* * * * * 3 votes

Marvel Puzzle Quest Discussion Thread

Marvel Puzzle Quest Android Dark Reign F2P

#5101 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Yeah seeing as I have every single 3* other than Gamora at fully leveled covers it will force my hand to get more of them to actually 166 hah

#5102 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:47 AM

Woah woah woah.

I don't watch their videos and all about the updates and I just found out that starting the 13th we can no longer use HP to buy cover upgrades? WTF.

That is total horseshit. I spent $100 HP on this last sale to keep as a stockpile and so I have been sitting on a little over 16k so that once I got a 3rd color for Prof X, Hulkbuster or 4* Cyclops I would buy a bunch of their covers to get them near maxed. I am super freaking pissed because as it stands I still do not have all three covers available for ANY of those characters and I sure as shit am not going to sit on that much HP past their swap of currencies. 

If it will be costing us 120 CP to buy a 4* cover that will take FOREVERRR. And if they are doing that they should give us the option to turn our HP to CP then. It costs 2500 HP to get a 4* cover now and so I should be able to turn 15,000 HP into 720 CP.

This Champion thing took me by surprise since I don't keep up with the news on this as much and I was pleasantly surprised and thought. 'hey maybe I will start playing MPQ more again' but with this change to the currency I am really getting rubbed the wrong way.

Star Wars Galactic Heroes has pulled me in and if they keep pumping MPQ down the toilet I may fully switch over. : /

#5103 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:04 PM

Well, can you add six more levels to Kamala and get the 1700 progression in Shield Sim? That would get you another Legendary Token, and maybe luck will favor the annoyed?

But yeah, I'm not real sure what the point of this change is, except maybe they want to encourage buyer clubs.

#5104 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 January 2016 - 05:35 PM

Well, can you add six more levels to Kamala and get the 1700 progression in Shield Sim? That would get you another Legendary Token, and maybe luck will favor the annoyed?

But yeah, I'm not real sure what the point of this change is, except maybe they want to encourage buyer clubs.

I actually got super freaking excited last night as I opened up a Legendary and it had Cyclops! But another Red... : /

I really want the Blue for Hulkbuster or Cyclops and the chances of that happening in the next couple days are so very slim. As it draws to the time I will just have to boost up the Thing seeing as he is the best character that I have at least all the covers for so that I can buy the rest : /

#5105 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 01:47 AM

Got Kamala to 166 and used that extra cover... And I got an effing X-Force cover... Eff me.

#5106 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

#5107 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 10 January 2016 - 03:48 PM

Woah woah woah.

I don't watch their videos and all about the updates and I just found out that starting the 13th we can no longer use HP to buy cover upgrades? WTF.

That is total horseshit. I spent $100 HP on this last sale to keep as a stockpile and so I have been sitting on a little over 16k so that once I got a 3rd color for Prof X, Hulkbuster or 4* Cyclops I would buy a bunch of their covers to get them near maxed. I am super freaking pissed because as it stands I still do not have all three covers available for ANY of those characters and I sure as shit am not going to sit on that much HP past their swap of currencies. 

If it will be costing us 120 CP to buy a 4* cover that will take FOREVERRR. And if they are doing that they should give us the option to turn our HP to CP then. It costs 2500 HP to get a 4* cover now and so I should be able to turn 15,000 HP into 720 CP.

This Champion thing took me by surprise since I don't keep up with the news on this as much and I was pleasantly surprised and thought. 'hey maybe I will start playing MPQ more again' but with this change to the currency I am really getting rubbed the wrong way.

Star Wars Galactic Heroes has pulled me in and if they keep pumping MPQ down the toilet I may fully switch over. : /

anyone know of any games like this on  Steam...getting bored of this game

ALSO can someone post the

ISO  and  HP you get  for a   3 star champ

i know a  2 star is like 17,500 ISO if you max them

#5108 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

The most similar game I've seen was Ghostbisters Puzzle Fighter, though I only played it for a few days.  Also - looks like that's only mobile, not on PC yet.

For free steam games:

http://www.pcgamesn....lay-games-steam

Total Champion Rewards

2*:  17,500 iso, 250 hp, 5 cp

3*:  57,500 iso, 1000 hp, 50 cp

4*:  112,500 iso, 4000 hp, 250 cp

All the details on Champion prizes can be found here:

https://docs.google....cInY/edit#gid=0

#5109 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

The next 5*: Spider-Man (Back in Black)

Symbiote-free black-suit, Peter Parker Spider-Man

https://en.wikipedia...:_Back_in_Black

#5110 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

The most similar game I've seen was Ghostbisters Puzzle Fighter, though I only played it for a few days.  Also - looks like that's only mobile, not on PC yet.

For free steam games:

http://www.pcgamesn....lay-games-steam

Total Champion Rewards

2*:  17,500 iso, 250 hp, 5 cp

3*:  57,500 iso, 1000 hp, 50 cp

4*:  112,500 iso, 4000 hp, 250 cp

All the details on Champion prizes can be found here:

https://docs.google....cInY/edit#gid=0

thanks for that info.. at least it know tells me how much i could make back...

#5111 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 08:55 PM

I love that I finally start feeling like I may have a fairly usable 4* roster soon and they just keep pummeling the 5*s now even more.

http://marvel.com/ne...suit_spider-man

I thought at first with Silver Surfer it would just be a tiny thing right now to have 5 stars and they would slowly add a few 5*s in between a bunch of 4* but it seems like they are trying to transition the top players to entire 5* teams and already 4*s are the new 3*s. Hell some random kid I have on FB that added me to have more allies already has a maxed Old Man Logan. WTF.

Ugh.

#5112 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:25 PM

I love that I finally start feeling like I may have a fairly usable 4* roster soon and they just keep pummeling the 5*s now even more.

http://marvel.com/ne...suit_spider-man

I thought at first with Silver Surfer it would just be a tiny thing right now to have 5 stars and they would slowly add a few 5*s in between a bunch of 4* but it seems like they are trying to transition the top players to entire 5* teams and already 4*s are the new 3*s. Hell some random kid I have on FB that added me to have more allies already has a maxed Old Man Logan. WTF.

Ugh.

i say unless something major changes  the game will be gone within a year.. With whales no longer being able to buy the new 4 star max  they are going to lose out on  tons of cash.  UNLESS they put  CP for sale 

#5113 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

i say unless something major changes  the game will be gone within a year.. With whales no longer being able to buy the new 4 star max  they are going to lose out on  tons of cash.  UNLESS they put  CP for sale 

The sad thing is with how much whales really do spend I can see people dropping $100s at a time just for the 7CP each go.

#5114 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:29 AM

The sad thing is with how much whales really do spend I can see people dropping $100s at a time just for the 7CP each go.

if there was a very good  4 star that i wanted i did not see a problem with dropping  100  on it.  BUT now i doubt i ever put another penny into this game.. only reason to spend cash is 

Shields  what i never use since i  jump into a PVP within the last  90 mins or less

Tokens  What i will never buy cause i have all of the  3 stars fully  covered  (not 166 max)

Slots      what i will never need unless they  start pushing out more then 2  newbies  a month (very easy to make 2000 a month free)   

Even if i stopped playing today and they  had 2 new people per month i would have enough slots till  Sept 2016 (yeap i have 16 slots open) 

now if they increased the  ISO   on they buying side   10x  maybe i would buy  ISO   but  like i said no reason to buy anything...

i really feel sorry for the people in  2 star land   before  the  3 star events would be dead mans land where you could just play and get covers easy  BUT now  people who have max out 166 need those  3 star covers to get the champ rewards  so almost every  PVE is going to be like  new events  for a least the next  few months. 

#5115 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:08 PM

For anyone not paying attention to other sites, Nova is coming in an event starting Thursday:

http://marvel.com/ne...zzle_quest_nova

#5116 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

well this  REALLY SUCKS  steam or something crashed and its taking me back to day 1

reboot  seemed to fix it for now

#5117 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

For anyone not paying attention to other sites, Nova is coming in an event starting Thursday:

http://marvel.com/ne...zzle_quest_nova

Another character I will not be able to get!

I am torn right now between leveling up my 4* Cyclops and Hulkbuster or continuing to save up ISO to level up and Champion my 3*s. Those two characters are at pretty much usable cover levels and so they just need ISO but then again I would also like to have my 3*s all championed so that I am not forced to sell all their extra covers.

Bah.

#5118 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:33 PM

I championed half of the 3*s - pretty much any that I had leveled over 140.

I look at it this way:

Why didn't I level this character to 166 before?

If I level it to 166 to Champion, will I use this character more often when it isn't required?

Can the ISO be used for something better (both the cover sale and the level costs)?

I sold eight covers for Rocket & Groot in my queue because of this flow chart. Not that I think they are a bad character, but rather, I have better uses for the ISO in getting my 4*s leveled. Once I finish off another two or three 4*s I enjoy using, I'll circle back to 3* and 2* championing.

All that being said - How is your 4* transition going these days? Outside of the lucky token pull, are you getting either the progression or placement 4* or Legendary Tokens from events?

If you are not seeing a regular flow of 4* covers (at least one or two a week), then I change my advice: you will get more value from developing your 3* roster and earning the LT from each champion. That will get your 4* covers flowing, and give you a bigger stable of characters that can earn you more.

EDIT: Forgot to point out that 3* champions give 4* covers as they level up. So if you are looking to develop a certain 4*, championing their 3* partners will give you specific covers to help that process. So, if you are looking for Hulkbuster covers, championing IM40 and Iron Fist will help you. Cyclops? Champion 3* Cyclops and Vision. Etc.

#5119 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

On Koju's last point, you can find the chart of which covers you get from championing each char from:

https://d3go.com/for...php?f=6&t=37687

Since I still don't have a single 4* fully covered, I've been focusing on championing lower chars - so far I've champed 18 3*s and all but 2 2*s.

Now that low-hanging 3* prospects are mostly covered, I've been finally at least getting ISO into the low-leveled 4*s like Jean & Cyke to start getting them usable.

#5120 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 January 2016 - 01:15 AM

I actually did the same thing Koju, I somehow kept getting Grocket covers and I held them for like a week before finally deciding against championing them since they are only 130. And that is a good gauge of how to decide if they are worth Championing; I have been going through a similar mindset.

My main 4*s right now that have a decent number of covers and can be leveled are (not counting the lame ones like X-Force, Elektra, IW... etc)

Jean Grey - 5/2/5 lvl 225

Thor - 5/4/3 lvl 225

Cyclops - 4/2/4 lvl 131

Hulkbuster - 4/4/0 lvl 131

The Thing - 2/3/4 lvl 90

So right there it seems like I really should focus on my 4*s since I have some solid characters just at low levels, I just hate the idea of throwing away the extra covers though. I currently have 11 characters Championed with Deadpool and Scarlet Witch sitting at 166 unchampioned simply because I have not gotten any extra covers for them since the update. I have 8 more 3*s sitting at 151-130 and then the rest are all 120. Those 8 are the ones that are tempting me but I still think right now I would be better off just focusing my ISO on the 4*s since I am usually pretty broke on that currency anyway.

Unfortunately I do not get that many Legendary Tokens though since I primarily just play for a bit each day now. Mainly do the DPD and then the last hour or so of most PvP and some PvE events. I have been able to get more of the the DPD Legendary Tokens when available but not always.

#5121 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2016 - 02:50 AM

Poop.

I got super stoked about the Galactus event and how the rewards are Hulkbusters... if I got them all I would have mine at 5/5/1 which would be beyond awesome. The reality however stuck back in that I am the head of our b-team alliance now where we rarely score enough for anything super worth-while. Do not get me wrong I do not play all hardcore like I used to, just really shows the difference though when these kinds of events roll around.

#5122 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:44 PM

Poop.

I got super stoked about the Galactus event and how the rewards are Hulkbusters... if I got them all I would have mine at 5/5/1 which would be beyond awesome. The reality however stuck back in that I am the head of our b-team alliance now where we rarely score enough for anything super worth-while. Do not get me wrong I do not play all hardcore like I used to, just really shows the difference though when these kinds of events roll around.

I'm just happy the red is the lowest tier.  Actually, the rewards are in exactly the order I'd like them.  I'm at 1/5/3 right now, so if we can get the first two, I'll be at 2/5/4.  Then I can be two covers and a ton of Iso from maxing, championing, and re-specing him to put 5 in red. 

#5123 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 01 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

I'm just happy the red is the lowest tier.  Actually, the rewards are in exactly the order I'd like them.  I'm at 1/5/3 right now, so if we can get the first two, I'll be at 2/5/4.  Then I can be two covers and a ton of Iso from maxing, championing, and re-specing him to put 5 in red. 

I just really want the Blue since I don't even have a single cover of that. 

#5124 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 02:29 AM

Looks like we got the Red Hulkbuster on CAGvengers. Was getting tough towards the end but now that we hit this reward I just finally stopped playing since there was no way we were going to hit enough for the Blue and I already got the max progression reward.

How is our Varsity CAG team holding up with this Galactus event? You guys go for broke and get them all?

#5125 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 05:52 AM

Looks like we got the Red Hulkbuster on CAGvengers. Was getting tough towards the end but now that we hit this reward I just finally stopped playing since there was no way we were going to hit enough for the Blue and I already got the max progression reward.

How is our Varsity CAG team holding up with this Galactus event? You guys go for broke and get them all?

Yeah, we finished up about a day ago. Luckily, I don't think anyone got hit with the crazy goon scaling bug before they fixed it.

#5126 gravel   Meh CAGiversary!   1681 Posts   Joined 9.9 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

All least you got one cover, is that better than the prior alliance events?

Also, for anyone who hasn't heard, the 20 ISO rewards are gone!

#5127 BrolyB593   I've been here well over a decade?!? o.O CAGiversary!   7667 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 04:39 PM

All least you got one cover, is that better than the prior alliance events?

Also, for anyone who hasn't heard, the 20 ISO rewards are gone!

Yeah I am happy to finally get rid of the 20 ISO reward!

And yeah I am happy we got at least the Red Cover, it is just I have been trying to get a blue cover for him for what seems like FOREVER so I was just really hoping we could have snatched that one.

#5128 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

Champion 3* Iron Man. ;)

#5129 sidlon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   254 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 03:11 PM

Champion 3* Iron Man. ;)

And now I might actually do that.  B^)

https://d3go.com/for...php?f=7&t=39458

#5130 Kojubat   Not a Pokémon CAGiversary!   1815 Posts   Joined 15.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

If I didn't have like 3 billion Storm covers in my queue and 4 purple Iceman covers, I would Champion IM40 next in a heartbeat.

The ISO struggle is real.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Marvel, Puzzle Quest, Android, Dark Reign, F2P