* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#4471 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:48 AM

Finally the  PVE is over after 5 awful days.  Ended this  PVE ranked 17th with   72.000 pts    top  1-5  was 123k  to 98k  made top 20 with around 1200 pts to spare.   should get another cover for team  

got  345 coins now should earn 100 for  top 20    and  250 for top 2  team.    be around 700 coins. 500 for slot and 200 to start saving for a new slot.

NEW EVENT UP

STARTS NOW  RUNS  6.5 days  no clue if they went back to the  3 hour refresh or the 8

Top 50 gets the 4 star cover .........  screw it  the cover looks lame and  not sure if even going to attempt it.

Ugh Starlord is a 4*?

WTF.

Invisible Woman = Eh they were still figuring shit out

X-Force = 4 Star worthy character

Nick Fury = 4 Star worthy character

Thor = 4 Star worthy character

Barney? wtf.

Elektra? Oh jeez you are kidding.

Starlord? ... come the Fuck on.

#4472 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:42 AM

Ugh Starlord is a 4*?

WTF.

Seriously.. but when you think about it....

Invisible Woman = Eh they were still figuring shit out

I guess I'll go with this one, since this was before "gold" Aka Lazy characters, but still even on paper this was horrible.  Doc ock is better than Bag lady and his powers are mixed up conglomeration of shit.  Thats just sad. They really need to retool her.

X-Force = 4 Star worthy character

ONLY AFTER they retooled him, remember he used to be shit.  Healing from yellow took forever, The red was stupid, and the green did no direct damage. God he was horrible, you mustve forgot that.

Nick Fury = 4 Star worthy character

Pretty much he is, I got nothing bad to say about him. I like his change of colors patterns, makes him easier to put with any team since yellow, blue and purple are so different and arent major ap colors like red/green.

Thor = 4 Star worthy character

I'll hold off, those charge tiles really throw me off.  Not what I call great, but not bad.  The red/yellow/blue power scheme has been done, but I dont think we need another red/yellow/green thor either. Plus it will be a while for most of us to build a useable one, I just have 1 yellow.

Barney? wtf.

The anniversary release! For a 4* it shouldve been better. However "fans" have been wanting one since whichever stupid even there was where you battled it. Then in the hunt we got to play it in the savage land.  The Devil Dino we got wasnt even the one that originally starred in the first appearance.  That thing was hella hard and only had a green color.  We got some bastardized crap version, so hurray! Way to celebrate the Anniversary!

Elektra? Oh jeez you are kidding.

I got no words except why try to get any better with your 4*s, after Devil Dino ANYTHING would be better right?  Nope got proved wrong on that one.  Powers are just a color steal from Deadpool with the red/black/purple, however unlike deadpool they dont do shit.  Purple! You can steal an enemy strike tile, what the enemy doesnt have one? Well you just give them some you know, to be nice.  Black! We'll put out 2 trap tiles that will take damage if the enemy attacks.  Oh but only if Elektra is in front and since yours is so weak, that wont happen.  Dont worry though, if the enemy doesnt attack you, then it wont do shit.  If the enemy matches it, it wont do shit, and if you match it, surprise, it wont do shit.  Thank you for wasting your black when you couldve used surgical strike and just killed the enemy.  RED! The only useful power! A free attack every turn, unless the opponent just keeps matching reds to get rid of that trap tile.  Which if they do, it turns into the black power....it wont do shit....

I dont know if you can read the tone, but not happy with Elektra....

Starlord? ... come the Fuck on.

And the hits keep on coming....I read the power chart and I REALLY need to hold back commentary on him before I actually try him.  Although I know after playing the teaser my socks wont be blown off & I'll be thinking wow squirrel girl was such a better idea.

• Sleight of Hand 10 purpletile.png
    Peter pulls the old switcheroo and swaps one of his enemy's possessions with a little surprise. He turns a selected non-Countdown tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 785 damage to the enemy.

He swaps what? He changes a reg tile into a countdown tile... Who are we? Modern Hawkeye? The magic here is its any colored non countdown tile. I HOPE that means a strike protect or attack tile.

• Everyone With Me 7 yellowtile.png
    Star-Lord quickly pulls together a plan - or at least most of one. Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by 1.

More countdown tiles? And countdown tiles to reduce ability cost? I really want to know why this obsession with countdown tiles lately? Blade, Squirrel girl, Luke cage. All have some kind of countdown tile associated with them. If I can get Steve to throw star spangled avengers for 6 red AP Id think about it.  Its a crazy idea but to protect a countdown tile just to save 1ap per turn? What a waste of a power.

Oldest Trick in the Book 8 redtile.png
Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Beta Ray Bill?" before swinging in with a sucker punch. He creates a 2-turn Countdown tile which deals 612 damage. While at least one such tile is on the board, all enemy Red and Green ability costs are increased by 1.

HEY ARES! you have your green at 5? Well now it will cost you 6 to use onslaught! Ha take that! This is worse than Yellow, or maybe better? At least there is some direct damage here.  The analogy on the forums is right, he's so similar to a 4* Hawkeye that thats what Im going to go with.  These powers are just stupid to me honestly. 

At this point, since we already have Squirrel girl, Im going to say the next 4* character will be someone from the Great Lake Avengers, probably Mr. Immortal.  This game really wants to continue to make me hate it even more.

I really got to say how far are the devs going to go to try and make Beast and She hulk look like really awesome characters?

#4473 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

Totally agree with above BUT I wasn't even really referring to their skills in the game. I meant more so their standings as Marvel characters within the Universe itself. I view 4* Characters as Elite Marvel characters. Phoenix, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dormammu, Odin, Hyperion, Hercules and so on would all be worthy of becoming 4 stars. 

#4474 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:00 AM

Totally agree with above BUT I wasn't even really referring to their skills in the game. I meant more so their standings as Marvel characters within the Universe itself. I view 4* Characters as Elite Marvel characters. Phoenix, Galactus, Silver Surfer, Dormammu, Odin, Hyperion, Hercules and so on would all be worthy of becoming 4 stars. 

Oh I got you now.  If thats the case I wouldnt put Nick Fury as a 4*. I mean he's ok but its not even the right one at that.  Having that nick fury in there is like saying we need Maria Hill as a 3* in the game too.

But yeah a 4* should be a God level character.  Wolvering gets a 4* for popularity just on general principal though.

Invisible woman, elektra, and star lord should never have been a "legendary" character when there are people like Thanos and the ones you mentioned in the Marvel universe.  Having said that Falcon should be a 2* and our new Squirrel girl should be that or lower.

#4475 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:36 AM

Oh I got you now.  If thats the case I wouldnt put Nick Fury as a 4*. I mean he's ok but its not even the right one at that.  Having that nick fury in there is like saying we need Maria Hill as a 3* in the game too.

But yeah a 4* should be a God level character.  Wolvering gets a 4* for popularity just on general principal though.

Invisible woman, elektra, and star lord should never have been a "legendary" character when there are people like Thanos and the ones you mentioned in the Marvel universe.  Having said that Falcon should be a 2* and our new Squirrel girl should be that or lower.

Hah definitely.

I am fine having 3*s be a gambit... also I would like to see Gambit haha. But yeah 1-3 stars alright whatever you can mix and max but 4* should be reserved as the top of the top. And I agree with you on that Nick but regardless I always just picture him as his old standard 90s gruff old Nick Fury...

But really we all know who the true FIVE star should be... the only true Nick Fury.

nickfurymain.jpg

#4476 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:11 AM

Good point. It'd really be nice to see some God/Cosmic (Thanos!) 4-star characters out there.

Realized I've been playing the game over a year now. Definitely starting to feel burnt out. I mean you just keep having to play more and more in order to place anywhere decent. I'm just not into putting 2-3 hours each day into the game to be sure I stay above 100 place just to get one more cover. And then if you loose out and miss the new/essential character you're screwed for the next round.

#4477 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

I would contend that Sue Storm gets to be a 4*, they just gave her a dumb set of powers in the game. When they realized in the comics that maybe she shouldn't be the Princess Peach of the Fantastic Four, they decided to go the other way and put her on par or better than just about every telekinetic mutant, plus invisibility. I think there is potential in the character, but it's not a high priority for the devs to fix when they can just release new ones.

X-Force is good, use him in just about every fight. Fury is good. I think he gets to be a 4* not so much for his innate powers, but more for his leadership perks. I know he's supposed to be a different Fury, but they make Movie Fury and Animated Fury out to be always-one-step-ahead, nine-lives-like-a-cat Sooper Secret Agent. Makes sense he'd be set up that way in the game.

4* Thor is built completely around throwing blue, then throwing red. At max power, that combo does about 10k to one character and stuns another. Slow like the other versions of Thor, but nobody matches the pure damage output just from AP collection. Plus, they got to support the "Hey, We Have Women In Our Comics" theme Marvel was promoting. See also: Squirrel Girl. Considering we didn't get iStark or Falcon America, it wasn't about supporting the character shuffle.

Devil... is fan pandering, so I give him a pass. He does make an effective scarecrow for a last hour push. There is just so much health to work through, and his purple slows down your match even further. But, he's really just something for the whales to spend on, unless you had a super lucky set of tokens during anniversary week.

Elektra I think only exists so they could run the Hand event. I have no idea why that's important, but there you go. Traps are worse than countdowns. I suspect getting a bunch of covers makes her interesting when you can drop a bajillion black traps and completely avoid damage, but there's no incentive to get there.

Starlord - I think I might actually like his power set, but will reserve judgement until the high cover levels are known. He could be the 4* version of Hood, or a complete dud. At least it looks like you get to place some of the countdowns, but not on other countdowns, so he doesn't get the Steve Anti-Goon Seal of Approval.

And honestly, I'm not interested in seeing a playable Thanos or the like. What I would like to see from this tier of character is something like an enemy event, where you get multiple attempts to attack the same health bar. Kind of like a reverse survival mode - you can chew through your entire roster trying to take down a huge health pool. Punisher would be super important, or excluded.

Or even better, set it up as an alliance thing - your entire alliance gets to fight the same health pool, and beating the foe before time runs out gives an alliance reward. Heck, you could do themed events like X-Men boosted against Apocalypse, or Asgardians boosted against Surtur, Fantastic Four against Galactus, etc.

In any case, trying to decide how hard I want to take a stab at getting Starlord. Missing that top 50 just rubs salt in the wounds with Stormhawk green as your consolation prize. Sheesh.

#4478 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

And honestly, I'm not interested in seeing a playable Thanos or the like. What I would like to see from this tier of character is something like an enemy event, where you get multiple attempts to attack the same health bar. Kind of like a reverse survival mode - you can chew through your entire roster trying to take down a huge health pool. Punisher would be super important, or excluded.

Or even better, set it up as an alliance thing - your entire alliance gets to fight the same health pool, and beating the foe before time runs out gives an alliance reward. Heck, you could do themed events like X-Men boosted against Apocalypse, or Asgardians boosted against Surtur, Fantastic Four against Galactus, etc.

They do similar events (or at least they did not sure anymore) in the Marvel Avengers Alliance where you would have to call the aid of your alliances to help fight the huge bosses of the events. They then would appear on everyone's mission bars and you could do as much damage as you could before they either wiped you or fled. I would really like to see something similar in MPQ!

#4479 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:05 PM

they should of stuck to  8 hour timers .

#4480 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:48 PM

I miss being in the main Alliance just because I enjoyed checking up on everyone's rosters and seeing how they all were growing. I miss having Koju's Roster to stare at and be determined to get to that level haha

That being said how is everyone's going? What characters have you guys been focusing on the most with your ISO and any characters you have sitting with ample covers but are just waiting to pull the trigger on with some ISO down the road?

I am focusing on Deadpool and Blade still. I am going to take them to 166 just because I want to haha Blade is 164 and Deadpool is 159 They have become staples in my main teams and so I figured they deserved the highest health pool and match damage they can!

#4481 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

I miss being in the main Alliance just because I enjoyed checking up on everyone's rosters and seeing how they all were growing. I miss having Koju's Roster to stare at and be determined to get to that level haha

That being said how is everyone's going? What characters have you guys been focusing on the most with your ISO and any characters you have sitting with ample covers but are just waiting to pull the trigger on with some ISO down the road?

I am focusing on Deadpool and Blade still. I am going to take them to 166 just because I want to haha Blade is 164 and Deadpool is 159 They have become staples in my main teams and so I figured they deserved the highest health pool and match damage they can!

You can always look at my roster by searching for the alliance. ;)

Right now I'm stuck with how to spend my resources. Once I maxed X-Force, ISO has been trickling into boosted and new characters here and there, and I'm pretty much banking HP except for roster slots and an occasional slot machine pull.

I'm at the 4* transition, so I should be spending on Thor (low on covers, but goal is to get her to 270) and Fury (cover maxed with the wrong covers, but no levels). But I look at characters like Blade, Luke Cage or Rocket/Groot, and I want to improve them for when they get boosted. I've also been playing with the Patch/Hulk bomb as my B team, so I feel like I need to get Patch his last dozen levels and respec his yellow to 5.

And you keep telling us Deadpool is awesome, I have him at 96 with 4/4/4 and he's boosted this event. So there is that. But having a maxed 3* Thor is already making this pretty easy - just don't have the optimal grind in me with 3 hour refreshes.

Part of the problem is my X-Force/Daken/<whoever> team is good enough to get me the rewards I want in PvP, so there are no progression hurdles beyond competing in the big leagues with 4* Thor. In PvE, I either have at least one of the boosted characters leveled, or I just spread the pain across my roster.

#4482 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:28 PM

I'm at the 4* transition, so I should be spending on Thor (low on covers, but goal is to get her to 270) and Fury (cover maxed with the wrong covers, but no levels). But I look at characters like Blade, Luke Cage or Rocket/Groot, and I want to improve them for when they get boosted. I've also been playing with the Patch/Hulk bomb as my B team, so I feel like I need to get Patch his last dozen levels and respec his yellow to 5.

And you keep telling us Deadpool is awesome, I have him at 96 with 4/4/4 and he's boosted this event. So there is that. But having a maxed 3* Thor is already making this pretty easy - just don't have the optimal grind in me with 3 hour refreshes.

Part of the problem is my X-Force/Daken/<whoever> team is good enough to get me the rewards I want in PvP, so there are no progression hurdles beyond competing in the big leagues with 4* Thor. In PvE, I either have at least one of the boosted characters leveled, or I just spread the pain across my roster.

Damn, I am nowhere near the 4* transition. I am just sitting pretty with all my strong 3*s haha Speaking of, I actually got another blue IW and had to sell it since I already have her at 5 in that. Otherwise I do not really have any strong set up 4*s. X-Force and IW are close but seeing as all of my 4*s are only level 70 tackling their progression seems extremely daunting. I still don't even have a single 4* Thor : (((

I maxed my Patch a couple months back and was very glad I did. Ever since the True Healing update he has become increasingly more relevant I feel like and is really good to start long play sessions with and then when he is low you can always just play low level nodes with a maxed yellow to make him heal right back up.

I know what you mean though about PvP. I have been tempted to level up all the required characters but in the end my 166s and those close to that are usually more than equipped to handle whatever it throws at me so that is why I decided to just max the couple characters I use most often.

Oh yeah, and Deadpool is awesome : P

But seriously I have not touched this new event at all yet, how is it looking? You can't look at rewards like the previous events lately. What is the prize beyond Star-Lord? Who is boosted?

#4483 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:37 PM

Leveling 4* characters is a 'one level at a time' process. The easiest way is to try and level cap whenever you get a cover - that's why I find Fury daunting, but Thor not as much. I can level cap her with a little more than 30k ISO (got two reds one after the other), but Fury can eat like a million.

But seriously I have not touched this new event at all yet, how is it looking? You can't look at rewards like the previous events lately. What is the prize beyond Star-Lord? Who is boosted?

If you don't get top 50 for Star-Lord, top 150 gets a green Mohawk Storm, then green 2* Wolverine for top 400.

Boosted:
3*: Thor, Deadpool, and Spider-Man
2*: Cap, Hawkeye and Storm

#4484 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

Leveling 4* characters is a 'one level at a time' process. The easiest way is to try and level cap whenever you get a cover - that's why I find Fury daunting, but Thor not as much. I can level cap her with a little more than 30k ISO (got two reds one after the other), but Fury can eat like a million.

If you don't get top 50 for Star-Lord, top 150 gets a green Mohawk Storm, then green 2* Wolverine for top 400.

Boosted:
3*: Thor, Deadpool, and Spider-Man
2*: Cap, Hawkeye and Storm

I can see that with the 4*s. Since I get them so sparingly that if I had them at their respective caps each new time wouldn't be all that bad. I just have to commit and say I am done leveling 3*s for a while though to get X-Force at his cap right now, that is like over 100 levels!

And damn, Thor and Deadpool? I am set. I will hopefully squeeze into a great bracket towards the end but if not hopefully I can at least score the Stormhawk... though really I have no idea what mine is at.. I think she is almost power maxed actually.. eh.

#4485 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:17 PM

If I don't get a Blade cover from the Squirel Girl tournament I should at least get one from the 3000 point reward today.

Will probably be missing the 4000 10 pack reward if the blade is the last event in the season.

I'll start thick as thieves later. I know I won't be able to win a star lord and stormhawk isn't a great pull for me.

#4486 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

If I don't get a Blade cover from the Squirel Girl tournament I should at least get one from the 3000 point reward today.
Will probably be missing the 4000 10 pack reward if the blade is the last event in the season.

I'll start thick as thieves later. I know I won't be able to win a star lord and stormhawk isn't a great pull for me.

Should be one more event after Blade. Between two events and the Simulator (assuming you haven't already gotten to the wall), you should be able to get 1000 more points in the season.

#4487 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

This has been a bad season for me for PvP and don't think I even placed in the top 100 for any of the events but my token pulls made up for those.  PvE got a big boost but all I got was handful of covers that I won't be able to put in my rotation for a while.  

#4488 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   256 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

I've been a fan of blade since that PvE where he was boosted.   Just got my green blade from CoverSquirrel, so he'll probably get all my ISO for a while.

Once he' s full, Deadpool is next in line waiting to be fed.

#4489 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

anyone want to post their thick PVE  nod scores  and leader scores. will post mine when  it closes at 6... Tons of outrage if your in the first slice some people was able to score pts other did not as a nod opened that was not to open.  was opened for 3 hour and they are not going to remove the points people got from them

NOD  1       ME    23 spot  with  18k          Leader  24k

#4490 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:11 AM

Im glad Im not in that slice. I would be really pissed if I lost out on points and could never make the difference up. 

Also is there heavy competition? I dont even remember what slice Im in, I want to say 3 or 4, hell maybe Im in 2.  However my point is Ive been in the top 50 with no major grindage or anything. If they would make better tiers instead of 11-50 gets 1 cover, Id be in the top 20-25.  Thats neither here nor there though.  At my current pace Im likely to get that 1 starlord cover.

Ive also found that if I want to play pvp, pick the 3am end times.  I jumped in at 2am last night for the cover squirrel PVP and was #6 right off the bat.  Just pretty much played an hour straight and held 5 for the longest.  Managed to beat out the other guy and make it to #4 with 525 points.  Whoever was #1 really wanted it as he was 900 points.  All in all an hour for 3 blade covers? Yeah I'll take it! Oh and there were only 27 people in my bracket so that was fun. The 6th person was about 100 points away from getting top 5, so its always good to see that I was safe on maintaining my rank.

#4491 ironsmudgie  

ironsmudgie

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:37 AM

I (bean) am in the 1st slice and got screwed by the extra sub glitch. Can't get back to top 5 now.

#4492 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

So Because Im bored, and you need a laugh, lets take a look at our new 4* through the magic of Animated Gifs from the GotG movie.  Which are more fun than what will be his animations in game.....

bAjxhTH.jpg

Oh Dont be that way, you know who.....

giphy.gif

Sleight of Hand 10 purpletile.png
Peter pulls the old switcheroo and swaps one of his enemy's possessions with a little surprise. He turns a selected non-Countdown tile into a 3-turn Countdown tile which deals 785 damage to the enemy.

tumblr_n4gbppCNee1qil3vwo1_250.gifgiphy.gif

Everyone With Me 7 yellowtile.png
Star-Lord quickly pulls together a plan - or at least most of one. Places a 3-turn Countdown tile. While at least one such tile is on the board, all friendly Red and Yellow ability costs are reduced by 1.

tumblr_n7bedzqqkx1qdfs7xo1_250.gif

Oldest Trick in the Book 8 redtile.png
Star-Lord points past his enemy and shouts "Hey! Is that Beta Ray Bill?" before swinging in with a sucker punch. He creates a 2-turn Countdown tile which deals 612 damage. While at least one such tile is on the board, all enemy Red and Green ability costs are increased by 1.

tumblr_nagiz7WrP51srnwquo5_500.gif

And because absolutely no one asked for it, but you know you want it, this.... we all know Star Lords killer moves are umm killer!

gotg+dance.gifGuardians-of-the-galaxy-Funny-Dance-Off-

#4493 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:20 AM

Im glad Im not in that slice. I would be really pissed if I lost out on points and could never make the difference up. 

Also is there heavy competition? I dont even remember what slice Im in, I want to say 3 or 4, hell maybe Im in 2.  However my point is Ive been in the top 50 with no major grindage or anything. If they would make better tiers instead of 11-50 gets 1 cover, Id be in the top 20-25.  Thats neither here nor there though.  At my current pace Im likely to get that 1 starlord cover.

Ive also found that if I want to play pvp, pick the 3am end times.  I jumped in at 2am last night for the cover squirrel PVP and was #6 right off the bat.  Just pretty much played an hour straight and held 5 for the longest.  Managed to beat out the other guy and make it to #4 with 525 points.  Whoever was #1 really wanted it as he was 900 points.  All in all an hour for 3 blade covers? Yeah I'll take it! Oh and there were only 27 people in my bracket so that was fun. The 6th person was about 100 points away from getting top 5, so its always good to see that I was safe on maintaining my rank.

i was going to do that  pick the  4am end time and get up around 3 am to just jump but  did not feel like it.  Crap  

due to a glitch  was given a 10 pack that i must out on last season and   hit a 3 star and though   MAYBE THEY COME IN GROUPS so opened up the 10 pack

black widow  2  star  2 black

bullseye  2 purple

cap  ameria  yellow

dakken black

human torch  b

moonstone

so  was like wow these sucked  but then the last two 

Deadpool   red   

but the best

deadpool  Purple  can finally use  WHALES WOOOOO

though i would been pissed if i paid for it 

edit. i guess deadpool sucks unless you can max him  wow  now the pack is really junk  LOL

#4494 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Are you sure you want to tell me how to get in your easy bracket? I've been joining the PvPs earlier this week for the double ISO, able to no-stress place for a Blade cover, and I don't need any Thor from Blade's event. Probably try for the progression cover, though.

I'm seeing some competition for the multiple covers in PvE, but not too bad. I've missed a refresh here and there, but have been in the 20-30s whenever I finish a cycle. When I miss, I only fall to about 60. I'm in slice 4, 968 players in the bracket.

Already knew going in that I had too much going on this week to grindfest for a top spot, but I'll be pulling my weight.

I (bean) am in the 1st slice and got screwed by the extra sub glitch. Can't get back to top 5 now.

That's messed up. I was reading about that and I'm just shaking my head about the solution being "anyone who lucked into this glitch and took advantage of their luck just gets to win". I'm sure someone in that group will have something come up where they fall behind, but something tells me anyone who missed the glitch has no chance.

#4495 Marauder7   Casual Gamer CAGiversary!   1897 Posts   Joined 10.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

Decided to jump and and ended up being 950+ so I'm pretty much screwed for the PvE.  Opened up my 10 pack and picked a the new powers for Doom and Loki.

#4496 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:15 PM

so  was like wow these sucked  but then the last two 

Deadpool   red   

but the best

deadpool  Purple  can finally use  WHALES WOOOOO

though i would been pissed if i paid for it 

edit. i guess deadpool sucks unless you can max him  wow  now the pack is really junk  LOL

Here's the kicker on Deadpool, the Red is great.  It takes off X % of health regardless of level.  I have mine at 5 and for 6 red AP I can cut an enemies health by 66%.  Thats really great when facing a level 300 Ares and I can cut his health down to normal levels.  So during this PVE where deadpool is buffed and 3* Thor it basically comes down to a combo of Deadpool red on everyone then kill everyone in one shot with Lazy Thors Green.

AS for Purple now this shines awesomely even if you only have 1 cover so consider yourself lucky! That is if you have the deadpool points.  Once you have all your deadpool points saved up, press the button, you'll be glad you did.  You can do it once out of curiosity but save it for a really hard node.  We love you instant win button.

Are you sure you want to tell me how to get in your easy bracket? I've been joining the PvPs earlier this week for the double ISO, able to no-stress place for a Blade cover, and I don't need any Thor from Blade's event. Probably try for the progression cover, though.

Lol hey if it works for you it does, I cant stop you.  However since Broly shared his tactic with PvP; how many of us got it to work? Ive had really shitty brackets and ended up in virtually last place.  However, how many people are really going to start a new bracket at 2am? So logically the odds are in the players favor going in at that time. 

Blade Pvp is for lazy thor, and I have 5 in green.  I do need more yellow though. I have 3 in red & want it to stay that way, but I can always use the covers to move his level cap up and repsc him later.

I do want to know: at what point do you stop using the given loaner character in PvP?  I never use my own so that Daken/X-force have their icons on the tiles & I dont have to worry about the featured weak character dying.  Also by using the loaner I dont waste healthpacks on my own.  In the current Blade pvp I wouldnt want my blade using up the black AP anyways since X-force Surgical strike is a better use for it.  I would like to use his purple though since I stockpile that as neither one of them use it.  Anyone who's started PvP, whats the loaner Blade's power?

#4497 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1876 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

I do want to know: at what point do you stop using the given loaner character in PvP?  I never use my own so that Daken/X-force have their icons on the tiles & I dont have to worry about the featured weak character dying.  Also by using the loaner I dont waste healthpacks on my own.  In the current Blade pvp I wouldnt want my blade using up the black AP anyways since X-force Surgical strike is a better use for it.  I would like to use his purple though since I stockpile that as neither one of them use it.  Anyone who's started PvP, whats the loaner Blade's power?

You know, I don't usually use the loaner unless my version is out of action or is currently required in PvE and I'm chewing through health packs. Occasionally I may use the loaner if there's a power conflict, but the AI seems to be getting better with relative power usage, so that's rarely an issue.

Loaner Blade's power is black.

#4498 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7720 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

Here's the kicker on Deadpool, the Red is great. 

bqpzgj.jpg

#4499 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

Here's the kicker on Deadpool, the Red is great.  It takes off X % of health regardless of level.  I have mine at 5 and for 6 red AP I can cut an enemies health by 66%.  Thats really great when facing a level 300 Ares and I can cut his health down to normal levels.  So during this PVE where deadpool is buffed and 3* Thor it basically comes down to a combo of Deadpool red on everyone then kill everyone in one shot with Lazy Thors Green.

AS for Purple now this shines awesomely even if you only have 1 cover so consider yourself lucky! That is if you have the deadpool points.  Once you have all your deadpool points saved up, press the button, you'll be glad you did.  You can do it once out of curiosity but save it for a really hard node.  We love you instant win button.

Lol hey if it works for you it does, I cant stop you.  However since Broly shared his tactic with PvP; how many of us got it to work? Ive had really shitty brackets and ended up in virtually last place.  However, how many people are really going to start a new bracket at 2am? So logically the odds are in the players favor going in at that time. 

Blade Pvp is for lazy thor, and I have 5 in green.  I do need more yellow though. I have 3 in red & want it to stay that way, but I can always use the covers to move his level cap up and repsc him later.

not sure what to do with this  PVP event   1am or 4am. Thinking of getting up at  230 am and joining a bracket but this is the last slice meaning  major players are going to be in the bracket.  ALSO you said  how many are going to start a new bracket at 2am. Bad thing about this if the brackets are 1000 players   the brackets stay open till filled right  (meaning the last bracket might have 995 people in  it and you would get screwed coing in late) 

so far tried it twice  (last 3 or 4 hours )   sunday got top 100 got  S.girl cover maybe noone wanted.  weds got  185th  got  2nd level

#4500 eldergamer   Gold Star For Robot Boy CAGiversary!   6635 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

eldergamer

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

Haven't even started the Hood PvE event. I know I have no chance of winning a star lord. Concentrating more on the PvP for now. Hope tu get at least one thor cover from the blade event and then enough points for my 10 pack next time.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P