Farscape Complete Series Deals

thelaughingmann

CAGiversary!
DVDPlanet still has the DVD version for $60 and change, along with Peacekeeper Wars for ~$10.

Amazon and Best Buy both have the Blu-Ray version for $69.99, and they both have Peacekeeper Wars on DVD for ~$8. All of the above are Brand New BTW.

If you guys want to get the better quality, look to the Blu-Ray set. The video's slightly better (but not much) with the Blu-Rays than the DVDs, but the audio quality is several times better. The Extras are similar, if not a little extra added to the Blu-Ray, between both...Peacekeeper Wars is not available in Blu-Ray anywhere right now (with the exception of the European Blu-Ray release, which is extremely hard to find).

With the announcement of a Farscape movie in the works as of late on the interwebs, now is the time to convince yourself to collect this one of a kind series. This is one of my all time favorites among sci-fi.

Last edited by a moderator:
A movie is not in the works, it's just an idea floating around, and to me sounds like a horrible idea for a spinoff "movie".

*It's not a movie if it's only an hour long and on HBO*

Just picked this up on Blu and looking forward to watching this. I never have seen an episode but the reviews, sci fi angle and the Hensons got me excited!!

Just picked this up on Blu and looking forward to watching this. I never have seen an episode but the reviews, sci fi angle and the Hensons got me excited!!
I grew up on this show during my teen years. Battlestar Galactica was firing up during the later broadcasts of Farscape, Babylon 5 was well past, Star Trek was not clicking with me yet...but this show was unique. I found myself drawn to the design of the aliens, both the makeup and the muppets. And of course, John Crichton remains one of my favorite sci-fi heroes of all time. Just be sure to pick up Peacekeeper Wars when you can since the Complete Series is what got aired as part of the show, but Peacekeeper Wars was meant to finish the show and was made by a separate entity (Lion's Gate) after fan fervor kicked in following its cancellation.

I had the original DVD box sets (massive boxes) that I sold last year on eBay when I bought the Blu Ray's through Amazon for less than the price you're quoting for the DVD's.  IIRC it was $40.

I was unaware of a new movie.  Anyone have a link?  Is the whole cast even alive still?  I mean, it's been 10 years...

I had the original DVD box sets (massive boxes) that I sold last year on eBay when I bought the Blu Ray's through Amazon for less than the price you're quoting for the DVD's. IIRC it was $40.

I was unaware of a new movie. Anyone have a link? Is the whole cast even alive still? I mean, it's been 10 years...
I had yet to see $40 pricing on the Blu-Ray; maybe for the first Complete Series, but this is the 15h Anniversary Release (which comes added in with a mini-comic and a better cover (seeing Moya on the box cover's a better choice than John and Aeryn IMO). I had a ton of BB GC's, so I decided to buy it from BB and say heck with it.

http://io9.com/a-farscape-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works-1529049248 <-io9 article that gave me this news. As for OC, I know the VA for Rygel is dead :whistle2:( . The rest of the cast should still be around still (especially Ben with his handlebar mustache).

The Blu-Rays are a slight jump in video quality, but the sound is amazing. I am happy.

I had yet to see $40 pricing on the Blu-Ray; maybe for the first Complete Series, but this is the 15h Anniversary Release (which comes added in with a mini-comic and a better cover (seeing Moya on the box cover's a better choice than John and Aeryn IMO). I had a ton of BB GC's, so I decided to buy it from BB and say heck with it.

http://io9.com/a-farscape-movie-is-reportedly-in-the-works-1529049248 <-io9 article that gave me this news. As for OC, I know the VA for Rygel is dead :whistle2:( . The rest of the cast should still be around still (especially Ben with his handlebar mustache).

The Blu-Rays are a slight jump in video quality, but the sound is amazing. I am happy.
I was wrong, I was thinking of a different show. It turns out my wife bought me the BR Farscape set last year on Amazon for $58.99.

I find it amazing that they're making a movie considering that they couldn't put out cheap "Webisodes" that they had been trying to put together for virtually the entire time between the end of the show and now.

I really wish they'd release The Peacekeeper Wars on Blu Ray. They've had the same DVD for sale the entire time now.

I was wrong, I was thinking of a different show. It turns out my wife bought me the BR Farscape set last year on Amazon for $58.99.

I find it amazing that they're making a movie considering that they couldn't put out cheap "Webisodes" that they had been trying to put together for virtually the entire time between the end of the show and now.

I really wish they'd release The Peacekeeper Wars on Blu Ray. They've had the same DVD for sale the entire time now.
They had the Blu-Ray in Europe for a time, but it's been discontinued.

bread's done
Back