* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#4621 HuBu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

so who is doing the pve event for IF?

#4622 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

and I'm one day from my first lady Thor.

I'm one day ahead of you, gravel - I get my red Thor today when the daily kicks over. I have been hording ISO for it, because I think this might be the cover that gets her into 166+ range or very close to it.

EDIT: I must have miscounted. Get my red tomorrow. Doh.

I just checked and I get mine tomorrow too.  I thought I missed a day here or there. How did I catch up to you guys?  I swear you guys were a couple days ahead.

#4623 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:00 PM

I just checked and I get mine tomorrow too.  I thought I missed a day here or there. How did I catch up to you guys?  I swear you guys were a couple days ahead.

I was only one ahead of you, and lost a day while dealing with some family stuff. I thought I had played every day, but think it ended up being too early on one day and too late on the other or something.

#4624 WutDaHenk   War Eagle! CAGiversary!   1451 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:25 PM

OH!

As the grandfather of this thread... I... literally poop my pants... : )

On the whole, it seems like... really stressing you out and it's probably worth going a little more casual for a while. If you do..daily..., you'll get a...a day and anything else will be gravy.

tumblr_mutq8tS9fy1qhxazgo1_250.jpg

So having said all that hows the game going? Scaling like crazy? Yep....new cover smell, people want bad.  Which yeah I get because he will be powered up for the next event right? But the event after that I'll probably have the essential cover unless they release someone else new.  Ha I found your trick MPQ! Plus all these Hood cover rewards are getting old and dont make me want to play.

Speaking about always having the hot new cover remember when people tried so hard for colossus and beast? Oh yeah no one cares anymore do they? Doc Ock? Hmm...love me some squirrel girl but people are trying to get her desperately.  Just funny how people want that one essential character for that one event, then after its just oh yeah I need some covers for him.  I think Blade is the most recent character that Im really seeking & that 1 last purple for Deadpool. Im glad everyone's getting their Hood maxed though, feels like what recently happened with me and Dr Doom after his purple power was released.

#4625 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

Plus all these Hood cover rewards are getting old and dont make me want to play.

Yeah, he does seem to have been given out a lot lately. Guess it's one way to make sure everyone gets a taste of one of the top 3*s.

I'm hoping the Hood PvP has someone newer that we haven't seen in a little while as a reward, like Luke Cage, Blade, or Squirrel Girl. The down side is that high scores are going to be rough with top end players rolling with maxed Hoods on top of Thorverine. I suspect the Loki event is the same way, but I'm going to try blitzing that one - don't need anything in the award structure other than a lucky bracket for a blue Fury.

#4626 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

So having said all that hows the game going? Scaling like crazy? Yep....new cover smell, people want bad.  Which yeah I get because he will be powered up for the next event right? But the event after that I'll probably have the essential cover unless they release someone else new.  Ha I found your trick MPQ! Plus all these Hood cover rewards are getting old and dont make me want to play.

Speaking about always having the hot new cover remember when people tried so hard for colossus and beast? Oh yeah no one cares anymore do they? Doc Ock? Hmm...love me some squirrel girl but people are trying to get her desperately.  Just funny how people want that one essential character for that one event, then after its just oh yeah I need some covers for him.  I think Blade is the most recent character that Im really seeking & that 1 last purple for Deadpool. Im glad everyone's getting their Hood maxed though, feels like what recently happened with me and Dr Doom after his purple power was released.

There are a few recent characters ( Luke Cage, Cyclops, Colossus, Blade) that I would love more covers for, but there isn't much I could do to get more of them aside from spending a bunch of HP.  I'm still working on old characters too (I still need that last purple Falcon :pray: ), but that's what happens when you have this many covers.  I still need a green Punisher, red Psylocke, green Loki, and any Mags just to fully cover those, without even worrying about how I want them covered.  I am up to 6 166s, so it's nice to have some variety of who I use.

#4627 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Just got my 10-pack.  5 2-stars, purple SG, black Cage, black Torch, blue Hood, black X-Force.  The only 3 star I don't need is the Torch cover.  Might be the best 10 pack I've had.  :)

#4628 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 10:45 PM

Just got my 10-pack.  5 2-stars, purple SG, black Cage, black Torch, blue Hood, black X-Force.  The only 3 star I don't need is the Torch cover.  Might be the best 10 pack I've had.  :)

Nice!

I stupidly have bought a couple Prodigal PvE Tokens hoping to nab IF with no luck : / 

So I never really used Spiderman because for the first few months I never could get a single cover for him. How does he hold up now with all the other additions? I have taken a side track to get these damn 2 and 1 star characters leveled but am still largely focusing on getting Hood, Steve and BP up to 166. I was looking at who I have that could rise through the ranks  and at least get to a usable 100+ based on what covers I have and Spiderman seems to be a prime candidate. I cannot recall what his build is but I think he has at least 11/13 powers trained. Just curious then on how often you guys use him now with all the other characters available.

It will be a while until I get those three up to 166 and max out those 2 and 1 stars but just curious.

#4629 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:06 PM

Personally, I think Spidey has a great set of abilities for Survival nodes.   Defense tiles, periodic healing, and the occasional stun is just what the doctor ordered, especially paired with Hulk & Steve.

#4630 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 February 2015 - 11:13 PM

Spider-Man isn't too bad these days. He's very useful in PvE Survival nodes due to his passive protect tiles and team healing. And a 5 AP stun isn't too bad. Considering there's now a daily survival you can use him in, not a bad investment.

In PvP, he's not as useful as he once was. Protect tiles aren't so valuable, and the AI doesn't use his heal correctly.

#4631 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:10 AM

Those thinknig about jumping in late to  PVP.  Jumped into the 7pm end time at 6pm and  they are filling very slowly.

123 people when i jumped  212  when it ended.

349 pts was good enough for 22th.. another  blue hood now puts my hood at   1-3-3   now can grab  green and red  WOO 

#4632 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

I really enjoy like Spider-Man, but I never had a decent one before the healing changes.  I love the instant defense tiles and healing for survival nodes, especially if you use him with someone else who can make use of those purple tiles.  I haven't invested in him heavily enough to use him more often, but he is good for preserving team health in PvP.  I used him quite a bit against the Hand goons, since they have plenty of low hitting attacks that add up quickly without defense tiles.

#4633 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

8 heroics from the end of the season and the maybe some subs, plus two tacos, all 2 stars.  :wall:

Anyone seen tigger?  According to the daily bonus, he hasn't been around in two days.  Also, do we have someone for our 20th spot?

#4634 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

Anyone seen tigger?  According to the daily bonus, he hasn't been around in two days.  Also, do we have someone for our 20th spot?

Not sure on Tigger, but Edd just came back to fill the spot.

#4635 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

So since I've been back, I haven't played anything but the Daily Deadpool Quest for Epic Loot of Awesomeness. They're proving to be pretty lucrative. The first thing I had to do was max my fully covered 1* Iron Man to 50. That ate up all my remaining iso. Left me with 30. Not 30k, just 30. By only playing the DDQ, I'm back up over 46k, and I've only been playing again for a little over a week. 

I opened all the tokens I received from you guys upon my return, and they yielded nothing. Since then, I haven't opened a single one, so there's all that iso sitting there, too.

I'll start back in the PvX scene once the new season starts. It's the perfect game to play while putting my youngest to sleep, since the Vita and 3DS require 1 too many hands while holding a child, because, let's be honest - as far as free games go, I'd rather spend an hour playing Rogue Legacy than an MPQ PvP.

EDIT: Oh yeah. You guys should watch Wheel of Fortune on Wednesday. I'll be the tall guy in the blue position. Wonder if anyone else on CAG has ever appeared on the show.

#4636 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

EDIT: Oh yeah. You guys should watch Wheel of Fortune on Wednesday. I'll be the tall guy in the blue position. Wonder if anyone else on CAG has ever appeared on the show.

Nerd Alert: According to my DVR, you are in season 32, episode 123 - which my brain interpreted as a palindrome.

#4637 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:33 PM

Haven't heard of any other WOF contestants, though JimmieMac from the forums was on a season of Hell's Kitchen.

#4638 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

Nerd Alert: According to my DVR, you are in season 32, episode 123 - which my brain interpreted as a palindrome.

I have a degree in accounting, with minors in math and finance. Numbers might be an important part of my life. Nice catch!!

You know what's also palindromic? $1,001,001

#4639 HuBu   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1330 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:17 PM

out of 6 Prodigal Sun tokens - 

Red DAMoonstone

Blue Hood

Purple Fury

Blue MnMag

Yellow Thorina

Red MnMag

Was hoping for an IF too. Holding at 43rd  - hoping for two covers.

#4640 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:40 PM

I have a degree in accounting, with minors in math and finance. Numbers might be an important part of my life. Nice catch!!

I stare at numbers all day, and have a habit for looking for 'human' patterns, as they stand out to non-numbers people and raise questions.

Then again, I'm always looking for patterns in my odometer, so maybe I just have a problem. 

out of 6 Prodigal Sun tokens - 
Red DAMoonstone
Blue Hood
Purple Fury
Blue MnMag
Yellow Thorina
Red MnMag

Was hoping for an IF too. Holding at 43rd  - hoping for two covers.

Dang, I thought I had a good token pull this morning, getting 4 3*s out of 8 heroics (only one I could use, but hey), but two 4*s in one batch is pretty sweet. They're even for the better characters!

#4641 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

Damn, two 4*s?!

The only 4* I ever get from tokens is IW.

Speaking of 4* though I jumped in to the Hood PvP last night with 15 minutes remaining and snagged the #1 spot out of 20 hahah. I now have a 5/5/3 Sentry as well as my first cover for Starlord!

And yes Ltrain!! I have had that on my calendar since you told us hahah Unfortunately I have class Wednesday nights and so I have family in IN recording it for me and when i go visit them in a couple weeks I will watch it!

When you guys talk about his performance you should put it in spoilers because I want to be surprised as I watch it!

#4642 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

When you guys talk about his performance you should put it in spoilers because I want to be surprised as I watch it!

He already ruined the surprise:

You know what's also palindromic? $1,001,001

That's a lot of HP/ISO.

#4643 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:27 PM

He already ruined the surprise:

That's a lot of HP/ISO.

Bahahah I thought the same thing! : P

Speaking of, I may not be having the best luck with getting covers with my Taco Tokens but I have gotten 250 HP twice now! So that is cool! : P

#4644 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:55 PM

The latest D3 Video FAQ is up:

tl;dr:  To their knowledge, all game issues are solved by DP DQ.

#4645 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:53 PM

Hm.

They mention that people who do not need the 3*s from DPDQ should be bringing in on average 375 HP per two weeks. The way it is worded it seems he is implying that we would be selling those extra 3* covers, but as all of us vets know, we no longer get HP for selling our covers. I am sure he means on average due to the HP rewards being in the Taco Tokens and so on average if you are playing each day you should be bringing in that much, but still he worded it oddly especially seeing as we did use to get that HP... which I am STILL sour about haha

Overall they are right though, DPDQ does really solve a bunch of problems which is great.

As an artist I always cringe when I hear other artists talk who clearly aren't comfortable doing so. I have a bunch of peers that are the same way, amazing at what they do but when you have them start to talk about it they clearly clam up, which was the case here. Not to mention when they talk about their teams he clearly barely plays the game it would seem judging by not only his team but how and why he expressed his reasoning for that team hah.

#4646 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, aside from the slim chance of winning some hp in the taco lottery, the DQ clearly doesn't solve the problem of roster spots rising to ridiculous prices as people collect the biweekly character releases.

For the veteran who needs 1350hp to add a slot, a tiny chance at an occasionall 250/1000 doesn't mean much.

The obvious solution is to cap the roster slot price, but every single Q&A has failed to acknowledge that as a possibility.

#4647 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:06 PM

Yeah, aside from the slim chance of winning some hp in the taco lottery, the DQ clearly doesn't solve the problem of roster spots rising to ridiculous prices as people collect the biweekly character releases.

For the veteran who needs 1350hp to add a slot, a tiny chance at an occasionall 250/1000 doesn't mean much.

The obvious solution is to cap the roster slot price, but every single Q&A has failed to acknowledge that as a possibility.

I am a vet but only need 600 per slot at the moment still ; P

And that is with 2 new stupid 2*s and 3 new stupid 1*s taking up space in my roster

Plus then every single 3* available and all 4*s except Thor and Elektra 

#4648 Ltrain23   Luigi Death Stare CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

3 new stupid 1*s taking up space in my roster

Why did you keep 3? I only have an Iron Man, and he cleans up the first daily node with ease.

#4649 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:02 PM

Why did you keep 3? I only have an Iron Man, and he cleans up the first daily node with ease.

I only have Juggernaut, and he does the job fine.  It's amusing to see how low his damage is when you match one of his bad colors.

#4650 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:03 PM

Because I did not think of that. hahah

At first I only had a super basic IM and so he couldnt handle it on his own so I pulled in Venom and Juggernaut. I gave Venom some ISO but you are right, I should just get Iron Man to max and then I can get rid of the other two whenever I need a new slot opened up.

My Iron Man at the moment still sucks. Since deciding to keep them for DPDQ, I have since gotten TEN Blue Iron Man covers and very few of any other color for him haha

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P