been so hellbent on getting it done.

There's will be no Ghostbusters 3, but I can see a reboot down the line. It's only a matter of time.
wait for it..............................................................................................................................

hate to say it but I doubt Columbia Pictures or Sony is interested in picking up the film. I think Dan Aykroyd fucked up by delaying the script over and over to make it "perfect". Without Murray on board it was pretty much dead so to speak. Aykroyd should just quit and release the script on line and just retire already. It's done and over with.... Ghostbusters 3/Reboot is no more...

here are some statements from his co-stars from GB, nothing yet from the others...hmmm..

UPDATE: Bill Murray, who reportedly had a bitter falling out with Ramis while making Groundhog Day and hadn't spoken to him i the years since, gave TIME the following statement on Ramis' passing:

“Harold Ramis and I together did the National Lampoon Show off Broadway, Meatballs, Stripes, Caddyshack, Ghostbusters and Groundhog Day. He earned his keep on this planet. God bless him.”

Dan Aykroyd also posted his respects to Ramis on his Facebook page: "Deeply saddened to hear of the passing of my brilliant, gifted, funny friend, co-writer/performer and teacher Harold Ramis. May he now get the answers he was always seeking."

Too few of us get to do what we love for work and what Harold Ramis showed us was how to be great at it. Some may say that he's just a comedic actor or comedy writer, but it takes a high level of dedication and talent to develop that craft. Most fail. There can be no higher praise than to say that Ramis brought so much joy to so many lives and that he produced works that will endure for decades after his passing. Hell, they'll probably endure for longer than I will. This speaks to his genius and his legacy.

I can't wait to queue up one of his movies and show my appreciation with a bunch of unstoppable guttural laughs and that is how I will honor him.

I dunno, but do you think Murray's statement was kinda so um.... generic?  Could the real reason why we never got a GB3 was because he refused to work with Ramis?    

I dunno what caused me to cry though..... maybe it was because Slimer was holding his hand walking him into the light :(

The rumor I heard on GB3 was Seth Rogen was going to play Oscar all grown up. Murray was going to be a ghost that helps Rogen fire the team back up.

oh god I hate Seth Rogen.  Glad that was just a rumor.  I can't think of any current comedic actor who could carry the torch as a new ghostbuster or a remake of the character that would respect and honor the performance of the original cast.

That pic... Those feels...

I'll also chime in for the Ghostbuster game. I loved it. Kinda annoying AI and I hated playing the endless medic near the end of the game. But good fan service and a darn fun game.

I dunno, but do you think Murray's statement was kinda so um.... generic? Could the real reason why we never got a GB3 was because he refused to work with Ramis?
He had a huge falling out with Ramis during the Groundhog Day shoot. They basically haven't spoken since even though Ramis called people for Murray's number numerous times and was never given it. I don't know if that's why Bill refused any chance at GB3, but I'd also think he would see it as something that would suck... Much like GB2.

The rumor I heard on GB3 was Seth Rogen was going to play Oscar all grown up. Murray was going to be a ghost that helps Rogen fire the team back up.
Murray said he'd do the movie "as a ghost". I'm pretty sure he was just trying to be a smart ass

In any case, pour out some EctoCooler

bread's done
Back